Need help in buying a laptop...

prasadbhat.m

Right off the assembly line
I am planning to buy a laptop at around a budget of 35000/- INR. Some of my major working criteria are audio processing, basic video processing, Image processing and graphics and electronics simulations. Please suggest me some laptops which are the bests in that range of budget. I want it to support both linux and windows. (Because some of the laptops do not support linux platform). I ll be waiting for some worthy responses.
Thank You.

Ishu Gupta

Manchester United
HP 630 Series Essential 630 ( Ci5) Laptop: Flipkart.com: Compare, Review HP Notebook Upgrade RAM
HP Notebook HP 430 (Ci5) Laptop: Flipkart.com: Compare, Review HP Notebook 14"
Acer Aspire 5750 (Ci5/ 2GB/ 500GB/ Linux) Laptop: Flipkart.com: Compare, Review Acer Notebook Upgrade RAM
Lenovo Ideapad Z Series Z570 (59-069599) Laptop Without Accessories: Flipkart.com: Compare, Review Lenovo Notebook

OP
P

prasadbhat.m

Guys, I forgot to mention it. As there is problem of power failures at my place the battery backup should a little better.
I just came across acer aspire 5830T (core i3 2.10GHz) laptops. Its priced around at 36000/- INR. configuration is like this: 2nd gen core i3-2310M processor(3MB L3 cache, 2.10GHz) with Win7 HB, 2GB DDR3 RAM, 500GB HDD, Intel HM65 Exprss chipset, 15.6 inch HD-LED backlit screen, DVD writer, Intel HD graphics 3000 with 128MB of dedicated system memory, Dolby Home theater v4, Bluetooth 3.0, Multi card reader, Gigabit LAN, 1.3 MP HD Webcam, 4 USB ports, HDMI, 6 cell battery. Please comment on this it. suggest me if its ok or not. Is there any problems in this model ? If there is any better configuration in this budget, please suggest. Is it possible to play games like prince of Persia, GTA, Vice city etc ?( I am not a hard core gamer anyway )

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Some of my major working criteria are audio processing, basic video processing, Image processing and graphics and electronics simulations.

for this kind of use choose atleast 4GB of RAM & core i-3 proccy.

go to dell website customize the laptop according to your need & check the price..

recently my frnd bought HP probook

swapyworld

Broken In
If there is any better configuration in this budget, please suggest. Is it possible to play games like prince of Persia, GTA, Vice city etc ?( I am not a hard core gamer anyway )

Why arent u going for Acer 5750 G (around 39.5K)...try if you get it without OS and price will further reduce !!
or try
Asus K Series K53SC-SX054D
Asus A53 A53SJ Laptop

See the config for yourself and GT 520M will let you play some games in medium settings too (at least better than onboard intel :razz:)....check notebookcheckreview for more details :mrgreen:

Hope this helps !!

Ishu Gupta

Manchester United
my major working criteria are audio processing, basic video processing, Image processing and graphics and electronics simulations.

Whatever happened to this. Don't you need the best CPU you can get?

See the config for yourself and GT 520M will let you play some games in medium settings too (at least better than onboard intel :razz:)....check notebookcheckreview for more details :mrgreen:

Acc to notebookcheck

As an entry level card, the GT 520M has to compete against the Intel HD Graphics 3000 in the current Sandy Bridge processors. In our tests, the card was only slightly faster, but the better driver support did make a difference
Not sure if worth paying extra for. I would get a GT525M and OC it to GT550M levels.

OP
P

prasadbhat.m

Guys, I have decided to go for acer timeline X 5830tg (core i3) laptop. It has a dedicated GPU also. Even battery back up seems to be good. What do you think ?

Top Bottom