Need Help: Laptop around 25K

Ajo

Broken In
1) What is your budget? (INR or USD)

25000 INR

2) What size notebook would you prefer?

Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen (Not 14")

3) Which country will you buying this notebook?

India

4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?

a. Like:Asus,Lenovo,HP,Dell
b. Dislike:Samsung

5) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?
Browsing,Skype,Movies

6) Will you be taking the notebook with you to different places, leaving it on your desk or both?
Both

7) Will you be playing games on your notebook? If so, please state which games or types of games?
Not interested in gaming..

8) How many hours of battery life do you need?
The longer the better.. :)

9) Would you prefer to see the notebooks you're considering before purchasing it or buying a notebook on-line without seeing it is OK?
Online is fine..

10) What OS do you prefer? Windows (XP or Vista or Windows 7), Mac OS, Linux, etc.
DOS(I dont want to pay extra for the OS)

11) What screen resolution(s) would you prefer?
No preference..

I have Asus SX137D in mind.. Please give your suggestions..

kbar1

Journeyman
Sony Vaio VPCEL15EN/B : AMD dual core CPU (E-350, 1.6GHz), genuine Windows 7 Home Basic, 2GB DDR3 RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6310 graphics, 320GB HDD and a 15.5 inch screen (1366x768). For 26k.

OP
A

Ajo

Broken In
Sony Vaio VPCEL15EN/B : AMD dual core CPU (E-350, 1.6GHz), genuine Windows 7 Home Basic, 2GB DDR3 RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6310 graphics, 320GB HDD and a 15.5 inch screen (1366x768). For 26k.
Dont you think A6 is better than E-350? Or is there any other reason for suggesting Sony?

kbar1

Journeyman
Dont you think A6 is better than E-350? Or is there any other reason for suggesting Sony?

Yes it is. A6 is quad core. Hardware wise, the ASUS is much better than the Sony. But the the ASUS doesn't ship with Windows. Also, Sony is more established. ASUS may not have service centers where you live.

I'm going through the same situation too. Sheer VFM of ASUS versus the more established players...

OP
A

Ajo

Broken In
Yes it is. A6 is quad core. Hardware wise, the ASUS is much better than the Sony. But the the ASUS doesn't ship with Windows. Also, Sony is more established. ASUS may not have service centers where you live.

I'm going through the same situation too. Sheer VFM of ASUS versus the more established players...
I dont want to pay extra for windows.. And Asus does have service centers here..

Top Bottom