Need help in buying a Dell laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

thinktank

Right off the assembly line
Hi,

I am from Chennai. I want to buy a Dell Inspiron 1420 and given below is the price for the same after configuring my laptop on the Dell website. In this price list, the total tax is given as Rs.7383.58. I would want to know if there is any way I can bring down the tax. Also, since this is the first time I'm buying a product online, I need some advice. Is it safe to buy online?

Total
Total Amount---------------------Rs 43,808.00*dellstoreroa02.sg.dell.com/public/images/trans.gif
Total Amount Before Tax----------Rs 43,808.00
CD/CVD/Excise Duty--------------
Rs 5,414.67
VAT - 4%------------------------Rs 1,968.91
Total Amount Before OCTROI TAX-Rs 51,191.58
OCTROI - 0%--------------------Rs 0.00
Total Tax------------------------Rs 7,383.58
Total Amount After Tax-----------Rs 51,191.58

Thanks,
Babu

slugger

Banned
@taxes thingy

if yu choose to forgo your reciept you could be asked not to pay taxes [illegal tho ;)]
AFAIK Dell prods give you a unique code to id u as a genuine Dell user - reciept or no reciept

@payment thingy
since you are buying it online from Dell themselves there shuold be not safety issues involved

P.S If you buyin the lappy directly from Dell then the reciept thingy does not apply to you. You will have to pay taxes.

gopz

In the zone
Dont order online. Call the Dell reps and order through phone. You can bargain and also get freebies if you call on a thursday or friday (they will be desperate to make a sale)

shakensoul

[t]ech[f]reak
Yes, every Dell product is shipped to your address.

If anyone is interested in getting a Dell laptop at a discounted price, contact me.

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
Will a DELL XPS M1330 costing Rs.50K (as said on dell.co.in site) + Maximum customisation (wen i did tat, i got a prick of Rs.83K and im comfy with this)give me a gaming lappy to play all today's games???

Or will i hv to look for other brands?? Plz reply guys...

CHeers n e-peace...

gopz

In the zone
If you are looking for a gaming laptop, go in for XPS 1530, and choose 8600m GT

I dont think there is a better graphics card for laptops in India.

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
^^ well on the dell site (www.dell.co.in) there is no mentioning of the XPS 1530 :( apart from 1330 XPS

Btw, is there a compromise by not having better graphic cards for lappys in India esp. by DELL ?? or by other companies as well ?? (for gaming lappys) !!

Note: guys im willing to pay approx. Rs.85K for a gaming laptop (i wanna try Crysis even if it manages lowest setting on a 85K priced lappy so be it.. )

Cheers n e-peace...

Last edited:

gopz

In the zone
*dellstoreroa02.sg.dell.com/public/cart/configurator.jsp?prd_id=42382&sr_no=1

I think you should not look beyond XPS m1530 with an nVIDIA 8600m GT card. You will love it.

If 85k is your budget, you can really get an awesome config. Dell gives discount to its employees so try to look for some friends working at Dell and you will get something unbelievable for 85k

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
^^

So is the M1530 comes with a nVIDIA 8600m GT card or is it available only wen i choose it in the CUSTOMISATION section of DELL ??

kumarmohit

Technomancer
Dont order online. Call the Dell reps and order through phone. You can bargain and also get freebies if you call on a thursday or friday (they will be desperate to make a sale)

Hell yeah I can vouch for that, the Dell guy waived all taxes for my Vostro 1200. I am placing the order today most prolly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom