Need Advice on Upgrading Processor and MB Mainly

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Finally all components arrived. The motherboard does not have screws present in the package... Can I use screws used to fix CDROM to fix the MB?

That's weird. They shouldn't be missing. Check once and contact the seller.

Mobos never come with screws except for m2 slots(& may be some mobo specific accessory). It is cabinet that comes with all the screws incl mounting screws.

OP
M

maverick121

Journeyman
Mobos never come with screws except for m2 slots(& may be some mobo specific accessory). It is cabinet that comes with all the screws incl mounting screws.
hmm.. okay... My case has some dust in it.. cleaned and blowed it with Vaccum.. Hope there is no need to get a new case. Its the K38 by CM.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
hmm.. okay... My case has some dust in it.. cleaned and blowed it with Vaccum.. Hope there is no need to get a new case. Its the K38 by CM.
I hope you took out everything out from inside the cabinet before using vacuum cleaner.
*www.howtogeek.com/57870/ask-how-to...rolling-multiple-computers-with-one-keyboard/

Screws comes in a pouch with every cabinet from a major manufacturer.

OP
M

maverick121

Journeyman
I hope you took out everything out from inside the cabinet before using vacuum cleaner.
*www.howtogeek.com/57870/ask-how-to...rolling-multiple-computers-with-one-keyboard/

The SMPS was there... I did not vaccum.. just blowed air using vaccum.

OP
M

maverick121

Journeyman

I mounted and booted.Everything seems okay.There is a small issue.. the motherboard kind of touches the PSU housing ie: there is very little gap between the bottom edge of the MB and the PSU housing..will that be an issue?

OP
M

maverick121

Journeyman
Post a pic but it should be fine.

I think I will sell it on OLX and get a new case.The front panel and back panel coverings are missing.

Please see the attached image to see the spacing issue.

Attachments

• rsz_20191226_122815.jpg
    rsz_20191226_122815.jpg
    478.4 KB · Views: 111

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
I mounted and booted.Everything seems okay.There is a small issue.. the motherboard kind of touches the PSU housing ie: there is very little gap between the bottom edge of the MB and the PSU housing..will that be an issue?
I think I will sell it on OLX and get a new case.The front panel and back panel coverings are missing.

Please see the attached image to see the spacing issue.
There is no need to worry about
Since your case is old it didnt come with a PSU shroud, normally an ATX Mobo nests with the PSU shroud. Its normal. Okay.

OP
M

maverick121

Journeyman
You should have this as Cabinet is a one time investment.
Link:*www.amazon.in/Antec-NX-800-Micro-ATX-Preinstalled/dp/B07YHCKQR6/ref=sr_1_13?crid=AAFCNM4N08XQ&keywords=antec+cabinet&qid=1577422598&s=electronics&sprefix=antec+cabinet,electronics,277&sr=1-13
Don't want to spend that much. I already got the case.

OP
M

maverick121

Journeyman
It is still not recommended in the long term,better get a new good cabinet as it is a one time investment for years.

My system keeps getting BSOD with Memory Issue.Tried running MemTest ... lots of errors popped up.

Called up Vedant Computers .. landline kept me on hold for 2 minutes ... as the person did not know english... I disconnected and called the other number... The person handed over the phone to someone, he asked something and disconnected the phone.
My advice is .. do not get anything from Vedant Computers. They dont care about customers.
I will have to approach Adata Directly.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
My system keeps getting BSOD with Memory Issue.Tried running MemTest ... lots of errors popped up.

Called up Vedant Computers .. landline kept me on hold for 2 minutes ... as the person did not know english... I disconnected and called the other number... The person handed over the phone to someone, he asked something and disconnected the phone.
My advice is .. do not get anything from Vedant Computers. They dont care about customers.
I will have to approach Adata Directly.
Strange,they are one of the major 4 online pc shops in India & people order regularly from them not just here but elsewhere too.Have you tried contacting via email(always use this first before calling as it is both a written proof as well as more chances of reaching to the right person.I doubt upper mgmt in vedant not knowing english) explaining your issue? Also the return period for items received in a bad condition from the start is usually 7 days.After that you will have to take/send it to service centre yourself just like anywhere else(amazon's return period is 10 days usually for pc parts so not much difference). In fact if there is a adata service centre nearby then I would suggest to skip vedantcomputers entirely as it adds extra time/courier cost.

OP
M

maverick121

Journeyman
Strange,they are one of the major 4 online pc shops in India & people order regularly from them not just here but elsewhere too.Have you tried contacting via email(always use this first before calling as it is both a written proof as well as more chances of reaching to the right person.I doubt upper mgmt in vedant not knowing english) explaining your issue? Also the return period for items received in a bad condition from the start is usually 7 days.After that you will have to take/send it to service centre yourself just like anywhere else(amazon's return period is 10 days usually for pc parts so not much difference). In fact if there is a adata service centre nearby then I would suggest to skip vedantcomputers entirely as it adds extra time/courier cost.

Anyways... this will be my last order from these idiots.

Will bad mobo slots cause this issue?
I have connected both 24 pin and 8 pin power connectors for your information..

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Chances of getting bad ram are much more than all 4 ram slots on mobo going bad. 24pin is for mobo & 8pin connector is for processor power supply,you have to connect them else system won't start.

OP
M

maverick121

Journeyman
Chances of getting bad ram are much more than all 4 ram slots on mobo going bad. 24pin is for mobo & 8pin connector is for processor power supply,you have to connect them else system won't start.

I mailed them and promptly got a call back from a person with good english knowlege.He apologised and asked me to send the RAM back to them.Once they receive it,they will send me a new one.I asked if i can get CorSair Instead of ADATA,he said sure.. So based on the final outcome ,i may change my view on Vedant Computers.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
I mailed them and promptly got a call back from a person with good english knowlege.He apologised and asked me to send the RAM back to them.Once they receive it,they will send me a new one.I asked if i can get CorSair Instead of ADATA,he said sure.. So based on the final outcome ,i may change my view on Vedant Computers.
Post the updates here,adata ram is usually good so it is just a case of bad luck.You can get corsair too if you want but try to get 3200MHz.

Top Bottom