Need help regarding PC setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

c.suhrid

Right off the assembly line
Hi there,

I'm upgrading my PC and am looking to get the best possible combination of CPU, GPU & Motherboard & now stuck between 3 set of options. All of the setups fits within Rs.20K-25K, which is my budget. I will be gaming mostly and no multitasking (read the Q.A. I filled up). I want the best CPU clock speed & overall graphics possible which will also suit my pocket. My options are:

1. AMD FX-8350 + MSI 970A-G46 AMD Motherboard + AMD/ATI HD 7750 1GB GDDR5
2. AMD A10-5800K + ASUS F2A85-M-PRO Motherboard + ASUS AMD/ATI HD 6670 1GB GDDR5 (CrossFire-ed with the APU Graphics)
3. AMD FX-8320 + ASUS M5A97 Motherboard + (Asus AMD/ATI HD 7750 OR MSI AMD Radeon Cyclone PE/OC R6850 HD) 1GB GDDR5

-I don't know whether the MSI motherboard I mentioned in the 1st setup is the best but it is surely one of the cheapest. If there are any other good & cheap AM3+ motherboard and/or any graphics card that fits in the budget along with the FX-8350, please mention.

-I, personally, want to go for the AMD FX-8350 as it is one of the most powerful processors from AMD.

-As far as an Intel-based setup is concerned, I'm aware of the Core i5-3570K which is similarly priced as to that of the AMD FX-8350, but not quite sure about which motherboard & Graphics card will be good. If there are any other good Intel based setup is good according to my budget, please feel free to suggest.

-Any changes to the three setups I've mentioned are welcome. If any other setup is suitable according to you, please mention.
Also, if you think that any other combo of these three viz. CPU, GPU & Mobo suits my requirements & budget better, please suggest.

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run?
Ans: Mostly for playing games like Hitman Absolution, Assassin's Creed 3, FIFA-13, GTA 5(when it releases) and all, without any hitches and lags with the best graphics possible. Also, basic programming, as I'm a student.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: I'm going to buy only the CPU, Graphics card & Motherboard. So, my budget for the combo of these three only is Rs.20K-Rs.25K. Hence, as mentioned, my maximum budget is RS.25K. Want good "value for money".

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: If needed.

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Windows 7 (64-bit), Windows 8 (64-bit), Ubuntu.

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: Again, not to be included in the mentioned budget, I'll get 1TB.

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: No, I won't. I've from my previous setup ViewSonic VG1921wm 19" LCD with resolution 1440x900.

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: I will buy nothing except CPU-GPU-Motherboard.

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: Within this month i.e., May-2013.

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: I am upgrading from my previous setup which was assembled by myself and so will it be with this one.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: I live in Kolkata, India. I will buy all the components locally from known shops but if not available, I'm free to buy from sites like Flipkart.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: The rig should serve me good for the next 2.5 to 3 years & I shall be able to play games in the coming years at atleast medium settings.

vkl

Cyborg Agent
Continue in your previous thread here : *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/pc-components-configurations/173442-need-help-regarding-pc-setup.html
Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom