NEED HELP in making a LCD TV buying decision!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Iam planning to buy a new 32" LCD TV(dunno much about Plasmas n there relative advantages&disadvantages)
now there's a LG exchange offer going on:
1.Get a LG 32LH20 at 33K or LG 3280UR(JAZZ) at 36K +dvd player,6months DTH and 50dvds free(offer available on select HD ready models)
now,
though the volume(sound) of LH20 IS less,,,but JAZZ(80UR) being 500W PMPO has bigger speakers,,but I found them to be creaky(more treble),,and the audio clarity felt bad thereby.

And I can get a FULL HD LG3280FR,again the JAZZ series at 44K+TATA sKy set top box worth 1.5k free,albeit without the above offer!!!

The big question is:
IS FULL HD really worth the hype...
coz,I'll be watching mostly SD content+at times HD movies,,and wont game at all,,,
So,since SD being prime focus I know Sony Bravia Engine 3 models are a better preference,just that they will be about 10k higher for the HD ready and the full HD models...

Now,typically I would have bought a Panasonic LX80/LE8 considering that they are VFM .if only,they would be readily available here,,,I will have to specifically order them.

So,
I would prefer LG 32LH20 considering the price (33K),getting to shelf my old CTV+6months DTH subscription(now this bit is unlcear in the ADvertisement,as it says you get to chose from 3 DTH subscribers,but those options are not mentioned and on top of that the 6months subscription may be just FREE-To-AIR channels{Though am not sure,but see this as a gimmick} )
and spend 11k or so more and buy a Home Theatre,

Rather,
than spending 44K on FuLL HD LG3280FR,just bcoz it's FULL HD,,and I came to know(and have seen that in my neighbour's Samsung 32" FULL HD) that SD becomes crappier than in HD Ready mdels,,as the SD content seemed to lack texture,fineness on the FULL HD LCD (the faces of characters on TV were like lacking texture and were like painted faces)
and yes,it's JAZZ series,,so I hate it's Treble sounding audio quality....

SO,,,GUYS please give your comments and advises on the same,,,and share your buying experiences!!!

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
SD getting crapier is not true. I have seen samsung series 5 FullHD 37" display SD content in full glory. Don't fall for this crap.

You need to get the right model and set the settings properly.

in coming year or two we will definitely find FullHD channels so you better get FullHD now if you are thinking of keeping this TV for atleast 4-5 years.

OP
P

parasharenator

Broken In
Samsung series 5 full HD LA32A550P1 LCD TV is the TV I was speaking about...
and yes,the texture was relatively bad,while viewing COLORS),kinda painted..
and regarding,,,
FULL HD are you sure that it''ll come to India in a year or two
Remember the 3G debacle...how long it took and will,,,though India being such a huge market!
and correct me if Iam wrong,but Even The US channels broadcast in 720p,not 1080P(atleast that's what I get to download)

and,,,
Can one really make out the difference between 1080P and 720p on a 32"LCD,,,if gaming is NOT what we are talking about!!
.,,If the TV can downscale 1080P(If and when it's available in India) to 720p,,then Iam planning to keep the Tv for 10+ years

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
That is the same model that my friend has LA37A550P1. And I am pretty sure that it has very good picture quality. If you saw the TV in a store, try to play with settings by first doing a factory reset and then changing contrast/brigtness etc.

surinder

Tech addict
Don't get any other 32" model then this :-

LG Scarlet 2.0 32LH70YR @39K

IPS – Advance LCD Panel

100 Hz LCD TV

Full HD 1080p

1,00,000:1 Dynamic Contrast Ratio

Bluetooth connectivity

2.4 ms Response Time

DivX thru’ USB 2.0

3 X HDMI ( Ver. 1.3 deep colour)

OP
P

parasharenator

Broken In
That is the same model that my friend has LA37A550P1. And I am pretty sure that it has very good picture quality. If you saw the TV in a store, try to play with settings by first doing a factory reset and then changing contrast/brigtness etc.
i saw this at my neighbour's house...
but yes the texture is not very fine with SD,,but dimming the brightness and contrast helped a bit.

OP
P

parasharenator

Broken In
Don't get any other 32" model then this :-

LG Scarlet 2.0 32LH70YR @39K

IPS – Advance LCD Panel

100 Hz LCD TV

Full HD 1080p

1,00,000:1 Dynamic Contrast Ratio

Bluetooth connectivity

2.4 ms Response Time

DivX thru’ USB 2.0

3 X HDMI ( Ver. 1.3 deep colour)

ye koi advertisement hai kya??
I know that Scarlet 2.0 is the best.But I will get this for atleast 10k more at my place.(i.e. the price at which it's shown on the LG website)
even one guy from gurgaon said he got this one for 44K..I dunno which/where's price are you quoting??

surinder

Tech addict
Just have look at here

*compareindia.in.com/store/televisions/lg-32lh70yr-scarlet-20/53772/397

LG recently slashed prices for whole scarlett 2.0 range. Don't know about your place but my vendor given me price of 39K for one of my neighbor so why not check it out again. And I'm not advertising for LG but I own 42" model of the same series and that is why I mentioned some striking features over there.

OP
P

parasharenator

Broken In
ok,i will!
but since u're neighbour got the quote!
bcoz I don't trust compareindia prices mainly because when i was looking for laptop,,,i called two-three dealers on the site,,,one of them stopped selling it,,and the others gave quite high price...and when I confirmed the same with the local markets(I was in Mumbai,then) I came to know that CI prices were very low,,and not the actual present in the market,,

akhilesh_mehta2002

Right off the assembly line
hey,
i live in mumbai my dads works for lg if u need LG3280fr for 39k ... brand new with bill contact me ... 9773008797 ( no exchange or return )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom