Need help gyus

Status
Not open for further replies.

sajands

Right off the assembly line
Hi there,

I'aqm Sajan from Bangalore. I need your advice on DVD-Writers. I have a Dell Dimension 4300 desktop which has a 40gb hard drive, 256 mb SDRAM, 64mb GeForce Graphic Card, Liteon DVD 16x ROM and P4 1.5 Ghz Processor. I Just wanted to know which is the best DVD Writer available for my computer as SamSung and LG causes my computer to crash for some strange reason both the CD-writers and DVD-Writers of these 2 companies hung my computer. Aslo Could you suggest possible upgrades both hardware and software. Oppps!, i almost forgot, have loaded Windows XP Home Edition with service pack 2.

awating your reply.
Regards,
Sajan

OP
S

sajands

Right off the assembly line
Hey freakabhishek,

Thanks for replying pal, can you tel me which perticular model that i can choose from sony

abracadabra

Journeyman
go for NEC, Plextor or Pioneer. They are the Big Daddies of the CD / DVD market.

as for u r upgrade u havent mentioned u r motherboard.
a minimum standard in the indian market wuld be a 80Gb Sata, 256Mb DDR, P4 2.8 or above. On the AMD side AMD Athlon 64 3000+. 128Mb supported graphics if u are not just a casual gamer ignore this.

Last edited:
sony is the best dvd wirter as per my knowledge.........
my friend is also using it.......
and he dont have any prob with it..............

hcp006sl

Journeyman
Form Tom's Hardware

The best is NEC (ND-3550A Dual Layer DVD±RW). Next Sony (DRU-810A Dual Layer DVD±RW).
Source: *www.tomshardware.com/

Nitin_Tyagi

Broken In
Knowing that you are already using a lite on dvd rom i would say that you can use the same brand for your dvd writer is is the best in compatibility issues. sony is good too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom