Need Bluetooth Dongle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
Hi,

I would like to buy a USB 2.0 Bluetooth dongle having a good range. I would be using it to browse the Internet on computer & share files from my Nokia 5700. It should work hasslefree in Linux and windows(It will).
I would be spending not more than Rs.300 on it.

Kindly suggest one.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
jsut buy any bluetooth dongle, it should work as bluesoleil is available for Windows & Linux

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
they should. Most of the ones are bluetooth 2.0 based now. if you want a name brand then look either for Belkin or D-Link as they are certified Bluetooth 2.0 based

krates

Be CoOl rAp RuLeZ !!!
well i just wanted to say that buy the bluesoil one if you plan to use it win xp sp2

not the widcomm ones

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
^The one I brought(told u on IM) does not support it seems. I am not sure whether it is a hardware limitation or what. The max. speed it connects is 1 mbps.

I remember reading somewhere that with EDR, it could support upto 3 mbps.

OP
Cool G5

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
My phone supports 2.0 EDR so I it's better to get the new one. The problem here is these dongles sell so cheaply that one cannot trust their specs. Even if the box mentions BT 2.0, we can't be sure about it.

OP
Cool G5

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
I purchased an Zippy's Bluetooth Dongle for Rs.200, it supports BT 2.0 EDR :D

But Now I am having problems getting it work in XP SP2? How to do it? I tried clicking on the Dial-Up Networking in the main window but it didn't launched anything.

Also it would be good if I can connect it in my Fedora 10. Please help me.

IronManForever

IronMan; Ready to Roll...
My XP installation needed no drivers for the dongle I have. I could use internet from my WiMo w/o problems or any installation.

krates

Be CoOl rAp RuLeZ !!!
LOL i told you not to buy the WIDCOMM one ROFL my bluetooth dongle is eating dust because of that hahaha

now return it back and get a bluesoil one :D

OP
Cool G5

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
LOL i told you not to buy the WIDCOMM one ROFL my bluetooth dongle is eating dust because of that hahaha

now return it back and get a bluesoil one :D

Arrey it's a bluesoleil only not WIDCOMM or bluesoil :p

@Pathik - I have installed bluesoleil drivers.

I downloaded the latest bluesoleil drivers now it's working fine but after 2MB of data transfer, the connection is ended due to trial version of drivers.

Last edited:
OP
Cool G5

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
I am not able to connect to internet via BT Dongle in XP SP2.
Whenever I dialup the connection, it says "PPP link terminated"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom