NEED AN EXPERT’S OPENION TO BUY A LAPTOP OF BUDGET Rs 1,00,000/-

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
V

v_joy

Journeyman
hey!! does ASUS have 17 inches laptops with configuration as that of ASUS G1S ??
if yes, then please tell me more about it

OP
V

v_joy

Journeyman
ooo.........yes!!!!
MACBOOK PRO is surer cool!!!
wow!
but is it available in india??
what is its price???
what r the types of categories of apple laptops.

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here
Asus G2p suits ur needs completely but xp hai & not santa rosa but still yaar very good lappy u shud go for it

*in.asus.com/products.aspx?l1=5&l2=74&l3=463&l4=0&model=1448&modelmenu=2

ASUS A7C 7S005C this also a good option

Last edited:

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
v_joy said:
ooo.........yes!!!!
MACBOOK PRO is surer cool!!!
wow!
but is it available in india??
what is its price???
what r the types of categories of apple laptops.

It is available in India, there are many place now Selling MAC Book Pro...

As far my knowledge, the old one (with 7xxx grfx card) used to be at Rs. 125000/- where as this new one is around 135000/-... Not sure, visit ur nearest store to get the info :D

*www.asia.apple.com/buy/locator/

and apple is good at one basic thing, they dont have too many catagories to confuse users, pretty simple, 17" MAC Book Pro means the best from their lot :D

:)

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Do you have some relative, preferably a student, in the United States?

If you do, you can think about the MacBook Pro.

Here is the...
*lh5.google.com/aayusharya/RrHXmB3PXnI/AAAAAAAAABQ/JlCwe3qglNo/MacBook%20Pro%20at%20a%20Glance.png​

This is the complete list of specifications:

Display: 17-inch (diagonal), 1680 by 1050 resolution, TFT widescreen (option between matte and glossy; upgradeable to 1920x1200)
Processor: 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Memory: 2GB (two SO-DIMMs) 667MHz DDR2 SDRAM (PC2-5300) (upgradeable to 4GB)
PCI Express Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 256MB of GDDR3 SDRAM and dual-link DVI
Hard disk drive: 160GB Serial ATA; 5400 rpm (upgradeable to 160GB 7200 rpm or 250GB 4200 rpm)
Slot-loading optical drive: 8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW)
Expansion: One FireWire 400, one FireWire 800, three USB 2.0 ports, and ExpressCard/34 slot
Video: Built-in iSight camera, DVI, VGA (DVI to VGA adapter included)
Audio: Combined optical digital input/audio line in, combined optical digital output/headphone out, stereo speakers, microphone
Ethernet: Built-in 10/100/1000BASE-T (Gigabit)
Wireless: Built-in AirPort Extreme (802.11n); built-in Bluetooth 2.0+EDR
Input: Apple Remote; full-size, illuminated keyboard with ambient light sensor; scrolling trackpad
Weight: 6.8 pounds (3.08 kg) with battery and optical drive installed
Footprint: 15.4 by 10.4 inches
Thickness: 1.0 inch
Hardware accessories: 85W MagSafe Power Adapter, AC wall plug, power cord, lithium-polymer battery

Indian price: Rs. 1,45,000
US price: Rs. 1,12,660
US price after student discount: Rs. 1,04,600 + free iPod Nano

As you can see, it is a mind blowing machine but the only way to fit it in your budget is to get it purchased from the US through a student.

Last edited:

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
Arya yaar, What about warrenty when buying from USA ?? will local apple store welcome me when i have any problem, if my apple hardware is from USA ??

OP
V

v_joy

Journeyman
can some1 please tell me the cost of apple's macbook pro in Delhi,??? (including all types of taxes & servise charges & shipping charges.)

somebody plz tell me the price of lastest santa rosa platform laptop from apple (macbook pro 17 INCHES particularly).
& what configuration r they giving in india????
plz help!

Last edited:

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Re: NEED AN EXPERT’S OPENION TO BUY A LAPTOP OF BUDGET Rs 1,00,000/-

Choto Cheeta said:
Arya yaar, What about warrenty when buying from USA ?? will local apple store welcome me when i have any problem, if my apple hardware is from USA ??

I bought a iPod from Apple store bangalore and the warranty is covered in any place in the world. I guess the same will apply for Mac Book also.

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Every single Apple product ships with one year of free phone support (on a toll free number), onsite support and global warranty. (Apple says the phone support is for ninety days only but that is a load of trash. You can call them anytime within the first year and they help you out in detail.)

In fact, even iPod power adapters have a global warranty. :D

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
v_joy said:
can some1 please tell me the cost of apple's macbook pro in Delhi,??? (including all types of taxes & servise charges & shipping charges.)

Should be over Rs 1 lakh. If you want to save money, customize a Dell Inspiron 1520, same config at less then Rs 1 lakh. You can install any OS on it.

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
laptops are not intended to run continuously as the desktop...i dont know if u can keep it on for lots and lots of time like your desktop !!!

OP
V

v_joy

Journeyman
hey gx_saurav, that dell 1520 is a 15 inch laptop, but i want only 17inch one.
so.....dell 1520 is not for me.

BTW aks_win, i wont be sticking to laptop all 24 hrs, and even if i hav to i'll on the desktop which i'm using now.

and Choto Cheeta, the configuration that they hav mentioned on apple india's website is old one (i.e one before apple switched to santa rosa platform)
7 they r charging a hell lot!!! but it could be possible that the site's not been updated..............

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
v_joy said:
hey gx_saurav, that dell 1520 is a 15 inch laptop, but i want only 17inch one.
so.....dell 1520 is not for me.
Did u tried looking at Dell 1720? Dell 1520 is hell of a deal for 15" laptop.

I just customised a Dell 1720 for you selecting the highest end parts available & comparing to MacBook Pro. It costs 93K with tax & shiping to lucknow. You can see yourself how cheap Dell is compared to Macbook Pro making it a better deal, unless you want to go specifically with Apple. here are the details for highest end config available with Dell 1720. Call them as this 93K price doesn't include the discounts that dell gives. Macbook Pro is an extortion of Apple.

*img399.imageshack.us/img399/2631/50080220az5.jpg

*img452.imageshack.us/img452/4841/29750253jn1.jpg

*img370.imageshack.us/img370/909/31470348qt6.jpg

the configuration that they hav mentioned on apple india's website is old one (i.e one before apple switched to santa rosa platform)
& they r charging a hell lot!!
Apple always charges a lot more then what they should. Rest is upto you to decide, even with original Office 2007, Dell will cost less then Macbook pro.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom