Need help in deciding which printer to. Buy pls !!!

manuvaidya

Broken In
Hi guys, just like many newbies, i am posting my few unresolved questions here.
I searched a lot about monochrome laser ( of course basic one) for my personal home use.

I didnt want to compromise on inkjet printers & hence thought of buying a basic, cheap & best printer B&W with very low maintance cost & it should also have Toner refill capacity by myself. i.e it should be easy for me to do myself.

Hence i shortlisted few printers which are within my budget range.
Brother HL-2250DN
Brother HL-5250DN

I know you might be thinking what nonsense i am talking about. where is 2250 & where is 5250 right ?
Let me tell you one thing, i live in Germany & i am planning to buy it from ebay or Amazon from Germany.
unfortunately, 5250 used one costs less than 2250. ( 100 Euro for 5250DN & 260 Euro for 2250DN) dont know why... but true. As you are all aware of the thing that the used peripherals here are almost like new ones with few resellers, & more importantly, since i am a student yet,i would like to know your suggestions for the following doubts of mine.

- Which model is better to buy ? - i need to print B&W only 99.99% of times & i need it to be cheap & best quality print
- Which one is best in terms of specifications. i mean for a home user, what all features i must concentrate now.
- What if they say Toner or Drum is almost new or not included. are they so costly or are they important for me to look at them & buy the good ones ? or can i replace them if i get a good offer for used one & buy new parts for cheap price like that.
- which part of printer i should focus so that it i can buy used printer without any tension....

I hope i have made myself clear about my confusions...

Pls help me in choosing a basic Monolaser Printer for my personal use. I dont want inkjet pls.

awaiting your suggestions...Pls be kind for my noob question also....

OP
M

manuvaidya

Broken In
Thanks for ur reply.
Can you be explain a bit more about what extra care i should take before i purchase a used Brother 5250DN ?
I may get easily cheated if i dont know what to look for. Hence i am asking you this....
Thanks in advance... Happy New Year.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Thanks for ur reply.
Can you be explain a bit more about what extra care i should take before i purchase a used Brother 5250DN ?
I may get easily cheated if i dont know what to look for. Hence i am asking you this....
Thanks in advance... Happy New Year.

Some years before Brother does not have any good RMA but it is on par with HP and Canon but is mostly preferred for commercial purposes which means it is most sturdy.Since your primary purpose is BW prints for personal use I think mostly you don't get any repairs but the most common problem for a Lase Printer is smearing and paper jam as I faced with my HP inkjet. Do keep the printer on a stand and clean it regularly and don't let dust accumulate in the printer.
See the online price and local price will be 300-400 cheaper.

OP
M

manuvaidya

Broken In
Thanks for ur reply.
I have decided that Brother is what suffices me in all angles !
According to you, which is the best monolaser / color laser printer available for home users ?

OP
M

manuvaidya

Broken In
Which is good if i want to buy a MFD ?
i mean if i can get a MFD in this price range of 100 euros why not buy MFD rather than monolaser ?
And can you please tell me what does these numbers in the series mean like 5250, 5350, 5340 and all ?
I really dont know which series to go for...
Is it ok if i buy cheapest used Brother HL-5250DN & then buy new Toner + Drum & install and use it. This option works out to be cheapest for me at present. but i really dont know if that would be a suitable and best by considering the amount of money i am going to spend on it.

Can i buy the worst printer & then replace drum +Toner or buy a serviced printer from a store with warranty ?

I know i am really pissing you off, but since i am a newbie, these things are constantly bugging me.... hence i want to clear them before i invest my saved money...
Thanks for understanding & thanks in advance for your reply...

Top Bottom