Need Help in Buying !

Kvishal

In the zone
Hi Everyone,

I am confused between iPhone-4, Samsung Galaxy S-2, HTC-Sensation(Whenever it comes out) and HTC-Desire HD. My requirement being first, Fantastic Display, Reasonably Big screen. Android (Latest Version, whatever is currently out there). Good Spaced out Keyboard for easy, accurate and comfortable Typing. Easy user friendly UI and all the other standard features remain the same.

Last edited by a moderator:

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hi Everyone,

I am confused between iPhone-4, Samsung Galaxy S-2, HTC-Sensation(Whenever it comes out) and HTC-Desire HD. My requirement being first, Fantastic Display, Reasonably Big screen. Android (Latest Version, whatever is currently out there). Good Spaced out Keyboard for easy, accurate and comfortable Typing. Easy user friendly UI and all the other standard features remain the same.

You never mentioned it. Anyway if android is a priority then iphone is out of question. Among the rest, my vote goes to Samsung. Its lightweight compared to Desire HD and has a super-Amoled screen. Let others have their say. :)

OP
K

Kvishal

In the zone
You never mentioned it. Anyway if android is a priority then iphone is out of question. Among the rest, my vote goes to Samsung. Its lightweight compared to Desire HD and has a super-Amoled screen. Let others have their say. :)

Samsung Galaxy S2 looks good, But going for it just coz it is light weight is not convincing enough. Super Amoled Screen Maybe. But Phones like iPhone 4 with its Retina display are I guess ranked still higher in terms of its screen and display, Also for e.g HTC Sensation puts in more pixels as compared to the SGS-2 so there is also a catch there !

Last edited:

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
You are right. First decide, whether Android or Iphone as they are different platform. If Android, then we can look for the models.

OP
K

Kvishal

In the zone
You are right. First decide, whether Android or Iphone as they are different platform. If Android, then we can look for the models.

Boss looks like again and again you are trying to tell me the same thing !!

My question is divided in to two parts.

1. Would iPhone-4 be a better choice over the phones that I have listed keeping in mind my requirements ?

or

2. If I go to decide for an Android Phone from the list that I have mentioned above, which one would be a better choice.

So Simple, But again and again you keep saying the same thing...:|

I am not sure about to go for iPhone-4 or any other phones keeping in mind my requirements , is the reason I am here! :p

Last edited:

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Got you, so let's see your requirements:-

1. Fantastic Display -Apple has a higher resolution compared to S2 and Desire HD although none have a display you can call bad.
2. Reasonably Big screen - Samsung & Desire HD have bigger screens - 4.3" against Apple's 3.5"
3. Good Spaced out Keyboard for easy, accurate and comfortable Typing - Apple wins IMO
4. Easy user friendly UI and all the other standard features remain the same - All are more or less same, I guess.

Ultimately it boils down to your personal choice, I think. Someone may prefer the power of Android and others might prefer the excellent integration of hardware and software, and the superb display (albeit smaller) of iPhone.

This link might be helpful for you:-

iPhone 4 vs. Samsung Galaxy SII

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
In my opinion, Samsung Galaxy SII beats iPhone 4 in every department. In a few months (September-October), the new iPhone 5 and Galaxy SIII will be launched. Its not far away... these phones will really rock. The best option would be to wait.

Android phones are not really as polished as iPhone is... There always are bugs... I especially hate Samsung for their buggy implementation of Android. So, if you are spending a ton of money, and don't particularly care for Android, then iPhone would be perfect for you. The experience is excellent in every department...

I am an Android Fan, and will always stay with Android phones... I don't need a perfect device... I prefer a hackable phone to stay on the cutting edge...

OP
K

Kvishal

In the zone
In a few months (September-October), the new iPhone 5 and Galaxy SIII will be launched.

iPhone-5 and SGS-3 who told u about this ?? I dont think iPhone is gonna be out anytime before next Feb-March 2012.

Nope..I definitely dont think so iPhone-5 this year !!

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Samsung Galaxy S2 looks good, But going for it just coz it is light weight is not convincing enough. Super Amoled Screen Maybe. But Phones like iPhone 4 with its Retina display are I guess ranked still higher in terms of its screen and display, Also for e.g HTC Sensation puts in more pixels as compared to the SGS-2 so there is also a catch there !

SGS2 vs iPhone 4:

superior display for everything except reading
superior camera
superior multimedia
superior OS
superior processing power

iPhone 4 is nearing its EOL now and the world is waiting for iPhone 5 so paying some 35k for iPhone 4 now doesn't make anysense.

among the droids, stick to SGSII and Sensation for now and forget about iPhone 4. It is a good phone but .....

OP
K

Kvishal

In the zone
SGS2 vs iPhone 4:

superior display for everything except reading
superior camera
superior multimedia
superior OS
superior processing power

iPhone 4 is nearing its EOL now and the world is waiting for iPhone 5 so paying some 35k for iPhone 4 now doesn't make anysense.

among the droids, stick to SGSII and Sensation for now and forget about iPhone 4. It is a good phone but .....

So what do u suggest if I have to buy a phone right now go for SGS-2 and if I can wait, wait for iPhone-5 but dont certainly go for iPhone-4 is that what u r saying ?

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
So what do u suggest if I have to buy a phone right now go for SGS-2 and if I can wait, wait for iPhone-5 but dont certainly go for iPhone-4 is that what u r saying ?

Ejjactly. coz if you buy an iPhone now, 3 months later, you might bang that iPhone 4 to the wall. Even with SGS II, I think you need to wait till tht yellow screen issue is sorted out.

aroraanant

Explorer
Desire HD is totally a crap,Incredible S is far better than it.
iphone 4 is really a nice phone with the best screen available tough technically super amoled is better than retina but it in reality retina is the best.But remember that you need itunes to synchronize it to ur computer,so u cant synchronize ur phone to a computer who don't have itunes in it,for bluetooth u need to install a 3rd party app and it breakes very easily or will get a crack when it will fall coz apart from the front portion its back is also made of glass and also it doesnt have a FM radio.These are the main disadvantages of iphone and also it is quite more expensive than the other phones available out there though you can get it from ebay at only 31k otherwise this phone is the best.
Owners of SGSII have said that the phone has a yellow screen issue so I think its not the correct time to buy it.
Yes you can surely look for Sensation,HTC is the only company which can compete with apple.
One thing you must remember is that the next generation iphone(or u can say iphone 5) is about to be launched within 2-3 months.
Now I would life to make it more easy for you,iphone has 3.5" display and sensation has a 4.3" display and some better specs.So if you want a bigger screen then don't think much and go for Sensation.
Though I m a apple fanboy but if I would be at your place then I would have gone for Sensation.

Top Bottom