Need ANDROID MOB FOR 10 - 15K

ripper

Broken In
1. Budget? 10-15K (can add 1K) (will upgrade to I Phone 6 once its out)
2. Display size? 5 inch
3. Preferred choice of brand? VFM, MMX, Xolo or Karbonn et all
4. Camera option? Front 2 - 5 MP and Back 8 - 12MP+ P
5. OS? (ONLY Android 4+).
6. Preferred connectivity options - 3G + Wifi + GPS + Dual Sim (active+active)
7. Primary use of handset? Calling, Internet, FB, more apps and few games
8. Battery - 2500 Mah+
9. Processor - 1Ghz+ Quad Core
10.RAM 1 GB+
11.Internal storage - 8 GB
12.Any other info that you want to share - No nokia or Samsung needed. I m going to go for Indian made chinese brands and my life expectancy for mobiles is 2 years. Please provide suggestions for Indian made chinese brand TABs with calling facility also.

ankush28

Bazinga
Wait for 1-1.5 week Moto G Dual is about to launch ( here are My thoughts on moto G )
Why you want to try desi brands???
You dont need to worry about Indian economy :p
Desi phones will give you tons of problems, forget about 2 Year lifespan -_-

Last edited:
Check these:
*www.flipkart.com/mobile/compare?ids=MOBDQG8FPKFHN73V,MOBDQ2U6YPCEGDRK,MOBDNGPHHS284QN4,MOBDPXKECHAAHXGP

Huawei is better company than others.
After trying Android, i don't think you would like iOS.

Life expectancy of these Indian phones depends on how you use them & your luck. My uncle's Canvas 2 is working fine for about a year now (from Jan'13)

RohanM

Cyborg Agent
Wait for 1-1.5 week Moto G Dual is about to launch ( here are My thoughts on moto G )
Why you want to try desi brands???
You dont need to worry about Indian economy :p
Desi phones will give you tons of problems, forget about 2 Year lifespan -_-

Not true.. My friends are using MMX A116 & A110.. None of them having any issues till now.

OP
R

ripper

Broken In
The only draw back from Moto G is NO SD card available, and camera specs is very low. I was expecting atleast 8 MP at rear and 2 or 3.2 at front. How about Sony in this Range..

ankush28

Bazinga
The only draw back from Moto G is NO SD card available, and camera specs is very low. I was expecting atleast 8 MP at rear and 2 or 3.2 at front. How about Sony in this Range..
>You can use USB OTG
>camera performence is improved after 4.4.2 update
>Sony Xperia L

Puneet247

Broken In
I was expecting atleast 8 MP at rear and 2 or 3.2 at front. How about Sony in this Range..

MP count doesnt matter its the sensor and the aperture of camera that matters front. From various pictures uploaded taken by moto g i can say that they are comparable to 8 MP of these chinese rebranded phones....

debugger

Broken In
as of now in Rs.10K to Rs.15/16K range Sony is offering good phones.
Samsung has low spec hardware which won't last for future upgrades.
Even the bigger brother Samsung Grand can't handle the official 4.2.2 upgrade from Samsung due to Broadcom chipset.

Get the Xperia L if you want to buy now.
It has Qualcomm Krait chip set and since Sony has released its sources, you will likely to get the future updates either Officially or UNOFFICIALLY(For Sure).."Cynogenmod release is also on its way based on Android 4.3 and 4.4"...:)..
Also you can add SD card anytime and since rooting allows USB OTG support you can also connect your Flash Drives..so plenty of offering in decent package.

Last edited:

comrade

foreign return(0)
Wammy Passion Z+ is now loaded with factory installed kitkat 4.4, only dual sim phone now to ship with latest android version. Amazing 5" FHD OGS dragon train display should keep you entertained for an year atleast.

sushovan

In the zone
^^ I have seen many such Kitkats :p nothing but all the cosmetic changes and build.prop tweaks. The screenshot WickedLeak Posted has the kernel date of September :wink: The fact is the world is yet to see a Mediatek phone with 4.4 (heck, even 4.3 isnt there) , there is not a chance in hell some stupid chinese rebrander will provide the update. ( take the case of Xolo and MMX who provided 4.2 updates of their phones only after original makers Allview and BLU released it). pfft

comrade

foreign return(0)
^^ I have seen many such Kitkats :p nothing but all the cosmetic changes and build.prop tweaks. The screenshot WickedLeak Posted has the kernel date of September :wink: The fact is the world is yet to see a Mediatek phone with 4.4 (heck, even 4.3 isnt there) , there is not a chance in hell some stupid chinese rebrander will provide the update. ( take the case of Xolo and MMX who provided 4.2 updates of their phones only after original makers Allview and BLU released it). pfft

Thanks for opening my eyes :). News posted on sites like ndtv made me to believe that the company has really released kitkat version for their phones. This is cheating then, should sue these companies. I also heard micromax planning to rollover updates for their flagship A1** series phones which could also be a scam then.
But I do believe we would get an update from developers, as market is now flooded with these MT chipsets, it is just that the time hasn't come yet.

Top Bottom