Need Audiophile/Gaming Headphone under 3K

MyGeekTips

script-kiddie geek
Hey friends i'm buying Asus Xonar DG so i will need a good gaming/audiophile headset. Primary Usage will be gaming, gaming, gaming.

Here are the options suggested by my audiophile friend:

1. HD201 - The HD201 don't work best with onboard soundcards
2. HD202 - The HD202 is not so comfortable for long hours
3. Sony MDR-XD200 - The Sony MDR-XD200 are pretty fun sounding headphones with good thumpy bass , good comfort as well.
4. The M20 and T200 from Audio-Technica are both VFM headphones.

He tells me:
if you want lots of bass ,I would suggest Sony .More close to balanced/ neutral sound then Audio Technica T200 and M20 for a bit relaxed and darker sound signature .

Another Options:

Philips SHP2700
Sony XB300 @ 2.2K
Superlux HD668B
JVC HA-RX7000
Ozone's Attack Snow Ltd Edition
siberia V1 @ 2.7K (looking solid at that price)

Awaiting For Replies. Plz Help me. :)

Last edited:

gameranand

Living to Play
If you can expand your budget then get Roccat kave because this headphone will do justice to your soundcard.

OP
MyGeekTips

MyGeekTips

script-kiddie geek
If you can expand your budget then get Roccat kave because this headphone will do justice to your soundcard.

I didn't bought the soundcard. I have 4.5K including soundcard & headphone so wouldn't able to get Roccat Kave. Which is better from my above list ?

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
You cant get audiophile grade below 5k afaik. If signature aint a problem get the Grado sr60i for about that price. it should work fine on your mobo's onboard.

OP
MyGeekTips

MyGeekTips

script-kiddie geek
You cant get audiophile grade below 5k afaik. If signature aint a problem get the Grado sr60i for about that price. it should work fine on your mobo's onboard.

Would gaming be fine on audiophile headphones ? I don't need audiophile my primary purpose is gaming.

Tenida

Gadget Freak
Roccat Kulo Stereo@4.2K from flipkart
You don't need a sound card for this.Sound is outstanding even with Realtek onboard sound card.
Reviews-
Link 1
Link 2
Link 3
Link 4
Link 5

But if you can extend the budget by 1k then get Roccat Kave 5.1 eyes closed as suggested by gameranand.I am also getting Kave on December :))

OP
MyGeekTips

MyGeekTips

script-kiddie geek
Roccat Kulo Stereo@4.2K from flipkart
You don't need a sound card for this.Sound is outstanding even with Realtek onboard sound card.
Reviews-
Link 1
Link 2
Link 3
Link 4
Link 5

But if you can extend the budget by 1k then get Roccat Kave 5.1 eyes closed as suggested by gameranand.I am also getting Kave on December :))

Thanks I read all review it's a good headphone but it's nowhere the level of Kave. Kave without Soundcard would perform good as it's 5.1 ?

Here What's I Found:

My Kave is powered by Creative XtremeGamer card. I tried the headset with the onboard audio (Realtek 889A) but it was weak as you explain yourself.
After I plugged into the sound card, the headset came to life... :D

Soundcard for Roccat Kave Headset? - Sound-Cards - CPU-Components

Here What's I Found:

My Kave is powered by Creative XtremeGamer card. I tried the headset with the onboard audio (Realtek 889A) but it was weak as you explain yourself.
After I plugged into the sound card, the headset came to life... :D

Soundcard for Roccat Kave Headset? - Sound-Cards - CPU-Components

sukant

Fragholic
What you are referring above is true with all headsets , their performance on onboard will be weaker than with a dedicated sound card , the difference will be very noticeable if impedance of the headphone is high else the difference will be minute.

But i believe it wil be better if you get a sound card whenver possible till then dont ponder about it much :)

Top Bottom