Need Gaming PC Within 60 Thousand Rupees

achintyaonline

Right off the assembly line
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')

Ans: Programing(Databases, WebServers, Eclipse) , VmWare, Virtual Machines and playing gta 5 at 1080p high settings. Also, run other games like arkham knight, fifa 15, etc.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.

Ans: 60 thousand.. Can extend up to 5 Thousand

3. Planning to overclock?

Ans:No

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?

Ans: Windows 7,10 and Linux Fedora 17(In Vm)

5. How much hard drive space is needed?

Ans: 1 TB, SSD if possible

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.

Ans:Yes, Need to buy a monitor.

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?

Ans: Mouse,Key Board, DVD Drive

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: By Next 3 weeks

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: By Myself

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?

Ans: Kolkata. Online offline both possible.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: No. Thanks in advance

Last edited:

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Budget - 64k (Modified)

ProcessorIntel Xeon E3 1231 v316,000
MotherboardGigabyte B85M-D3H-A6,000
MemoryKingston HyperX Fury 8GB 1600MHz3,300
Graphics CardAsus Strix GTX 960 2GB15,500
Power SupplyAntec VP500PC3,300
CabinetCorsair SPEC-013,500
Internal StorageWD Caviar Blue 1TB HDD3,600
MonitorDell S2216H 22" LED IPS8,300
SSDSamsung 850 EVO 120GB4,500
Total64,000

OP
A

achintyaonline

[MENTION=105611]bssunilreddy[/MENTION]
Thanks for your reply. I have below queries
1. Any specific reason for Xeon E3 1231 v3? Will i5 4440 do the work?
2. Is 500W PSU sufficient for this rig or 550w would be better?

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
@bssunilreddy
Thanks for your reply. I have below queries
1. Any specific reason for Xeon E3 1231 v3? Will i5 4440 do the work?
2. Is 500W PSU sufficient for this rig or 550w would be better?

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')

Ans: Programing(Databases, WebServers, Eclipse) , VmWare, Virtual Machines and playing gta 5 at 1080p high settings. Also, run other games like arkham knight, fifa 15, etc.

1.Since you are using Databases, VMWare, Virtual Machines Xeon E3 1231 v3 is equivalent to i7 4770 at a lesser price so can handle more threads.
2.500W PSU is more than sufficient for GTX960.OK.

OP
A

achintyaonline

1.Since you are using Databases, VMWare, Virtual Machines Xeon E3 1231 v3 is equivalent to i7 4770 at a lesser price so can handle more threads.
2.500W PSU is more than sufficient for GTX960.OK.

Actually due to some financial constraint I have planned to postpone the purchase of graphics card now. So can I go ahead with the suggested rig without graphics card and 6 months later buy a good graphics card?

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Actually due to some financial constraint I have planned to postpone the purchase of graphics card now. So can I go ahead with the suggested rig without graphics card and 6 months later buy a good graphics card?

Yes go ahead and buy it. There won't be any problem regarding Programming part.

DK_WD

WD Official
Hi [MENTION=261147]achintyaonline[/MENTION],

Overall, I like the bssunilreddy configuration. Just a suggestion, maybe you could add 2 sticks of 4GB RAM (DDR3-1866). if you run 2 RAM sticks, you will be running memory in dual channel which will be a greater gain in performance than running a single stick in single channel.

I also noticed that you choose only HDD for storage. I'd suggest you to add the SSD in your build. The SSD mostly used as the OS/boot drive or storage drive. It all depends on your pick and budget. I agree that the SSD is costly, however, they are worth for every penny.

I suggest the Sandisk SSD PLUS 240GB 240G-G25)
. Its around Rs5000 . The write speed is quiet low at 380Mbps, but then, who needs write speed for gaming ?
Write speed is for CAD/CAM and audio video production work..
So basically you have:
Around 80GB for OS
Around 150GB for frequently played games like GTA V, MGS V and Steam Multiplayer games like CS:GO and DOTA2 :)

Sweeeeet

OP
A

achintyaonline

After considering various options I have thought of buying the following rig

Processor-- Intel I5 4440
Motherboard---- Gigabyte B85M-D3H-A/ Asus B85M-G(Whichever will be cheaper)
Memory---- Kingston HyperX Fury 8GB 1600MHz(Will add another 8 GB in next 6 months)
Graphics Card---- Will buy after 4-5 months
Power Supply---- Antec VP500PC
Cabinet-----Corsair SPEC-01
Internal Storage--WD Caviar Blue 1TB HDD
Monitor---- Dell S2216H 22" LED IPS(Can any one suggest me any cheaper 19-20 inch monitor good for gaming)
SSD ---Samsung 850 EVO 120GB

Please let me know if this is fine or any change is required.:cool:

Replace the Samsung 120GB ssd with Sandisk 240GB . Almost the same price. Seq Read speed is same, Write speed Samsung is faster(which wont matter much to you).

Having games installed in SSD is hella fun, specially for heavy RPGs like Oblivion

And dont go for Dell monitor. They have great color accuracy but very glossy display.
Go for Samsung , fast response, PLS IPS display, and matte display. They supply displays panels to Dell, but keep the best for themselves. Look for e390 or e300 series

OP
A

achintyaonline

Thanks to all of you for your suggestion. I have bought almost everything for my new rig from MD Computer at chandni market kolkata. Prices are updated below:
I5 4460 -- 12600
B85M-D3H-A -- 5775
Corsair vengeance 4 GB 1600 MHz x 2- 3466
Cabinet Antec GX505 Window- 3465
PSU Antec VP 500PC- 2992
Monitor Dell S2216H- 9240

Now comes the problem part. WD Blue HDD has two variants, one of 7200 rpm and another with 5400 rpm. I was unable to find the 7200 rpm one(Model no WD10EZEX) in any offline shops at chandni kolkata. In online stores it is costing a bit high. Can I go ahead with the Seagate Barracuda 1 TB model???

Another query. I really dont have budget to afford a UPS now. Can anyone suggest me a good Surge protector for this rig.

Last edited:

DK_WD

WD Official
Hi [MENTION=261147]achintyaonline[/MENTION],

The choice of HDD it's all depend on your choice and your budget. In terms of reliability, WD drives are good and have; the less failure rate.

As per your need, I suggest you to go with the WD Black or WD Blue. The WD Blue and WD Black drive used for normal computing like Gaming, Performance, Storage and etc.

The following colors describe the specifications for WD HDD.

WD Blue = Solid performance

Support Answers

WD Black = Speed/high end use, extended warranty

Support Answers

As a WD Official, if I recommend an online store, it could be misinterpreted as me promoting that store, which could get me into legal trouble. I hope you understand. What you could try to do is to search some of the most famous stores in the region.

For UPS, you can go with any Local brand; based on your budget.

Hope it helps.

Top Bottom