NEED AN EXPERT’S OPENION TO BUY A LAPTOP OF BUDGET Rs 1,00,000/-

Status
Not open for further replies.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
v_joy said:
so can u run games, messengers...etc in similar way??
i want to know that does " cross over" has some limitations??

You cannot use Yahoo, MSN messenger of Windows like this. There are mac specific versions available.

i also like to try new softwares ranging from system tweaking to anti viruses....etc.

arya, there is a range.

V_Joy, whats your primary requirment? Windows Vista or Mac OS X? If it is Windows then u better buy a Dell, if it is Mac OS X then buy a Macbook Pro. If you want to use legal Windows on Macbook Pro that means cost of MBP + Cost of Windows.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
ssk_the_gr8 said:
man all the threads get hijacked by arya & gx:D
so i'm out of here
Don't worry :D

arya said:
He deliberately chose the poorer processor (2.4GHz > 2.2GHz), smaller hard drive, poorer screen to lower the price and then says it offers more bang for the buck.
ahem....another mock config with everything ultra high & maximum possible available from Dell. Total cost = Rs 1.06 lakh, dell is still a better value

*img371.imageshack.us/img371/2882/80772754je2.jpg

*img399.imageshack.us/img399/5236/75775100mm5.jpg

*img353.imageshack.us/img353/932/58087675ay4.jpg

Here is something similar from Apple. $3000 :D.

*img357.imageshack.us/img357/615/macqo8.jpg
The dell should be about $2100. Since your budget is Rs 1 lakh, I don't think Macbook pro is an option. Rs 50k is not a low ammount of money.

The things u r gonna miss with Dell...

Additional 200 MHz of CPU power which won't make a big difference in real life usage unless encoding/rendering. However if you do want to spend Rs 50,000 on 200 MHz CPU increse then I won't stop U :)
Magsafe Adapter
White colour :D
Backlit keyboard - You can buy a USB based Keybaord light for Rs 600 in Lucknow.
Mac OS X - technically, you won't miss this. :p

Last edited:

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Oh...I forgot to add a Modem to Macbook Pro.

*img479.imageshack.us/img479/5439/untitledso4.jpg

$3100 with everything highest end included

hitman050

Journeyman
Ive tried both MacBook, and Dell laptops. IMO, there isn't really any quality difference. Both Dell and Apple make great quality laptops. Really, as Saurav said, it's your decision what operating system you want. I haven't used OS X enough to tell you that it's superior/inferior to Vista, but Vista is a really good OS.

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
right now.. in India.. the best 17" performance is by the Dell 1720... followed by the HP 17"... but the HP highends r awesome on screen quality & style.. like my HP 9311TX... but i lost on the DirectX10 card.. i've only a DirectX9 card...

So.. u've to choose between style & performance.. Also... u can check out ur HP lappie @ the store b4 buying... Dell.. u need to purchase it online only... wait for the parcel.. & if anything turns out to b below ur xpectations... cry away silently... HP & Macs u can try out.. firsthand... a definite advantage there... wonder why DELL doesn't sell in showrooms direct... lots of crowd waiting to jump onto their models if they pep up adverts & do something usual...

As far as Macs go.. it's only individual choice.. as u've to compromise on performance & software/games availability alongwith high costs in case of buying a MacBook.. if u still wanna go the Mac way.. go the MacBook Pro way...

And regd performance testing... I'll suggest u test performance by multitasking heavy-duty programs like video-conversion & gaming sorta applications.. that just running a song alongwith burning a cd... a lag might b in the interface.. but that can b tweaked... real-time applications matter.. for high-end users..

Take ur pick.. but choose wisely.. it's a big investment.

My choice was HP..... and I ain't regretting it....

Last edited:
OP
V

v_joy

Journeyman
but the 17 inch HP model dv9500 costs around 50,000/-, i know that this is a stripped down version, but there is'nt any customize option like on dell's site, so i really dont know what could be configured in it if possible.

please tell me wether HP laptops could be configured according to personel requirements????

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
of course... v_joy... check it out please... Customize

*dellstoreroa02.sg.dell.com/public/cart/updatetsg011_print.jsp?sr_no=1&validerr=SERVERY&uvst=05107769136522756

Check out this config.. for eg...

Last edited:

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
koolbluez said:
wonder why DELL doesn't sell in showrooms direct... lots of crowd waiting to jump onto their models if they pep up adverts & do something usual...

Dell has retail stores in all major cities now.
if u still wanna go the Mac way.. go the MacBook Pro way...

Look at his budget koolq, Macbook pro starts at Rs 1.4 lakh (Converted from $2799)

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Which calculator are you using anyway!

"2 799 U.S. dollars = 113 058.933 Indian rupees"

But yeah, the price of the 17-inch MacBook Pro in India is approximately Rs. 1,45,000. Not by direct conversion though.

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
gx_saurav said:
Dell has retail stores in all major cities now.
WHAT!!!!

I'm @ Bangalore... i searched for it.. i only got replies about going online for buying... from a DELL guy!!! He said samples will be @ his office... but i think non-office members aren't allowed.

OP
V

v_joy

Journeyman
hey koolbluez, i'm talking about HP not dell, i know we can customize dell...everyone knows that!!

hey ayush where on the site is customise link???
i'm talking about indian site (HP, U.S has customise option, not india's)

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
oops.. l8 m8... HP.. no way... & my lappie config isn't available now @ the site... some inferior model now... it'll soon b off the stores too in a month or so... decide soon... HP's the way to go... if i get the say...

Gaurav

In the zone
IBM R61, (choose model of your choice at their site)

steel hinges, hdd shock absorbers, spill proof keyboard and much more.
for sturdyness and rigid and longer life.

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Please! IBM! Even if looks aren't everything, they do account for something. Specially in a 1 lac notebook. Every single IBM notebook looks pathetic.

@v_joy,
I never bother with Indian websites. Simply choose the model from the U.S. website, note down the model number and configuration and order it at the store. If it is not available, they'll have it brought in for you.

Well, at least it happens this way with Apple. I'm not sure about HP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom