Need> Camera centric Android phone below Rs20k

Need> Camera centric Android phone below Rs20k

Need an Android phone below Rs20,000 (or anything in that area) with the best picture quality,compared to near rivals.
Should be good screen anywhere between 4.5" to 5" inch but not beyond that (dont want phablet sized)
Any brand will do, Samsung or Shakuntala or whatever brand.
Dont have much idea about phones apart from branded ones so was looking for some unbranded ones with great camera quality. Friend will be purchasing it, this month (April) from online stores only.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey guys, is this trustworthy?
*www.ebay.in/itm/Brand-New-Original-Sealed-Sony-Xperia-SP-SmartPhone-/321361989906?pt=IN_Mobile_Phones
Say Manufacturer Warranty.. Xperia SP for Rs15,000 Brand New

rish1

Cyborg Agent
for camera .. around 20k

galaxy grand 2 is your only option..

apart from that you will be disappointed with other models..

no sony cameras aren't good under 20k so avoid SP

arsenalfan001

Arsenal Fan
Re: Need> Camera centric Android phone below Rs20k

Hey guys, is this trustworthy?
Brand NEW Original Sealed Sony Xperia SP Smartphone | eBay
Say Manufacturer Warranty.. Xperia SP for Rs15,000 Brand New

This seller has 2 neutral feedback and 14 -ve in last month alone. So, 84% +ve review for the last month alone. I would not take a chance.

kunalgujarathi

Cyborg Agent
for camera .. around 20k

galaxy grand 2 is your only option..

apart from that you will be disappointed with other models..

no sony cameras aren't good under 20k so avoid SP

Yep buy that crap to waste your hard earned money!
If you are okay with Lumia go with 925!

Otherwise you have many good options from Sony,etc!
Wait few days till prices of Sony,S4 comes down!

rish1

Cyborg Agent
Yep buy that crap to waste your hard earned money!
If you are okay with Lumia go with 925!

Otherwise you have many good options from Sony,etc!
Wait few days till prices of Sony,S4 comes down!

his budget is 20k and not 30k not even 25k ... every person has different preferences and different uses , show me one review where galaxy grand 2 camera has been termed as "CRAP" . it might be a bad performer ,, has same old samsung design , but when it comes to camera it's certainly the best under 20k.

@OP xperia T2 ultra is next best if you are willing to increases budget

you will get higher MP cameras in Xolo,MMx but they cant compare to Grand 2 Camera quality wise.. rest you should go and check for yourself..

satinder

DELHIITE
Camera Quality is good of Xperia Sp.
Don't watch pic on Phone screen.
They look always good.

Click from Mobile and check them on pc.
Check on PC only.
Decide yourself.
My vote goes for Xperia SP in budget.

rish1

Cyborg Agent
if you don't care about warranty, then get LG Optimus G ~ 19-20k from ebay.

Global EasyBuy

i don't think its worth at that price .. that is too expensive.. 11-14k price was best for a phone that cannot be repaired in india unless you are ordering parts online from another country and then getting it assembled..

indian optimus g/nexus 4 can be had for 22-23k through deals and is not at all worth to spend 18-19k on imported phone..

besides these phones are going to see huge price cuts in 2 months

OP
mikael_schiffer

mikael_schiffer

Padawan

Ordered one for Rs 15,200. Brand New At&t version. Seller is 98% rated

- - - Updated - - -

i don't think its worth at that price .. that is too expensive.. 11-14k price was best for a phone that cannot be repaired in india unless you are ordering parts online from another country and then getting it assembled..

indian optimus g/nexus 4 can be had for 22-23k through deals and is not at all worth to spend 18-19k on imported phone..

besides these phones are going to see huge price cuts in 2 months
I think it can be repaired in India, there are many people with Optimus G . i dont think the repairman will have a big issue with the At&T version. SD card slot and Camera pixels are the only difference .

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Congrats!! :D

leaving the camera part, AT&T version is better one than the Indian version of LGOG because it has 4g-lte and micro sd card slot.

and the replacement parts can be bought from ebay/amazon. also, it will get Kitkat update Kitkat update for Optimus G confirmed for next month - xda-developers

PS: I got the phone @ Rs 13.7k, totally beast of a phone.

Last edited:

rish1

Cyborg Agent

Ordered one for Rs 15,200. Brand New At&t version. Seller is 98% rated

- - - Updated - - -

I think it can be repaired in India, there are many people with Optimus G . i dont think the repairman will have a big issue with the At&T version. SD card slot and Camera pixels are the only difference .

Congrats !! that's a good price..

Nope it cannot be done.. a guy got his optimus G broken he took it to Lg service center ( ready to pay ) they refused they didn't have the parts and even the local repairmen refused, then he had to order the parts online through ebay and get it assembled here..

leaving the camera part, AT&T version is better one than the Indian version of LGOG because it has 4g-lte and micro sd card slot.

Micro Sd slot is great but 4g is useless it won't work in India ... india does not utilize FDD LTE 700/1700/2100..

india uses 2300/1800 MHZ band

i agree total beast at that price.. :D i let it slip away at 11k though.. didn't had cash :(

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!

Micro Sd slot is great but 4g is useless it won't work in India ... india does not utilize FDD LTE 700/1700/2100..

india uses 2300/1800 MHZ band

i agree total beast at that price.. :D i let it slip away at 11k though.. didn't had cash :(

I didn't meant anything in Indian context. New phones in 23k range don't have 4g/ TD-LTE, which they should have. Even the Nexus 4 which was based on the Optimus G lacks LTE.

PS: India can't have FDD LTE in near 4-6 years because of greedy operators/government. :evil:

rish1

Cyborg Agent

I didn't meant anything in Indian context. New phones in 23k range don't have 4g/ TD-LTE, which they should have. Even the Nexus 4 which was based on the Optimus G lacks LTE.

PS: India can't have FDD LTE in near 4-6 years because of greedy operators/government. :evil:

4g is coming up very soon.. by september , october all phones launching from 10,000 rs to 30,000 will have 4g LTE.. as Snapdragon 410 and new mediatek processors have Multi mode 4g enabled in them so in the same chip we can have tdd and fdd - LTE on both..

Next version of Moto G will have 4g that will work in india..
but the main question is of Network and Plans and pricing which will be out of reach for majority of people.. even if people buy their packs the after cap speed of them is so pathetic.. 64 kbps only .. that means downloading speed is 8 kbps

the last hope is if Relaince jio can come up with decent plans..

Top Bottom