need Antivirus s/w for Win 2003 server

Status
Not open for further replies.

anilvc

Right off the assembly line
In office I have a PC with Win 2003 server( at present isolated). P4 3GHz+512MB
the system is infected with an unknown virus, which converts all .doc and .xls files to the size of 1 KB.
plz suggest an antivirus software which will run on this OS.

Also at my home I have winxp professional+SP2 on Athlon Xp 1800+1GB machine.
Suddenly, a couple of days ago, the firewall got disabled. whenever I click on the Windows Firewall icon in ctrl panel, it says "Due to an unidentified prblem Windows firewall can not be started". It is not even accessible from security center.

There has't been ne data Xfer between two PCs.

plz suggest..

aneesh kalra

Mclaren F1 Long tail
your problem can be resolved if you disable unwanted startup programs except system tray by running msconfig and subsequently turning off system restore.Then if the problem is still not resolved run avg or kapersky in safe mode.

P

priyadarshi

anilvc said:
In office I have a PC with Win 2003 server( at present isolated). P4 3GHz+512MB
the system is infected with an unknown virus, which converts all .doc and .xls files to the size of 1 KB.
plz suggest..
what u did to recover those files? i faced the same problem last year in feb.it was infected with kama sutra worm. i paid rs.800/- to the data recovery company but i got only 75% of the data retrieved successfully. i'd like to know the permanent solution for this.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
Well I havent tried Kaspersky products to Server 2003 so cant comment on that...

But our server came with Symantec CE 10.1... its a powerfull AVS for sure... but no Spyware / Malware protection...

:)

ECE0105

In the zone
Tech Geek said:
Free-->AVG antivirus
Paid-->Kaspersky

I tried installing AVG on Win 2003 Server, but it says that it is not valid for the OS Version and closes....

Any help on wat can be done???

P

priyadarshi

ECE0105 said:
I tried installing AVG on Win 2003 Server, but it says that it is not valid for the OS Version and closes....

Any help on wat can be done???

You need network edition of AVG for your 2003 Server (AVG Internet Security Network Edition)

*www5.grisoft.com/doc/1211/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom