Need Advice on Upgrading Processor and MB Mainly

maverick121

Journeyman
I need advice on buying a Processor,Mainboard,RAM and SSD as im upgrading my old machine. I'm more inclined to AMD Ryzen .. There are a lot of model numbers which is confusing ..

Please advice
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')

The main use of the machine is to coding,multi tasking,multiple monitors etc
I have old GTX 1060.I own an XBOX ONE X,so wont be doing hardcore gaming on it.But i may play some games occasionaly.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
30-40K

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: No

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Windows 10

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: 2 TB

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: 24Inch .. 1080P

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: CoolerMaster Case,Seasonic PSU,EVGA GTX 1060

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: May be this or next month

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: Yes

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Online

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: NIL
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ryzen 3600--currently you can get it for ~15k by using sbi YONO app offer(10% off using sbi card+5% yono cashback for amazon.Must add the product to cart & buy within yono app in built linked amazon site).
Buy Online Asrock B450 Pro4 AMD AM4 Socket Motherboard lowest price in india at www.theitdepot.com call them to confirm availability & immediately order it,best ryzen mobo under 10k & is usually always out of stock around this time so buy it asap else it may take months to come back in stock.
2* ADATA XPG GAMMIX D30 8GB (8GBX1) DDR4 3200MHZ RAM
Buy Online Silicon Power 1TB NVMe PCIe Gen3 x4 M.2 2280 SSD SP001TBP34A80M28 In India OR Buy Online Intel 1TB 660P NVMe M.2 Internal SSD SSDPEKNW010T801 In India

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
^ Price difference isn't much so go with Silicon Power nvme drive as it is a TLC one and runs on pcie x4 mode compared to QLC 660p running on pcie x2 mode.

As for monitor, I'm assuming you have a 24" 1080p monitor. It won't be possible to accommodate it in the budget otherwise.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Budget -49.3K

Processor -AMD Ryzen 5 3600 -17k
Motherboard -MSI B450 Tomahawk Max -10k
RAM -G.Skill SniperX 16GB(8GBx2) 3600Mhz -7.3k (primeabgb)
SSD - Kigston A400 240GB SSD -2.2k
Monitor -SAMSUNG LC24F390FHWXXL -9.6k
KB & Mouse -Logitech MK200 -.8k
UPS -APC 600VA UPS -2.4k (Amazon.in)

All prices are taken from vedantcomputers except spceified above.
Total -49.3K

Last edited:

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Monitor -BenQ GW2480 24inch LED IPS -9.4k
Please do not recommend any 60Hz monitor which lacks freesync but is priced at 10k.

Total -55.8K
:confused:
His budget is 30-40k

KB & Mouse -Cooler Master MasterKeys Lite L -4k
UPS -APC 1.1 KVA -6k

Why are these required here?

Motherboard -MSI B450 Tomahawk Max -10k
SSD - ADATA Ultimate 480GB SSD -4k (primeabgb)
MSI India gave someone on the forum a hard time with their new mobo and even bent their CPU's pin.
Adata has 2-3 "ultimate" labelled sata ssd. None are better than MX500.

OP
M

maverick121

Journeyman
Ryzen 3600--currently you can get it for ~15k by using sbi YONO app offer(10% off using sbi card+5% yono cashback for amazon.Must add the product to cart & buy within yono app in built linked amazon site).
Buy Online Asrock B450 Pro4 AMD AM4 Socket Motherboard lowest price in india at www.theitdepot.com call them to confirm availability & immediately order it,best ryzen mobo under 10k & is usually always out of stock around this time so buy it asap else it may take months to come back in stock.
2* ADATA XPG GAMMIX D30 8GB (8GBX1) DDR4 3200MHZ RAM
Buy Online Silicon Power 1TB NVMe PCIe Gen3 x4 M.2 2280 SSD SP001TBP34A80M28 In India OR Buy Online Intel 1TB 660P NVMe M.2 Internal SSD SSDPEKNW010T801 In India

Thanks a lot for the suggestions.The Yono App offer is not working for me.I have tried adding the same to cart within YonoApp and checking out.The price is not discounted.

OP
M

maverick121

Journeyman
^ Price difference isn't much so go with Silicon Power nvme drive as it is a TLC one and runs on pcie x4 mode compared to QLC 660p running on pcie x2 mode.

As for monitor, I'm assuming you have a 24" 1080p monitor. It won't be possible to accommodate it in the budget otherwise.
I already have a Benq Monitor..

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thanks a lot for the suggestions.The Yono App offer is not working for me.I have tried adding the same to cart within YonoApp and checking out.The price is not discounted.
This is not instant discount,it is cashback so price will be paid in full at first.You will get 10% cashback(max upto 2500) & extra 5% cashback(no max limit,always on yono amazon offer).

From YONO app amazon offer T&C:
FAQ for extra 5% cashback:
The cashback amount will be credited as amazon pay balance tothe eligible customer's amazon account within 90 days of the eligible transaction

SBI YONO Shopping Festival T&C for 10% extra cashback:
The cashback will be credited in the eligible cardholder's card account by the bank &/or sbi cards & payment services ltd(SBICPSL) on 15th March 2020.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Do i really need a Ryzen 5 3600?
You can go with ryzen 5 3500 for 10k with yono sbi amazon offer.This is the minimum you should go for(hexa core processor with no hyper threading) as below it there are quad cores but price difference is hardly 2-3k & since you already have a graphics card the integrated graphics quad core processors(there are no integrated graphics hexa core ryzen processors) are not of much use to you.

OP
M

maverick121

Journeyman
You can go with ryzen 5 3500 for 10k with yono sbi amazon offer.This is the minimum you should go for(hexa core processor with no hyper threading) as below it there are quad cores but price difference is hardly 2-3k & since you already have a graphics card the integrated graphics quad core processors(there are no integrated graphics hexa core ryzen processors) are not of much use to you.

Thanks for the Reponse.Hope the offer is available on EMI using SBI Card

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thanks for the Reponse.Hope the offer is available on EMI using SBI Card
It is.Check the YONO amazon offer page T&C(It is the 1st page after you click on amazon banner inside yono app & before clicking on the shop now link which then takes you to actual amazon site inside YONO app from this page).

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
I checked the T&C,5% cashback offer is available on emi.

10% cashback offer is available with following condition:
cashback offer would not be applicable using sbi debit card emi option.However the cashback is applicable on merchant emi transactions on sbi credit card done at the time of purchase on YSF participating merchant.14%/15% rate of interest is applicable on monthly reducing balance for merchant emi transactions on sbi credit card

OP
M

maverick121

Journeyman
I checked the T&C,5% cashback offer is available on emi.

10% cashback offer is available with following condition:
Thanks .. thing is that i have to spend nearly 18K on a processor and im not sure if the cashback would be credited .. sometimes there may be a glitch and the cashback might not be credited.
SBI and Amazon have could have provided a coupon code or atleast display a message saying cashback will be credited during checkout.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
SBI & ICICI are considered good as far as cashbacks are considered,they may take some time(usually the last day of the mentioned period for getting cashback) but they do give it if you have fulfilled all the T&C. Most important thing to note for this sbi YONO offer is that you must do everything from within YONO app & not doing anything on amazon website/app until you add the products in cart & place the order.If there is some connection failure then do everything from the start(like adding products again to cart after removing any previously added products) within YONO app only.

P.S. This offer is provided by SBI so amazon can't do anything other than the 5% cashback as it will be credited as amazon pay balance.The 10% cashback will be credited directly to bank account by sbi so amazon has nothing to do with it.In fact similar offers from hdfc/icici/axis etc too follow this same model where amazon doesn't display in advance any cashback notification as long as cashback is provided directly by the bank & not amazon(in the form of amazon pay balance).

Another tip: Transfer Rs.2(check your amazon app offers section & send money section(select any contact/upi id for sending money & all applicable offers will automatically show up) from amazon upi to any upi id & you will unlock a rs.100 off on 500 or more shopping order on amazon.

OP
M

maverick121

Journeyman
SBI & ICICI are considered good as far as cashbacks are considered,they may take some time(usually the last day of the mentioned period for getting cashback) but they do give it if you have fulfilled all the T&C. Most important thing to note for this sbi YONO offer is that you must do everything from within YONO app & not doing anything on amazon website/app until you add the products in cart & place the order.If there is some connection failure then do everything from the start(like adding products again to cart after removing any previously added products) within YONO app only.

P.S. This offer is provided by SBI so amazon can't do anything other than the 5% cashback as it will be credited as amazon pay balance.The 10% cashback will be credited directly to bank account by sbi so amazon has nothing to do with it.In fact similar offers from hdfc/icici/axis etc too follow this same model where amazon doesn't display in advance any cashback notification as long as cashback is provided directly by the bank & not amazon(in the form of amazon pay balance).

Another tip: Transfer Rs.2(check your amazon app offers section & send money section(select any contact/upi id for sending money & all applicable offers will automatically show up) from amazon upi to any upi id & you will unlock a rs.100 off on 500 or more shopping order on amazon.
Thanks a lot for the tips.I have ordered the board.Will order the processor soon [Cash Crunch] . Does the Silicon Power SSD support the ASRock Board? Does it have extra PCI Express slot for the Graphics Card?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To support a Silicon Power PCIe SSD, the system must have an M.2 connector with only an M key. The Silicon Power PCIe SSD does not have a B notch and therefore, the B key on the SSD connector will prevent it from being inserted.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Thanks a lot for the tips.I have ordered the board.Will order the processor soon [Cash Crunch] . Does the Silicon Power SSD support the ASRock Board? Does it have extra PCI Express slot for the Graphics Card?
Yes, it has 2 m.2 nvme slots and 2 PCIe x16 slots for graphics card (use the top one though).

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Does the Silicon Power SSD support the ASRock Board? Does it have extra PCI Express slot for the Graphics Card?
ASRock B450 Pro4
upload_2019-12-12_17-6-23.png

upload_2019-12-12_17-7-27.png

Top Bottom