Need help in configuring Gaming Rig of 1 Lakh.

arifcatalyst

Broken In
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: High end gaming, Photoshop, Adobe Flash, Programming with extensive compiling android ROMS. :D

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: 1 Lakh (+15K only if I sale my laptop)

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans:Yes.

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Window 8.1 + ubuntu (Dual boot)

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: 1TB + SSD

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: No

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: I don't need Headset and DVD writer.

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: First week of January

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: No , will take help from assembler.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: New Delhi. Will buy the stuff from Nehru place "Cost to Cost" shop.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: I need a rig which is a little future proof at least 2 years of gaming in ultra settings and next 2-3 years on High settings.

P.S-This is what I made.

CPU- Intel Core-i7 (4790K)

Motherboard-Asus Z97 Sabertooth Mark1/Asrock Z97 Extreme 6/Asus Z97-K/Asus Maximus VII Formula

GPU-Zotac GTX 970 AMP! Omega

HDD-1 TB Seagate Baracudda

SSD-Samsung 850 pro 256Gb.

PSU-Corsair RM750.

Keyboard-CM Master Devastator Combo.

Cabinet-NZXT H440

RAM-Corsair Vengeance (4GBx2) 1600 Mhz

A Liquid Cooler as I will OC when it gets old...So Corsair H100i 240mm

I will be buying all the stuff from COST TO COST. I am attaching the price list of it so you get the idea why my asking price is reasonable.

I will buy Cabinet from Primeabgb ( Is it good ?) cuz I can't get the cabinet at Nehru place.

Can't attach file even the file size conforms to the forum so I am giving the link *www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CBwQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.costtocost.in%2Flist%2Fpricelist.pdf&ei=ebimVLnBB8iyuASvl4DYCQ&usg=AFQjCNHJbyXqc3fdjg8HLFrp08Cb6cG6OQ&sig2=2KAUCxbxcI9BQIsYsW77Qw&bvm=bv.82001339,d.c2E

- - - Updated - - -

Nobody willing to help ? Great...What a community ?

Last edited:

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
the selected config by you is good. for the hdd, i suggest wd black 1tb. worth the money as it comes with 5 years of warranty. primeabgb is safe. dont worry.
which monitor do you have?

Your selected config is good. A few changes that I'd like to suggest-

> Like [MENTION=135617]rijinpk1[/MENTION] has mentioned, a WD Black will be better or at least a WD Blue. Only in case none of these are available, go for Seagate.

> H100i would be an overkill. How much do you intend to overclock BTW? Keep in mind overclocking will have no (or insignificant, at best) impact on gaming.

> NEVER EVER get this config assembled form an assembler. He'll just mess up the cable management and will make it look it look like crap. DO it yourself. It's damn easy.

OP
A

arifcatalyst

Broken In
Your selected config is good. A few changes that I'd like to suggest-

> Like [MENTION=135617]rijinpk1[/MENTION] has mentioned, a WD Black will be better or at least a WD Blue. Only in case none of these are available, go for Seagate.

> H100i would be an overkill. How much do you intend to overclock BTW? Keep in mind overclocking will have no (or insignificant, at best) impact on gaming.

> NEVER EVER get this config assembled form an assembler. He'll just mess up the cable management and will make it look it look like crap. DO it yourself. It's damn easy.

Why not Seagatte If I can get at leser price ? Even both specs are same..
I had Seagatte in past, it works without a hiccup.
I will OC to around 60% so I can speed up compiling process and it really gets too hot in summers here.

And I am extremely extremely confused about the motherboard..so much that I am constantly changing my preference per day.Asus has good build-up a nice BIOS reliable..good service here...where as Asrock is good in Value for money.

Why not Seagatte If I can get at leser price ? Even both specs are same..
I had Seagatte in past, it works without a hiccup.
I will OC to around 60% so I can speed up compiling process and it really gets too hot in summers here.

Western Digital has much better after sale service. Door to door pickups, no failing of software tests required.

HE-MAN

Ambassador of Buzz
@op if ur suggested config is good enough value for said budget, then u will not get much help. another reason being. u will see the same stapled components by the same people and they will stick to it no matter want u say... no offence to anyone in anyway..
also big thanks for attaching the price list really appreciate it

OP
A

arifcatalyst

Broken In
@op if ur suggested config is good enough value for said budget, then u will not get much help. another reason being. u will see the same stapled components by the same people and they will stick to it no matter want u say... no offence to anyone in anyway..

Yeah Cost to Cost has the best price in India, I suppose.

And the great thing is that I tried to calculate the difference between the price in usa and here.It's almost identical here.

Like for instance, see the price of i7-4790k here in Amazon.COM Amazon.com: Intel Core i7-4790K Processor (8M Cache, up to 4.40 GHz) (BX80646I74790K): Computers & Accessories and the price I posted in first post.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist

that is not correct!

