Need help on configuration.

Status
Not open for further replies.

gyarados

Right off the assembly line
Hi all,
I presently have a P4 machine (1.8 ghz) with a Intel Motherboard and an external graphics card (AGP) with 1 GB ram.
I have noticed that presently most of the games that are being released are releasing for Windows Vista! I was actually avoiding to install Windows Vista as I was told that it is quite resource hungry and moreover because I did not want to invest in a 64bit CPU at that time!
But I have learnt that games like Ghost Recon, Halo 2 etc. are releasing for Vista only so I am contemplating whether to upgrade or not.
My budget is limited so I would be grateful if you could help me by recommending a core 2 duo processor and a decent motherboard.
Do you think I should take a motherboard with AGP slot or PCI express slot?
My budget is approx. Rs. 10,000 (for CPU and motherboad)

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
At present there are few games which are actually Vista only games.2 falling in that league are Halo 2 & Shadowrun.If you do feel the need for upgrading your system now then I suppose you'll also need a ram shift which means you'll need to spend additional amount on DDR2 based modules.So fix a final budget then we can go about it accordingly.

Also AGP is almost phased out right now.Rarely would you see a Core2Duo based motherboard which would have AGP based slot.So ideally wise to go for PCI-E solution considering that most recent board have it as a standard expansion slot.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom