Need Help:Buying a Graphics Card

pkkumarcool

Game & anime Lover
Hi friends,
I am a regular/casual gamer and don’t have time to play all day.I want a good graphics card under 3.5k.I have a desire to play battlefield 3 on my pc but since my tests are over and winter breaks are starting I have convinced my parents to buy graphic card as a Christmas present for me.So guys please help me to get the best deal. If u did I will always be very grateful to you.
My Pc Configuration:-

Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3 (2600.xpsp.080413-2111)

System Manufacturer: INTEL_
System Model: D945GCR_
BIOS: Default System BIOS
Processor: Genuine Intel(R) CPU dual core 2140 @ 1.60GHz (2 CPUs)
Memory: 2024MB RAM
Motherboard-: Intel(R) 82945G Express Chipset Family
Monitor-Samsung 17 inch 1024*768 resolution and refresh rate 60 htz
PSU-Tech com 460 watt

Tachyon1986

In the zone
Tenida's suggestions are nice , but don't expect to play BF3 on high settings. You get what you pay for with those cards.

roque

WAITING FOR ME3 MP BETA
i am not sure u can play BF3 with entry level cards...also u will need to upgrade ur OS..

Tenida

Gadget Freak
Or if you can increase your budget slightly then you can get MSI R6670 1GB DDR5 Twin Fan model @Rs.5k

TheLetterD

Will Power
Monitor-Samsung 17 inch 1024*768 resolution and refresh rate 60 htz
Umm yeah, and I guess You would need to change your monitor too. Is that a CRT?
Cuz if the Max. resolution is 1024*768... Then Im sorry to say this but a good gaming experience with that resolution is not possible. :(

OP
pkkumarcool

pkkumarcool

Game & anime Lover
My friend bought NVIDIA Geforce GT 210 1GB DDR2 40nm,
How is it? give some suggession guys....

Umm yeah, and I guess You would need to change your monitor too. Is that a CRT?
Cuz if the Max. resolution is 1024*768... Then Im sorry to say this but a good gaming experience with that resolution is not possible. :(

I would change that later my friend........

Cilus

laborare est orare
GT 210 is not considered as Graphics card if graphics card objective is game playing. It is good for watching HD movies, that's all.

Now for Gfx card, increase your budget by 500 bucks and get the Sapphire HD 5670 512 MB GDDR5 Graphics card @ 4.1K; end of discussion. At your budget you can't find anything higher than that. At 1024X768 it can play Battlefield 3 with mid setting. If you want a future proof solution then MSI HD 6670 1GB GDDR5 @ 5K or Sapphire HD 6750 @ 6K is the best choice. But you have to get a new PSU.
2ndly, for playing BF3, you need minimum DirectX 10 whereas XP does have only DX9. SO you have to upgrade your OS to Vista or Win 7.

OP
pkkumarcool

pkkumarcool

Game & anime Lover
Thanxx cilus i am very grateful to you.Now i have changed my OS to windows 7 and about card i dont want future proof as i will buy a laptop for gaming later.What i need is a good graphic card for gaming and u solved it
Going to buy Sapphire Radeon HD 5670 1GB confirmed.

Cilus

laborare est orare
Make sure it is the GDDR5 version. Don't be fooled by the 1GB DDR3 version. These lower middle end cards cannot use 1GB memory efficiently and 512MB is enough for them. But if you get the DDR3 version instead of the GDDR5 version, no matter how much GB, there will be significant performance drop due to the lesser memory bandwidth of DDR3 ram.

Normally the 5670 1GB GDDR5 versions are available around 4.7K range. So by just spending .3K extra you can pick up a Radeon HD 6670 1GB GDDR5 from Sapphire or MSI which is a more powerful card.

Check mdcomputers.in for the Gfx card pricing.

Skynaveen

★★★-DREADLORD-★★★
If you are OK with overclocking the best card is XFX GT 220.
it can be overclocked from 625mhz to 815 mhz and very stable:neutral:

Cilus

laborare est orare

LOL :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

GT 220 is not considered a Graphics card IMO if game playing is the main objective of a Graphics card.

guru_urug

iGoogle

@Skynaveen : Saw your thread in the overclocking sub section of TDF. Please put up some benchmarks to show why you think its the best card in that budget. While I think its great that you could overclock it, I dont think you should blindly recommend a card just cause you have it, without checking the performance of the already recommended card(HD 5670) :)
The HD 5670 is MUCH better...No matter how much you overclock the GT220, not to forget the HD 5670 can be overclocked too. And you are suggesting xfx as a gpu brand??

Check this review/comparison and benchmarks
ATI Radeon HD 5670 Review > Test System Specs & 3Dmark Vantage - TechSpot Reviews

Last edited:
Top Bottom