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
CPU-Intel Xeon E3 1231 v3 -18000,

Motherboard-MSI Z97 PC Mate -8100,

GPU-Zotac GTX 970 4GB -27000,

HDD-WD Caviar Black 1TB -5500,

SSD-Samsung 850 EVO 250GB -12500,

PSU-Seasonic S12II 620 -6000,

Keyboard-CM Master Devastator Gaming Bundle -3200,

Cabinet-Corsair Carbide SPEC-01 -4200,

RAM-Corsair Vengeance 8GB(4GBx2) 1600MHz -6000,

Cooler-Corsair H60 -5000.

TOTAL -95,500.

Last edited:

adityak469

Training To Beat Goku
CPU-Intel Xeon E3 1230 v3 -18000,

Motherboard-MSI Z97 PC Mate -8100,

GPU-Zotac GTX 970 4GB -27000,

HDD-WD Caviar Black 1TB -5500,

SSD-Samsung 840 EVO 250GB -9500,

PSU-Seasonic S12II 620 -6000,

Keyboard-CM Master Devastator Gaming Bundle -3200,

Cabinet-Corsair Carbide SPEC-01 -4250,

RAM-Corsair Vengeance 8GB(4GBx2) 1600MHz -6000,

Cooler-Corsair H80 -6000.

TOTAL -

many many manyfaults

op is planning to overclock
1231 is launched already
Evo 850 is also launched
you suggested water cooling with a non overclockable cpu wtf
also why 250gb ssd?
Why not HyperXFuryif you are going with a board that supports 1866MHz RAM?

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
many many manyfaults

op is planning to overclock
1231 is launched already
Evo 850 is also launched
you suggested water cooling with a non overclockable cpu wtf
also why 250gb ssd?
Why not HyperXFuryif you are going with a board that supports 1866MHz RAM?

I suggested the below config because OCing does not do much good and opting for Xeon CPU will be future proofing.
Made some corrections to the below config.
250GB SSD is the bare minimum these days.
Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz is enough.
Latest chipsets are running hotter so recommended water cooling.

CPU- Intel Xeon E3 1231 v3 -18000,
Motherboard- MSI Z97 PC Mate -8100,
GPU- Zotac GTX 970 4GB -27000,
HDD- WD Caviar Black 1TB -5500,
SSD- Samsung 850 EVO 250GB -12500,
PSU- Seasonic S12II 620 -6000,
Keyboard- CoolerMaster Devastator Gaming Bundle -3200,
Cabinet- Corsair Carbide SPEC-01 -4200,
RAM- Corsair Vengeance 8GB(4GBx2) 1600MHz -6000,
Cooler- Corsair H60 -5000.

TOTAL -95,500.

OP
A

arifcatalyst

Broken In
I suggested the below config because OCing does not do much good and opting for Xeon CPU will be future proofing.

TOTAL -95,500.

What advantage of Xeon over i7 ?

Motherboard - Asus Maximus VII Hero

Cabinet-NZXT H440 .....It's a pretty good silent case.

Keyboard-I have decided to stick with Corsair Mechanical K70 Keyboard

I have already bought the PSU(Corsair RM 750) and GPU..cuz I got it at a very good rate

And where did you got the price of 12,500 for an Evo version..that's for pro.

Last edited:

adityak469

Training To Beat Goku

TOTAL -95,500.
you do know that Xeon is literally an i7 without k, so how is Xeon future proofing? Also nothing is future proof. ? and those extra clocks will surely help him in compiling ROMs.
LOL 250GB SSD is bare minimum? Name programs that cross 100GB that you will install on a SSD for faster loading..
When you are getting the better thing for the same price, why not go for it? That 1866Mhz sure will help.
No chipsets run hot enough that they require water cooling. Infact many people who overclock processors use air cooling.

- - - Updated - - -

What advantage of Xeon over i7 ?

Motherboard - Asus Maximus VII Hero

Cabinet-NZXT H440 .....It's a pretty good silent case.

Keyboard-I have decided to stick with Corsair Mechanical K70 Keyboard

I have already bought the PSU(Corsair RM 750) and GPU..cuz I got it at a very good rate

And where did you got the price of 12,500 for an Evo version..that's for pro.

Xeon is an i7 without the k. Its for people who dont wanna overclock and need an i7 processing power.

Also please do quote what you got for what prices, it helps us in being update with the prices :)

OP
A

arifcatalyst

Broken In
you do know that Xeon is literally an i7 without k, so how is Xeon future proofing? Also nothing is future proof. ? and those extra clocks will surely help him in compiling ROMs.
LOL 250GB SSD is bare minimum? Name programs that cross 100GB that you will install on a SSD for faster loading..
When you are getting the better thing for the same price, why not go for it? That 1866Mhz sure will help.
No chipsets run hot enough that they require water cooling. Infact many people who overclock processors use air cooling.

- - - Updated - - -

Xeon is an i7 without the k. Its for people who dont wanna overclock and need an i7 processing power.

Also please do quote what you got for what prices, it helps us in being update with the prices :)

Here is the link for prices-*www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CBwQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.costtocost.in%2Flist%2Fpricelist.pdf&ei=ElCuVPzDDMy8uATizIKQDg&usg=AFQjCNHJbyXqc3fdjg8HLFrp08Cb6cG6OQ&sig2=NUCTDpUkzq8YZRsej266WQ&bvm=bv.83339334,d.c2E

Top Bottom