Need help for building my first gaming rig [ Budget : 1 lakh]

petergriffin

I Am A Potato Enthusiast
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: Basically i want the rig to support all upcoming major games at high settings for atleast 2 years ( Assassin's Creed Rogue,Batman: Arkham Knight,The Division ,far cry 4,cod series,bf4 and obvi the old games. Beside gaming i'll be using it for multimedia(full hd movies) and browsing .

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: The budget should not exceed 1 lakh.

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: Yes i will oc the gpu and cpu.

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Windows 7 64 bit ( maybe i'll upgrade to win 10 later)

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: 1 Tb minimum .(i already have a laptop 500gb internal hdd which i'll be using)

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: Yes, 1920 X 1080 (24" atleast)

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: I already have a keyboard mouse combo.

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: After 2 weeks.

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: I'll assemble it myself.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Delhi, will buy from nehru place or some online site.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans:
* Should be an intel cpu.
* I am planning to get a gtx 970 but i'm not sure which model to go with.I ll get the gpu from nehru place only,so kindly suggest some good trustworthy shops because customer service matters, as many gtx 970 cards are having coil issues . (msi,asus and gigabyte)
* Preferred cabinets : NZXT H440, NZXT PHANTOM 410 and CM STORM SCOUT 2.( open to other awesome looking suggestions :p)
* guys please suggest some good shops in nehru place. i've heard about SMC and C2C(but i'll be skipping this one as i read some negative reviews about fake products and stuff).

THANKs!

gemangel

Broken In
Intel i7 4790k Processor - 23K
MSI Z97 Gaming 7 Motherboard - 15k
Corsair Vengeance DDR3 4 GB (2 x 4 GB) 8GB - 6.5k
WD Blue WD10EZEX 1 TB Internal Hard Drive - 4k
ZOTAC GTX 970 -27k
Asus DRW-24D3ST DVD Burner - 1k
Corsair RM650 650 watts PSU - 7.5k or Corsair RM850 850 Watts PSU -11k ( in future if u like to do SLI )
Samsung 23.6 inch LS24D390HL/XL LED Monitor - 13k or LG 23.8 inch LED 24MP76HM Monitor - 14k
Cooler Master HAF 912 - 5.5k or CORSAIR CARBIDE SERIES SPEC 03 - 5.3k

Note: would recommend SSD for much better performance and loading time

OP
P

petergriffin

I Am A Potato Enthusiast
thanks [MENTION=296990]gemangel[/MENTION]
how is the rma service of MSI and zotac here in delhi? any idea?
Corsair Vengeance vs G.Skill RipjawsX . is there any difference in performance ?

thanks

gemangel

Broken In
rma service of MSI is very good and zotac also in delhi

Corsair Vengeance vs G.Skill RipjawsX both r good but Corsair Vengeance is easily available

ZOTAC GTX 970 -27k
Corsair RM650 650 watts PSU - 7.5k or Corsair RM850 850 Watts PSU -11k ( in future if u like to do SLI )
Samsung 23.6 inch LS24D390HL/XL LED Monitor - 13k or LG 23.8 inch LED 24MP76HM Monitor - 14k

What about speakers (or headphones) .
And why recommend those overpriced RM series PSU. Better to get a Antec 600W one, forgot the exact name, thats around Rs5000 and. With the money saved get a decent 2.1 speaker system or a Headphone Mic set

AMITNOIDA

Broken In
ZOTAC GTX 970 -27k

I am also in the process of deciding the components of my new Gaming PC with almost similar budget. I have some apprehension about the heating issues of i7 4790k as mentioned in various user feedbacks in the internet. Some users faced heating problem of i7-4790k even with after market air cooling with cooler master hyper 212 Evo & arctic silver 5 thermal paste.

Can any forum member, who uses i7 4790k himself share his experience with respect to any excessive heating issue of this processor?

OP
P

petergriffin

I Am A Potato Enthusiast
I got busy with exams ,finally i'll be getting the rig next Friday from nehru place.
soo i mailed smc and mass computers asking them to give the price quote .The SMC guy just replaced most of the parts with cm and msi models :/(maybe because they are the authorized dealers or something)
final quote given by Mass computers (for my decided config):
Motherboard: Asus z97 pro wifi :17590
CPU : i7 4790k :21500
CPU cooler : CM 212x :2590
hard disk : 1tb blue :3490
GPU : Asus strix 970 :26900
Case :h440 nzxt :7895
PSU :Seasonic m12ii 620 :6390
Ram :corsair veng 8gbx2 :10780
Monitor : AOC i2369vm : 10900

Vat : 4856
Total : 1,12,892
Basically i wanted to ask about mass computers ,are they trusted ? how is the service ? what about the price quote they provided ?yay or nah?
Any other good shops in nehru worth visiting?

thanks

adityak469

Training To Beat Goku
I got busy with exams ,finally i'll be getting the rig next Friday from nehru place.
soo i mailed smc and mass computers asking them to give the price quote .The SMC guy just replaced most of the parts with cm and msi models :/(maybe because they are the authorized dealers or something)

Basically i wanted to ask about mass computers ,are they trusted ? how is the service ? what about the price quote they provided ?yay or nah?

thanks

prices are goodbut why that 17k mobo?

