Need Help buying a CPU Please Help

nishantve1

Broken In
I am planning to buy Intel Pentium 4 3.0 ghz CPU 478 pin 512/800 CPU . Is it a good CPU . I will use it to run Adobe Applications and also I want the windows aero look will it help me . I own a ASUS P5PEVM motherboard is this CPU compatible with it ?
Thanks in advance
I am also considering buying 2.4GHz CPU please help me guys I have to order it really soon is the CPU compatible with ASUS P5PEVM ?
will it make difference if I buy a 2.4GHz Instead of a 3.0GHz

Last edited:

SlashDK

MV VIP to the MAX
That processors very outdated. Don't take it even for free. I can assure you that windows 7 and adobe applications will NOT work or even install on that processor. It's better to throw away your current motherboard and CPU. Please tell us your budget so we can suggest you something modern.

mitraark

Decrepit
I own a Pentium 4 3.0 GHz 775 Pin [ newer ] Processor and take it from me that will NOT Run Windows 7 !!! Do not get fooled by speed , a 1.6 GHz Laptop i3 processor can perform better . Specify budget please and we'll help .

OP
N

nishantve1

Broken In
Thank you for looking into this guys . I really appreciate your help I searched and looked through many stuff and now I am up with this I have chosen

AMD Athlon II X2 250 3.0GHz Dual Core AM3 CPU Processor
AMD Athlon II X2 250 3.0GHz Dual Core AM3 CPU Processor | eBay
and
ASUS M4A78LT-M-LE - AMD760G - DDR3 Motherboard For AMD
ASUS M4A78LT-M-LE - AMD760G - DDR3 Motherboard For AMD | eBay

Thanks in advance

These both cost me around 6240 INR My budget you see is limited so I guess I can pay till INR6500

jsjs

Journeyman
Dont buy from ebay it will be costly, u can save some bucks buy ordering from some indian seller like primeabgb or smcinternational

Top Bottom