Need graphics card {Buying 1st time :D}

noob

Cyborg Agent
I need a GPU within 8-10K max which would fit in my cabinet and requires no PSU upgrade. Also, the heat dissipation should be as low as possible. Not going to overclock anything here.

I will be playing modern games released lately and games in future (not that all games should run in 1080p..i am ok with bit lower resolution too).
Below is my config.

CPU: Core-i5 2400
MOBO: Intel DH67BL
RAM: G.Skill 8GB DDR3 1333Mhz
Cabinet: CM 430
PSU: Corsair VX550 PSU
Monitor: BENQ V2410 eco LED Monitor

From another thread, I have seen people recommending Asus HD7770. How good is this one ? Will it work with my config ? Anything better than this for 10K ? I am ok with buying online.

EDIT: GeForce GTX 650 looks good to me..what do you guys think ?

Last edited:

Cilus

laborare est orare
At your budget, GTX 650 Ti is the best option for now. Zotac GTX 650 Ti 1 GB GDDR5 is around 10.5K and don't confuse it with GTX 650 (the Link you have given). GTX 650 is just a overclocked GT 640 and performs similarly to HD 7750. GTX 650 Ti is a different and better performing gaming card altogether.

OP
N

noob

Cyborg Agent
Which exact brand i should go for ? ZOTAC or ASUS version of this card ?
Is this the card you guys talking about ?

Will it fit in my cabinet ?

Asus GTX650TI-1GD5 Graphic Card

Last edited:
OP
N

noob

Cyborg Agent
It has 1 x Mini HDMI Output and my mobo has proper HDMI Output ..can i use same existing cable which i use to connect monitor to mobo ?

rakesh_ic

Cyborg Agent
It has 1 x Mini HDMI Output and my mobo has proper HDMI Output ..can i use same existing cable which i use to connect monitor to mobo ?

Yes you can. All you have to do is install the GPU and connect your monitor to the GPU output instead of the mobo output (Ofcourse you that.. but I am reiterating incase you forget to do so).

OP
N

noob

Cyborg Agent
Thanks. Purchasing same from flipkart.

I hope there is no need for PSU upgrade. please confirm :)

OP
N

noob

Cyborg Agent
Need ASAP help here
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/graphic-cards/171847-help-me-install-gtx-650-ti.html#post1867247

Top Bottom