Need an android mobile with good camera; ~20K

Gauravchi

Journeyman
Hi,
Planning to buy a new cell phone with budget around 20,000. Can you guys suggest some..

Screen size: 4.3" - 5.0"
Preferred Brand: HTC, Motorola, Samsung
Dual Sim: Yes if I can
Key features required: Good camera (might be OIS), Good look and lag-free processing
Primary usages: Net Surfing, Camera, online movies and... all those basic stuffs.

I have seen reviews of HTC 820, seems it get heated, n m not sure about the screen size. MotoX is out of my budget...
Any options..??

OP
G

Gauravchi

Journeyman
Not sure about LG. Will not go for Opo. if 820 is good option then it's the way to go. Else I could reduce my budget for Moto G2 :p or else can stretch it to Moto X (if it's a great deal).

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
Desire 820 is totally worth it
so is OPO
Moto G2 is also great
depends totally on preference
just avoid xiaomi,samsung and unknown chinese brands ,youll be fine :)

OP
G

Gauravchi

Journeyman
yeah... avoiding all the Chinese brands (including all those so called Indian brands :x)..

OPO.. sorry, need to go with branded one only..
The only thing resisting me to go for 820 is.. it's size and rumour about the heating problem. Moto G2 seems great for the money... but not sure about the camera quality. My first priority is a great camera. Heard a lot about motoX. Should I consider it..

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
yeah... avoiding all the Chinese brands (including all those so called Indian brands :x)..

OPO.. sorry, need to go with branded one only..
The only thing resisting me to go for 820 is.. it's size and rumour about the heating problem. Moto G2 seems great for the money... but not sure about the camera quality. My first priority is a great camera. Heard a lot about motoX. Should I consider it..

Theres no heating issues of 820 that I know off
my best friend has one
Camera is better on 820
both phones are vfm and you wont miss out on anything as such

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Not sure about LG. Will not go for Opo. if 820 is good option then it's the way to go. Else I could reduce my budget for Moto G2 :p or else can stretch it to Moto X (if it's a great deal).

Nexus 4, 5 were based on LG's own Optimus G and G2 respectively and they were better flagships in comparison with samdung's S3 and S4. Even Oneplus One is way better.

ashs1

Padawan
If windows is not a problem, go for Lumia 730.
Lumia 730 probably has the best camera in the sub20k category.

OP
G

Gauravchi

Journeyman
Ohkk, here's something to share.
As of few reviews, camera on HTC820 isn't up to the mark, n' it's ~157" taller and thus putting it off the list as it's a matter of ~20k :p. Windows.. no, I don't want to (thanks for suggestion though). I am also considering Note 3 neo as it's under 150" taller and camera is decent.
Huhh... no much options for 15-20k bracket :(

ashs1

Padawan
Samsung S4 has a good screen/camera...
But it has touchwiz :-x You can root it and install a simple Stock ROM/CM afterwards..

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
A 9k Yureka has better camera than a 18k s4. I've compared them both side by side (friend's s4) and on laptop screen too. S4 gives somewhat oversaturated pics.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
Ohkk, here's something to share.
As of few reviews, camera on HTC820 isn't up to the mark, n' it's ~157" taller and thus putting it off the list as it's a matter of ~20k :p. Windows.. no, I don't want to (thanks for suggestion though). I am also considering Note 3 neo as it's under 150" taller and camera is decent.
Huhh... no much options for 15-20k bracket :(

dont get samsung trust me
D820>>>>>Samsungs offerings

- - - Updated - - -

A 9k Yureka has better camera than a 18k s4. I've compared them both side by side (friend's s4) and on laptop screen too. S4 gives somewhat oversaturated pics.

+10000 to this
samsung displays and cameras have unnatural colours and too oversaturated
Yureka has a Sony Exmor Sensor,much better than samsung

- - - Updated - - -

But it has touchwiz :-x You can root it and install a simple Stock ROM/CM afterwards..

No point
why buy it in the first place if proper CM phones- One Plus One and Yureka are there
Its like buying a 800 and putting a Ferrari Engine in it for the same price of a Ferrari :D

- - - Updated - - -

If windows is not a problem, go for Lumia 730.
Lumia 730 probably has the best camera in the sub20k category.

+100000 to this too
If photos and battery are a priority,nothing beats 730

the.one

In the zone
If u're fine with a compact smartphone, galaxy alpha seems worth a look too.
Saw it selling for close to 22-23k on snapdeal recently.

Mr.Kickass

In the zone
So, these are your options

1. LG G2
2. Oneplus One
3. Desire 820

Out of these, I think LG and HTC will offer better and wider coverage of service network (at least, for now) but avoid a Samdung at all costs. Unless you can win a Galaxy S6 for free.

Note on heating: I thought I should share this. I gathered a lot of info while researching for D820 and I can conclude that heating, is not exclusive to it. Now unless you game a lot, you won't cause it to heat simply by using the way you intend to...

Key features required: Good camera (might be OIS), Good look and lag-free processing
Primary usages: Net Surfing, Camera, online movies and... all those basic stuffs.

So go ahead, make up your mind. Only the Galaxy A7 out of the three (Yureka being the third) sharing the same config tends to keep temperatures within the 40 C mark (but I'm sure it is out of your budget, besides applying the 'No Samdung' Rule). Hope this helps.

Top Bottom