Need help in buying modem for my broadband connection

nac

Aspiring Novelist
I am using a desktop, so wired modem is fine and good. But if the price difference is not much, wireless is OK too... (but I should able to connect my desktop which doesn't have wifi signal receiver ;)

Budget - as low as possible (lets say I don't find anything under 900/- but that does have only one port, I prefer to have more than one port. So that I can transfer files from one pc to another if I ever needed. But this put me in a place where I need to spent about Rs. 1800-2000/-

I checked these models, all the three seems to be similar (I couldn't find any difference in spec or features, may be bcoz I am totally a noob when it comes to computers)
Can I pick one among these.... else you can suggest a better one.

Will be buying locally if the price deal is good, if not will buy from online sellers. Will buy within a week or 10 days.

Reliable brand, good after sales service should be good.

Please suggest/recommend a modem, I am really in need of one... Thank you...

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
nothing comes even close to tp-link adsl models under 5000 so go for tp-link & if you can increase your budget by just ~300 get the 300mbps 2 antenna model which will have better range else even 8951 will be fine:
TP-LINK DW8961 ADSL plus WIFI 300MBPS

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
^ Thank you...

To me that extra range not gonna be useful as I am using a desktop. So I go with 8951... :) Thank you...

Bought tp link 8951...

Need to configure the modem. I better call ISP to do it...

Config was super easy with the supplied CD...

Modem looks nice and good...

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Any link for "how to configure router and it's settings"... As of now it's not of any use to me, but I would like to know it...

And a doubt... After configuring router, is there any way a wired desktop connection and a wifi laptop can share files via this router???

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
all systems connected to a router can share files you just have to enable file sharing in your operating system & procedure varies(xp,vista,win 7,win 8,linux etc).as for configuration of a wired modem+wifi router(yours is already a wifi modem+router) see these guides by just4kix:
All my useful articles and guides

Top Bottom