NEED CLARIFICATION- for R9 290X with AMD X6 Procy

Arnab

Scattered in Quantum
Hello,

One of my friend like to buy R9 290x .
He is having Procy-AMD Phenon X6 3.20 ghz .

Would like to know if He can Attach R9 290x without any hassel . as he might get Bottleneck .

He is having PSU- Cooler Master 850 watt Silent Pro.

No plan to Xfire

ankush28

Bazinga
Yes there will be bottleneck
Min. I think you should try to get in order to avoid bottleneck is FX 8320 or any i5-4xxx.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nothing to worry. Bottleneck might be there in some games like Starcraft II which like high IPC and high clock speeds, but still nothing to worry. Most games are not like that.

Phenom II X6 is still a decent processor. Equivalent to FX-8150 (first generation Bulldozer). Not to tell you that clock to clock and core to core Piledriver is only slightly better than Phenom II. Bulldozer was actually worse than Phenom II.

Nothing to worry. Bottleneck might be there in some games like Starcraft II which like high IPC and high clock speeds, but still nothing to worry. Most games are not like that.

Phenom II X6 is still a decent processor. Equivalent to FX-8150 (first generation Bulldozer). Not to tell you that clock to clock and core to core Piledriver is only slightly better than Phenom II. Bulldozer was actually worse than Phenom II.

I checked out CPU performance chart between i5 3470 and Phenom II X6 1055T at AnandTech and it shows large difference in gaming performance.

Top Bottom