Need help on HDD & SSD

bloodlife

.::Lost in the EchO::.
Hi TDF,

Need help in upgrade on HDD and pls suggest a SSD. My signature is the Current system spec

Budget=10-12k

HDD, which is better? WD Blue WD10EZEX 1 TB / Seagate Barracuda 1 TB (ST1000DM003)

SSD, i thought of Kingston 120GB or Samsung 840 EVO 120GB

adityak469

Training To Beat Goku
get Samsung Evo 850 128GB ~ 5k and
WD Black 1TB ~ 5k

if storage is your need, get WD Green 2TB ~ 5.5k

If you are already getting an SSD, why not go for a WD Caviar Green HDD instead ? The extra silence,power saving features, economy, price, etc is worth it.
Use SSD for main partition and to put frequently played games, while your remaining crap like music,movies,torrents and stuffs can go in the low power silent WD Green HDD

Nerevarine

Incarnate
^Because WD Green has the worst failure rates among all WD drives.. If you get a blue for a little bit extra, why not go for it ?

adityak469

Training To Beat Goku
If you are already getting an SSD, why not go for a WD Caviar Green HDD instead ? The extra silence,power saving features, economy, price, etc is worth it.
Use SSD for main partition and to put frequently played games, while your remaining crap like music,movies,torrents and stuffs can go in the low power silent WD Green HDD
that power saver only slows the HDD down. WD Green is good for space per rupee. also he has a good budget so why not go for it?

DK_WD

WD Official
Hi mikael_schiffer,

I am glad to help you out. For more information about WD internal HDD, I would like to add some word in it. We all are aware that each of WD HDD has different specification for use. The WD Blue is use of normal computing, daily use drives, solid performance and budget drive. WD Blue models are available from 250GB to 1TB. The WD Green has preferred for data storage, backup, save power and quiet environment. WD Green models are available from 500GB to 6TB.

The following colors describe the specifications for WD HDD.

WD Blue = Solid performance.
WD Blue | Desktop 3.5-inch Hard Drives .

WD Green = Energy saving , backups and storage use.
WD Green | Desktop 3.5-inch Hard Drives .

Good luck.

Last edited:

jackal_79

Get Digit ized
Hi mikael_schiffer,

I am glad to help you out. For more information about WD internal HDD, I would like to add some word in it. We all are aware that each of WD HDD has different specification for use. The WD Blue is use of normal computing, daily use drives, solid performance and budget drive. WD Blue models are available from 250GB to 1TB. The WD Green has preferred for data storage, backup, save power and quiet environment. WD Green models are available from 500GB to 6TB.

The following colors describe the specifications for WD HDD.

WD Blue = Solid performance.
WD Blue | Desktop 3.5-inch Hard Drives .

WD Green = Energy saving , backups and storage use.
WD Green | Desktop 3.5-inch Hard Drives .

Good luck.
Hi, what about black?. There is also a difference in pricing and warranty between these three. Right?

DK_WD

WD Official
Hi, what about black?. There is also a difference in pricing and warranty between these three. Right?

Hi jackal_79,

Yes, there is a difference between in WD internal drives. For more information about the WD Black HDD, I would like to add some word in it. The WD Black is the use of high performance like gaming, video editing and etc. WD Black models are available from 500GB to 4TB.

The following link describes the specifications for WD Black HDD.

WD Black = Speed/high end use, extended warranty.

WD Black | Desktop 3.5-inch Hard Drives .

The following link describes the comparison for the WD internal HDD.

Internal Desktop Hard Drives Overview .

Good luck.

Last edited:

jackal_79

Get Digit ized
Hi jackal_79,

Yes, there is a difference between in WD internal drives. For more information about the WD Black HDD, I would like to add some word in it. The WD Black is the use of high performance like gaming, video editing and etc. WD Black models are available from 500GB to 4TB.

The following link describes the specifications for WD Black HDD.

WD Black = Speed/high end use, extended warranty.

WD Black | Desktop 3.5-inch Hard Drives .

The following link describes the comparison for the WD internal HDD.

Internal Desktop Hard Drives Overview .

Good luck.

Thanks!

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
WD Blue models are available from 250GB to 1TB. The WD Green has preferred for data storage, backup, save power and quiet environment. WD Green models are available from 500GB to 6TB.

OT: why there are no 2TB wd blue drive? :sad:

Top Bottom