Need advice on buying a mobile worth 15-20K

anarchy0x

In the zone
1. Budget? About 15K-20K
2. Display type and size? Any regular size will do
3. Dual sim? Yes, this is very crucial.
4. Preferred choice of brand? Any
5. What camera option you want (flash, front facing camera)? Doesn't matter much
6. Preferred operating system? (Android, iOS, Windows Phone, etc). Probably Android as that's the only one that I'm familiar with but maybe I can try other OS if whatsapp & other functions like gmail work just as well
7. Preferred connectivity options (3G, 4G ready). 4G ready
8. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, internet, gaming etc)?

The mobile is for my father so gaming isn't a priority at all. Usage will be for internet, whatsapp & gmail

9. Any specific mobile phones in consideration? I was considering one plus one but they don't have dual SIM, unfortunately. I'm open to any brand though.

10. Any other info that you want to share:
Internal Memory should be 16GB
RAM preferably should be about 2 GB but it's ok if it's less(1.5-1.2) & other requirements are satisfied
Processor about 1.5 Ghz, again it's not a mandatory thing. (Not sure about this one due to several types of processors available)

Last edited:
OP
anarchy0x

anarchy0x

In the zone
Lumia 640 Dual, Lumia 640XL Dual, Zenfone 2 are your good options.

Sorry, I forgot to add this:
Internal Memory should be at least 16GB
RAM preferably should be about 2 GB but it's ok if it's less & other requirements are satisfied
Processor about 1.5 Ghz, again not a hard & fast thing (Not sure about this one due to several types of processors available)

Added to the original post too

Last edited:

rakeshhkuma90

Journeyman
After looking to your specifications, you can buy Asus Zenfone 2. it has good reviews.

1. Budget About 13K-15K
2. Display type and size is 13.97 cm
3. Dual sim? Yes
4. Camera Rear 13 MP, Front 5 MP
5. 4G ready is available
6. Internal Memory is 16GB
7. RAM is 2 GB
8. Processor is 1.8 GHz + Intel Atom Z3560, Quad Core

Xiaomi Mi4i ??? It has everything that you require, only con is no sd card slot, just 16GB internal out of which you get about 12.5GB

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Sorry, I forgot to add this:
Internal Memory should be at least 16GB
RAM should be about 2 GB
Processor about 1.5 Ghz (Not sure about this one due to several typs of processors available)

Added to the original post too

1 GB ram is sufficient for Windows phone 8.1 and so is snapdragon 400 in both 640 and 640XL

OP
anarchy0x

anarchy0x

In the zone
1 GB ram is sufficient for Windows phone 8.1 and so is snapdragon 400 in both 640 and 640XL

About Microsoft Lumia 640 XL..
From *www.business-standard.com/article/technology/bigger-but-not-exactly-better-115051000667_1.html
"The inbuilt storage space of 8GB is disappointing, as only about half of it is available to the user. "

- - - Updated - - -

Xiaomi Mi4i ??? It has everything that you require, only con is no sd card slot, just 16GB internal out of which you get about 12.5GB

Well, that's a dealbreaker I guess :(

the.one

In the zone
From *www.business-standard.com/article/technology/bigger-but-not-exactly-better-115051000667_1.html
"The inbuilt storage space of 8GB is disappointing, as only about half of it is available to the user. "

Install apps on SD card..

OP
anarchy0x

anarchy0x

In the zone
Install apps on SD card..

Does installing Apps on SD card always work on all mobiles? I have a Xiomi Redmi 4G note & I have changed the settings to install everything to SD card yet I think it installs in the main memory.

Also, can I check where an ap is installed? if I go to apps in settings & check the specific app, I can see that USB storage app is 0.00B. Does it mean that it's installed on the mobile & not on the SD card?

If this gets too out of topic, I'll open another thread for such questions.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW

- - - Updated - - -

Well, that's a dealbreaker I guess :(

you can install apps etc on memory card
Im running games such as asphalt 8,GTA SA etc on my 720 with a sandisk class 4 card
720 only has 512mb ram,dual core SD S4 cpu

thats how well optimised windows is!!
I highly suggest checking them out
In this price range,Lumias are really good vfm imho
plus camera,battery,updates etc are better than android counterparts

$hadow

Geek in making
With windows you have upto 128gb of internal storage. Since it provides you the option of putting the apps on ext sd card. And windows is not a lot ram hog OS so even 512mb will suffice.

