Need Apple supported unlocked iphone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Go to France. According to French laws, mobile phone manufacturers must sell phones unlocked (along with locked phones if they want). As apple has found deal with Orange to sell locked iphones, all are waiting now for Apple to announce the price of unlocked iphone in france.

alsiladka

Noobie Pro
LOL, france is gonna see a rise in exports of atleast one product now ;)
This shall be cool!! This may make apple think about some strategy, possibly release expensive unlocked iPhones worldwide!

But i think unlocking would make iPhone harmful! Its such a delicate darling, they could not risk 3rd party applications in its early childhood, they could not leave it in the wild to the dangerous networks other than the friendly AT&T!!

OP
desiibond

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
I am thinking, based on steve jobs evil thoughts, he might price unlocked iphone at such a value that people will not even look at it.

eg: locked iphone: $399
Unlocked iphone : $599

This way, though there are unlocked iphones, nobody's gonna buy them :)

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Oh, what do you know!

Charges for opting out of yearly contracts are huge so I'm sure people would be more than willing to pay $200 at once instead of leaving their existing contracts and switching to a new one with Orange. That is, of course, assuming that they do charge $599. IMHO, however, they might even charge more than that.

OP
desiibond

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
I think the $200 difference is enough to scare people away from unlocked iphone and grab a new orange contract.

But IMHO, europeans are better in money management when compared to that of Americans and hence, we may see only a tiny number of people breaking their existing contracts with non-orange network providers.

all-in-all, iphone may not enjoy success it enjoyed in it's motherland.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom