Need Help:Buying a Graphics Card

Skynaveen

★★★-DREADLORD-★★★
XFX ATI Radeon HD 5670 Price in India: Rs. 6,500/- Indian Rupee (INR) for 512MB model and 7,500/- for 1GB DDR5 version ( source: XFX ATI Radeon HD 5670 Price in India - XFX ATI Radeon 5670 DirectX11 Graphics Card Prices )

He asked for one around 3.5k

Thats why I suggested GT 220
And its not the ddr2 one, the ddr3 one

Cilus

laborare est orare
You checked in the wrong site buddy. From now on, check some online sites which actually sell product rather than listing the price. Here is the price of Sapphire HD 5670 512 MB GDDR5 from theitwares (it's 3.9k)
SAPPHIRE 100287VGAL Radeon HD 5670 (Redwood) 512MB 128-bit DDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card

mithun_mrg

Cyborg Agent
actually cilus allready posted

SAPPHIRE 100287VGAL Radeon HD 5670 (Redwood) 512MB 128-bit DDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card

Sapphire - HD 5670 GDDR5 [ 512MB RAM ] ― Lynx - The Audio , Electronics And Computer Online Shopping Store In India

OP
pkkumarcool

pkkumarcool

Game & anime Lover
Will a ddr5 graphic card work on my Intel D945GCR motherboard because some of my friends told me that there can be compatibility problems and i have to change my motherboard also! even people told me that ur ram also depends on graphic card you cannot use ddr2 ram with ddr5 graphic card.Is this true?

Cilus

laborare est orare
There is no relation between the supported Ram type of your motherboard and the Ram used in your Graphics card. And don't rely on "some of Your Friend's Knowledge" as one of them purchased a GT 220 as gaming card.

Better start reading the facts mentioned in the Thread *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/graphic-c...ormation-regarding-graphic-cards-newbies.html before being confused. It will clear all your doubts.

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Will a ddr5 graphic card work on my Intel D945GCR motherboard because some of my friends told me that there can be compatibility problems and i have to change my motherboard also! even people told me that ur ram also depends on graphic card you cannot use ddr2 ram with ddr5 graphic card.Is this true?
Hae you read this: www.thinkdigit.com/forum/graphic-cards/148812-basic-information-regarding-graphic-cards-newbies.html

Before posting anything in the forum, you should read the sticky threads. :)

HRSH

Right off the assembly line
I have an identical config to the one posted above by the OP. Given that I have a PS3 to handle gaming - the only use of a graphics card would be to enhance the movie viewing experience on my 22" monitor. Would a graphics card be of any use for this - or is overkill? Which range would you guys recommend? No gaming whatsoever, just movies etc.

Also, do I have to worry about my dual core 1.6 processor bottlenecking any GPU?

Top Bottom