OP
anarchy0x

anarchy0x

In the zone
Guys, I appreciate your inputs but please also post mobiles which meet the requirements, especially 16 GB internal space, dual sim & 1.2-1.5GB RAM

ADDED to my original post:

The mobile is for my father so gaming isn't a priority at all. Usage will be for internet, whatsapp & gmail

-------------------------------------------
Thanks, I'll check it out later. Actually, the card is required for my father & he's really insisting on 16GB internal space.

you can install apps etc on memory card
Im running games such as asphalt 8,GTA SA etc on my 720 with a sandisk class 4 card
720 only has 512mb ram,dual core SD S4 cpu

thats how well optimised windows is!!
I highly suggest checking them out
In this price range,Lumias are really good vfm imho
plus camera,battery,updates etc are better than android counterparts

the.one

In the zone
zenfone 2 fits those requirements (but the cam is reportedly not as good), also mi4 & oneplus one, desire 826.

Even something as cheap as A6000+/Yuphoria fulfill ur memory requirements.

Though some of the above have their flaws and may not be recommended.

OP
anarchy0x

anarchy0x

In the zone
Like I said, I appreciate all the posts but please also guide me with 16 GB internal space.

That being said, in light of the feedback the members have given, I have some questions:

1. I always thought thought that a good mobile means android only. So with a windows mobile I won't have any problems with aps such as WhatsApp, gmail, office (on mobile) etc?

2. One of the main reasons for me & him opting for him 16 GB is if you have 8 GB memory, a part of it(1-2GB I guess) gets used by the OS.
Secondly, even after changing storage settings, some applications still, at least partially get installed in internal memory.
Can that be fixed?
Thirdly, in my Xiomi Redmi 4G note, if I go to Settings>applications there's no option for moving installed apps to SD card. This problem seems to be model specific though, as I've seen other mobiles having that option.
Is there a solution for that as well? And what if I the mobile I buy has the same problem?

I hope I can get answers to the above questions as they address the issue of internal space completely.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
Like I said, I appreciate all the posts but please also guide me with 16 GB internal space.

That being said, in light of the feedback the members have given, I have some questions:

1. I always thought thought that a good mobile means android only. So with a windows mobile I won't have any problems with aps such as WhatsApp, gmail, office (on mobile) etc?

2. One of the main reasons for me & him opting for him 16 GB is if you have 8 GB memory, a part of it(1-2GB I guess) gets used by the OS.
Secondly, even after changing storage settings, some applications still, at least partially get installed in internal memory.
Can that be fixed?
Thirdly, in my Xiomi Redmi 4G note, if I go to Settings>applications there's no option for moving installed apps to SD card. This problem seems to be model specific though, as I've seen other mobiles having that option.
Is there a solution for that as well? And what if I the mobile I buy has the same problem?

I hope I can get answers to the above questions as they address the issue of internal space completely.

1. people who talk ill of windows have never used it
windows phone is actually very good
whatsapp,gmail etc work well, WP offers the best office experience

2.that doesnt happen in WP, if you have an 8gb phone,granted 5.5-6gb will be free but if you set everything to install to memory card,itll stay at 5.5-6gb, wont decrease unlike android

3.since kitkat very few to no phones have this option available , since WP8.1 all windows phones have this option and it works much much better than on android

I know im sounding biased but these are some major pluses of WP which android lacks
not saying WP is perfect,android users dont like it because they like those complex mods,themes,fonts etc in android(not all like them)

the.one

In the zone

Can that be fixed?

1. IOS, Android & WP none of them are perfect. You have to find out the one that works best for you.

WP and the lumia devices will feel great and better than any mid-range android device, but only until they do ur job. Its a highly personal opinion & I would suggest u to checkout a lumia device from a friend and try using it for a couple of days with ur frequently used apps & ur daily usecases to form ur opinion. They indeed are getting better with the newer hardware and software iterations.

I feel they are best when I can get my things done on it, but sometimes i struggle for a few very simple things, for example there is no official youtube app on WP store, and yesterday eve i wanted to watch a video, opened up UCBrowser to watch it, but it could not play it properly. Got pissed and started using my ipad which could do that same thing flawlessly. This could be a problem with my particular model, i.e, L720 due to hardware limitations (not sure maybe the UCBrowser app is not well optimised or whatever). U may not face this on a newer WP device.

2. This works fine on WP.

Top Bottom