Need Config Upgrade Advice

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Hi, guys

my good mobo has gone kaput so want to buy new motherboard & cpu

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: Well I had Core-i5 750 so will want a similar config which is better than this.I do play games and do cpu intensive tasks sometimes so overall I rely on fast performance

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: 10~12k

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: No

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Window 8

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: NA

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: I already have the following:
a) NZXT Gamma
b) Corsair 4GB DDR3 RAM
c) WD 500GB HDD
d) Corsair RM450 PSU
e) Sapphire HD6770 GPU
f) Acer 23" monitor

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: By this Month End (Sep)

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: I can buy locally & online also

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: Nothing

Note: I can go for AMD or Intel as per my budget. but please suggest the config which is better than my old CPU.

teknoklutz

Broken In
Since you said you could extend buy a bit
INTEL PROCESSOR CORE I5-4440 3.10 GHZ @Rs11,674
Gigabyte GA-B85M-D3H-5.5k ( this is a haswell board) or ASUS H97M-E Socket 1150 Motherboards Rs. 7,599.00

On the mobo other member can suggest you better. and if this is out of your budget I would suggest a AMD setup.
Processor AMD FX6300 7,000
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3P 5,800

Tech_Wiz

Wise Old Owl
FX 6300 - 7.5K
ASUS M5A97 Motherboard - 7 K
=14.5 K
Or you can get a cheaper Mobo like Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3 for 5.5K approx. = 13K

This configuration will perform slightly better than i5 750 in Multi threaded applications but slightly lower in gaming performance. I doubt that would be noticeable.

If you can afford a i5 4th Gen Config then nothing like it. Go for the above one.

virajkin

Journeyman
For Motherboard try to get Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 or Asus M5A78LM-USB3, both are available on Flipkart and Snapdeal

Tech_Wiz

Wise Old Owl
Nothing much separates the two. Buy one who's service center is near ;)

Btw Don't push for hardcore OC on any of this boards. They are essentially Low-Mid range boards and not for Heavy OC.

amjath

Human Spambot
Nothing much separates the two. Buy one who's service center is near ;)

Btw Don't push for hardcore OC on any of this boards. They are essentially Low-Mid range boards and not for Heavy OC.
I thought of mentioning that but he mentioned in op as not overclocking

Top Bottom