HE-MAN

Ambassador of Buzz
not considering he is also taking vat. okay vat tax is taken by all vendors but then there prices are low..
why that mobo?
also since ur main purpose is gaming 4690k will also be more then enough.
asus strix is good looking comes with backplate looks cool in case.
u can get antec vp550p v3 if u have no plans for sli.
instead of getting 16gb ram buy only 8 gb and rest buy a 120gb ssd

one more thing since asus strix requires only 1 8pin connector u can actually do sli with no overclock on any component but the system will be running nearly at full loads for extended time, so this is not adviced

OP
P

petergriffin

I Am A Potato Enthusiast
sorry i forget to mention and edit ,this rig will be used for rendering and editing
sorry:p
and about the motherboard ,i really wanted a good quality mobo for overclocking and asus z97 pro(wifi and Bluetooth) looks really good feature wise.But I'm open to other suggestions

one more thing since asus strix requires only 1 8pin connector u can actually do sli with no overclock on any component but the system will be running nearly at full loads for extended time, so this is not adviced
sorry can you explain this a little more
and i decided to go with the seasonic psu after going through many threads on TH (good quality ,better lifespan..) 650w for future upgrades just to be safe
or should i go with a decent 550w psu? i dont want to change my psu later

thanks

HE-MAN

Ambassador of Buzz
sorry i forget to mention and edit ,this rig will be used for rendering and editing
and about the motherboard ,i really wanted a good quality mobo for overclocking and asus z97 pro(wifi and Bluetooth) looks really good feature wise.But I'm open to other suggestions

and i decided to go with the seasonic psu after going through many threads on TH (good quality ,better lifespan..) 650w for future upgrades just to be safe

thanks

rendering and editing then stick with 4790k and that seasonic psu is one fine product. better u stick with what u selected

adityak469

Training To Beat Goku

thanks

you do know that a NIC is aroud 700 and a blutooth adapter is 300? Why shell out that much?

arifcatalyst

Broken In

thanks

I want to do a little correction on it.
Motherboard : Asus Sabertooth Mark1 (5 yrs warranty)
PU : i7 4790k :20890
CPU cooler : Corsair H80
hard disk : 1TB WD Black Caviour or Seagatte 1TB Baracudda( Don't go with Blue..if price is the issue.then buy seagatte)
GPU : Evga Gtx 970 superclocked-21900--( Pm me to get at this price.)
Case :h440 nzxt :78959 (From where are you getting this, NZXT products aren't available in Nehru Place??)
PSU :Corsair VS 650--3790
Ram[/B} :ADATA 4 GB (XPG 1866) V3-3090
Monitor[/B} : AOC i2369vm : 10900

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
^^ seriously a corsair vs series psu in that budget?
@op, for cpu cooler, if you can afford, then get noctua nh d15. and for the psu, do not make a compromise.

- - - Updated - - -

1TB WD Black Caviour or Seagatte 1TB Baracudda( Don't go with Blue..if price is the issue.then buy seagatte)

anything wrong with cavier blue?

arifcatalyst

Broken In
^^ seriously a corsair vs series psu in that budget?
@op, for cpu cooler, if you can afford, then get noctua nh d15. and for the psu, do not make a compromise.

- - - Updated - - -

anything wrong with cavier blue?

Then go for Corsair RM750, fully modular, 0 RPM mode.
FOr CPU cooler just check out NZXT X60..

And yeah Seagatte 1T baracudda is better than Wd Blue..in terms of performance vs money ratio.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
Then go for Corsair RM750, fully modular, 0 RPM mode.
FOr CPU cooler just check out NZXT X60..

And yeah Seagatte 1T baracudda is better than Wd Blue..in terms of performance vs money ratio.

blue is mostly suggested here because of the exceptional service provided by wd. seagate rma is a nightmare for many.

OP
P

petergriffin

I Am A Potato Enthusiast
I want to do a little correction on it.
Motherboard : Asus Sabertooth Mark1 (5 yrs warranty)
PU : i7 4790k :20890
CPU cooler : Corsair H80
hard disk : 1TB WD Black Caviour or Seagatte 1TB Baracudda( Don't go with Blue..if price is the issue.then buy seagatte)
GPU : Evga Gtx 970 superclocked-21900--( Pm me to get at this price.)
Case :h440 nzxt :78959 (From where are you getting this, NZXT products aren't available in Nehru Place??)
PSU :Corsair VS 650--3790
Ram[/B} :ADATA 4 GB (XPG 1866) V3-3090
Monitor[/B} : AOC i2369vm : 10900

as @rijinpk1 pointed out ,seasonic will be safer
and about the case ,i'm getting it from mass computers .They have the razer edition in stock(10k)which exceeds my budget,so i asked them to order the blue h440 for me (for which i had to pay some advance which is fine).
i doubt i'll be able to get a decent liquid cooler within my budget ,and i think 212 evo will be better than Corsair H80 (price and value ) as liquid coolers have alot of points of possible failure.
i'll get the black wd hdd if its priced around 5k . which seagate model? are seagate internal hdds better than wd? as i've had some bad experience with seagate external drives (but that may be a random case) .
the only thing i'm confused is the motherboard .@adityak469 ikm thats not the reason why i chose the z97 .My friend has this model and is really happy with the performance .
but still i'm open to other motherboard suggestions .
(i'm just looking for good service in delhi,decent features and better overclocking support )

thanks

Top Bottom