Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
I have been looking at this config:

MSI Z97 Gaming 3 Motherboard - Rs. 12199
G.Skill RipjawsX DDR3 4 GB x 2 - Rs. 6698
Intel i5 4690K Processor 3.5 GHz - Rs. 16445

Price on Flipkart is coming to Rs. 35342.

I am planning on pre ordering a GTX 970 from Mdcomputers.in as well. Will all of these go together well?

I have a Corsair TX650-M PSU.

PS: Planning on ordering next month after getting my salary. So, kindly reply urgently.

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Fill This - *www.digit.in/forum/pc-components-c...new-pc-help-answer-these-questions-first.html

*sigh* alright.

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: Games such as Wolfenstein: The New Order, Battlefield 4 or even Doom 4 when it comes.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: 50-60k +/- a few hundred rupees.

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: Not sure. But probably will in the future.

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Windows 7 for now, but will upgrade in the future.

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: Already have hard drives.

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: Not right now. Already have a 17'' LG Flatron 16:10 1440x900. Will probably upgrade in the future.

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: Already have the following: PSU Corsair TX650-M, Cabinet Corsair Carbide 300R, Hard Drives, Optical drive, Keyboard, Mouse, Monitor.

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: In 1-2 weeks.

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: Yes.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Pune, Maharashtra. Will look to buy locally if available and costs are cheaper.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: No.

Last edited:

sniperz1

Journeyman
If you are not sure of overclocking then probably you will never do it. But still if you do want an unlocked proccessor then I would suggest the same config except the mobo

ASUS Z97 A - @ 12000
G.Skill RipjawsX DDR3 4 GB x 2
Intel i5 4690K Processor 3.5 GHz
Zotac GTX 970

Asus Z97 A is SLI compatible so thats why it would be an added advantage incase you want to add another gtx 970 in near future to boost up the performance.

Zotac 970 reference is cheaper at primeabgb ~ 27.5 k, you may get it cheaper locally.

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
I could try to get in touch with Havok Nation and ask about availability of the GTX 970. PrimeABGB might charge for shipping.

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Got all the stuff as recommended here:

The stuff: Motherboard, CPU and RAM. The GPU would come later.

*i.imgur.com/P3U5Mqt.jpg

Unpacked:
*i.imgur.com/0FOrumi.jpg

Everything in place, my old GPU at the time:
*i.imgur.com/aThz608.jpg

New GPU pics here: *www.digit.in/forum/lifestyle/45694-post-your-latest-purchase-post2168542.html#post2168542

This is my cabinet BTW:

*i.imgur.com/WVsqkoQ.jpg

Top Bottom