Need Advice for Cooling Pad for ASUS A550JX XX142D

Blue Dragon

Broken In
I think the title pretty much explains it.
I bought ASUS A550JX XX142D on 1st june and got it on 3rd via ShopClues (was gonna buy through EBay but the seller removed the 4k discount :p)
So It is mainly for coding and low to med end gaming (Like Counter Strike Age of empires Saints Row 3 etc)
Aaand I am kinda concerned with the heating (I haven't even touched the laptop yet its sealed but all lappys tend to heat) So I wanted to know what kind of cooling pad should I buy? I dunno if it throws air out or pulls it in or where the vents and GPU are was hoping someone on digit with this laptop can "educate" me on that :3 Also what are the Max temp permissible :)

It is not urgent but I would like to know the answer soon enough on what cooling pad to buy :) (BTW wtf are chill mats? Im new to this stuff o.0)

As for budget >.> Well around 1-2k ? I want the cheapest possible really but I am willing to nag papa more if it will really make a difference.
BTW it needs to be quiet and light (I am gonna join college after 1.3months :3) Most prolly I will use it on lap while browsing etc and on desk while playing games or coding :)

Thanks a lot!
Feel free to ask anymore details :D

OP
B

Blue Dragon

Broken In
Better to use a new heatsink paste after the warranty expires than using a cooler with placebo effect.

I'm a nub :3 heatshinky smethingy ya say? :p Well I will google and find out about that.
BTW ShopClues says it has 1yr Manufacturer Warranty(YAY! but in another post it says it has 2yr international warranty >.>) and EBay says it has 1Yr seller warranty(F$#K!) And I bought with shopclues but i will still go with the worst case scenario (i.e. Seller) So you want me to heat the f$#k out of the laptop for the next 1 yr? o.0 I mean I dunno I just don't want it damaged cuz I think i am not gonna buy a new laptop for rest of my college life :p I will just keep upgrading the RAM and stuff.
Soooo in short: wait for warranty to expire and cause damage while playing games or buy a coolpad?
Also can you please help me out in this one too: *forum.digit.in/laptops-netbooks/197498-max-permissible-ram-upgrade-asus-a550jx-xx142.html
Just asking you cuz i see your posts all over the forum for laptop advices xD You and anupam_pb guy :p

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Nope, don't heat up your laptop unnecessarily. Usually, the stock heatsink paste dries up within a year and needs to be replaced. Keep monitoring the temperatures using HWMonitor and post whenever you find them reaching above 80* C.

OP
B

Blue Dragon

Broken In
Nope, don't heat up your laptop unnecessarily. Usually, the stock heatsink paste dries up within a year and needs to be replaced. Keep monitoring the temperatures using HWMonitor and post whenever you find them reaching above 80* C.

Okies, I will get that Laptop from my friend (Where I ordered it) tomorrow, will run some apps to find max temp and stuff etc.
However If I find the ones for GPU below 100ish then I think I should go for coolpad. I will post in this forum after 9th or 10th I guess when I test everything in the Laptop. But it is still open to suggestions for good cheap cool pads though :)
Thanks Goku!
Kamehameha xD

maheshn

Journeyman
Okies, I will get that Laptop from my friend (Where I ordered it) tomorrow, will run some apps to find max temp and stuff etc.
However If I find the ones for GPU below 100ish then I think I should go for coolpad. I will post in this forum after 9th or 10th I guess when I test everything in the Laptop. But it is still open to suggestions for good cheap cool pads though :)
Thanks Goku!
Kamehameha xD

Personally I recommend Deepcool Multicore X6

Deepcool Multi Core X6 - Deepcool : Flipkart.com

And no, thanks to the configuration it is not a placebo effect. It brought down the temps on my Dell Inspiron 15n by about 5-6 degrees. I've owned it for more than 1 year and appreciate it.

However it is not cheap...

Try searching around.

Regards

Top Bottom