Need advice to buy a 4G Android mobile for 15-20K!!

sameermanas

Starting to learn!!
Hi Geeks,

I am planning to buy an Android mobile for 15-20K. I have the following requirements.
1. 4G Dual SIM (LTE+LTE)
2. NFC
3. Fingerprint Scanner
4. Decent RAM and CPU specs
5. Capable to be Rooted (To get more performance)
6. If possible with online offers (I will buy online only)
7. Need at least a 8MP for rear and 5MP Front.

I have been through some mobiles on Flipkart and Amazon. I have read some reviews that the CPU's are not that good. I am not really that good at CPU, GPU and hardware specs. Please give me some suggestions.

Thanks in advance!

If you are fine with a non rooted phone forever, then get Lenovo Vibe X3 (i think it has more than enough power, SD808 is very powerful )

For dev support, Moto X Play (lacks fingerprint reader)

OP
sameermanas

sameermanas

Starting to learn!!
If you are fine with a non rooted phone forever, then get Lenovo Vibe X3 (i think it has more than enough power, SD808 is very powerful )

For dev support, Moto X Play (lacks fingerprint reader)
Hi Anupam,

Thanks for the pointer. Can you please tell me the difference b/w Lenovo Vibe X3 and Lenovo K4 Note. Lenovo Vibe is Octa Core?
The note looks cheaper for the almost identical specs but it is displayed as Octa Core here.
Also what about Nexus 5X or One Plus 2 mobiles?

I want the mobile to run pure android or better yet a rooted one so that it doesn't throttle performance.

Hi Anupam,

Thanks for the pointer. Can you please tell me the difference b/w Lenovo Vibe X3 and Lenovo K4 Note. Lenovo Vibe is Octa Core?
The note looks cheaper for the almost identical specs but it is displayed as Octa Core here.
Also what about Nexus 5X or One Plus 2 mobiles?

I want the mobile to run pure android or better yet a rooted one so that it doesn't throttle performance.
Throttle performance??
Throttling occurred in some SD810 phones...

If you just want great performance, then consider vibe x3 (nexus 5x has same chipset, but doesn't have dual sim, stereo speakers, sd card slot)

Oneplus 2 has underclocked SD810, but it is better in terms of performance than SD808

K4 has octa core but its performance is very less compared to SD808 phones. X3 is better than K4 in every respect

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

Nowadays people root the phones mainly for custom ROMs(android version upgrade), ad blocker & some other features... Performance is good enough for anything in modern phones, so no need to overclock the phone to increase performance... I've been using rooted phones for around 3 years. But for the past 6 months, my current phone is non rooted

Minion

Conversation Architect
I will suggest Meizu Mx5.
Meizu MX5 Price: Buy Meizu MX5 16GB Online in India on Snapdeal

16GB is low for today's standards...

If you are ok, then why buy MX5.... Better get nexus 5x

OP
sameermanas

sameermanas

Starting to learn!!
16GB is low for today's standards...

If you are ok, then why buy MX5.... Better get nexus 5x

If i had to choose between Vibe X3 and Nexus 5X for one sim only, then which one would you suggest in terms of performance?

Minion: I am aware of meizu leeco and other under established brands but i doubt if they have good after sales support and warranty.

kunalgujarathi

Cyborg Agent
If i had to choose between Vibe X3 and Nexus 5X for one sim only, then which one would you suggest in terms of performance?

Minion: I am aware of meizu leeco and other under established brands but i doubt if they have good after sales support and warranty.

If and only if 16 GB is enough for you and if you can carry a OTG flash drive.
Then definitely 5x.

Cannot comment on Lenovo product.

If you are ok with the size n weight of Lenovo, then I'll recommend it over 5x

If you are ok with the size n weight of Lenovo, then I'll recommend it over 5x because of higher internal storage (32GB) & better battery life... (also second sim or sd card, ir blaster can come in handy too)

Review
Lenovo Vibe X3 (A7010) quick review – a fearsome competitor in the high-end smartphone marke

OP
sameermanas

sameermanas

Starting to learn!!
Hi Anupam,

For some reason Amazon says the phone is not available anymore. Can you suggest any alternative device ? Any idea about ASUS Zenfone ?

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Hi Anupam,

For some reason Amazon says the phone is not available anymore. Can you suggest any alternative device ? Any idea about ASUS Zenfone ?

DO not go for ASUS Zenphone, its very fragile, and overheats like a frying pan.. Its display has below average sunlight legibility

You can wait for Redmi note 3 launching within this month if you want, but it will not have good dev support.. still it satisfies all of your requirements

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
DO not go for ASUS Zenphone, its very fragile, and overheats like a frying pan.. Its display has below average sunlight legibility

You can wait for Redmi note 3 launching within this month if you want, but it will not have good dev support.. still it satisfies all of your requirements

I am using Asus Zenfone 5 for the past 1.3 years and its very sturdy, does not heat at all and its display adjusts beautifully to the outside brightness. So Asus Zenfone 2 Laser @ 10k or Asus Zenfone Selfie @ 15k are more advanced mobiles than mine and you can estimate their Quality.

OP
sameermanas

sameermanas

Starting to learn!!
I am using Asus Zenfone 5 for the past 1.3 years and its very sturdy, does not heat at all and its display adjusts beautifully to the outside brightness. So Asus Zenfone 2 Laser @ 10k or Asus Zenfone Selfie @ 15k are more advanced mobiles than mine and you can estimate their Quality.

Guys, My requirements mainly are 4G, Fingerprint, NFC and a decent cam. Budget is 20k. Please suggest a good mobile. I was very much interested in Vibe X3 but it isn't available now. Please suggest a close competitor to it.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Guys, My requirements mainly are 4G, Fingerprint, NFC and a decent cam. Budget is 20k. Please suggest a good mobile. I was very much interested in Vibe X3 but it isn't available now. Please suggest a close competitor to it.

Lenovo K4 Note @ 12.5k

Link:Lenovo K4 Note: Lenovo Vibe K4 Note Specification, Features at Amazon.in

Top 10 trending phones of week 5 - GSMArena.com news

Last edited:

Nerevarine

Incarnate

Wait for Redmi note 3 then, satisfies all your requriements minus the NFC

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Photo Compare Tool - GSMArena.com

the older redmi note 3's performance is really crappy in low light but Redmi 3's performance is decent, the newer Redmi note 3 will have a 16mp sensor, so it should be even better, although there havent been any reviews for it yet

Top Bottom