need advice - fast!

Status
Not open for further replies.

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
Hey guys one of my friends is coming from the US and am plannin to get some corsair xms memory from him. Namely this one:

*shop1.outpost.com/product/4221974?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

however I have a A7N8X-E motherboard with bus speeds of 400 mhz. WIll the RAM work ? Its a PC3700. running at 466 mhz. Need info on this urgently!

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
I don't think your mobo has enough memory bandwidth to make full use of the RAM. I don't think 90$ for 512 MB is a good buy (even by Indian prices). For about 25$ more you can get 1 GB RAM.
Check here *www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820145450

shwetanshu

Cyborg Agent
i think the RAM will work but only at 400MHz, i have 2 400 MHz Kingston RAM Modules and they work at 266MHz(max my mobo can support).

OP
I

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
thanks for the info. newegg would have been my first option too but the guy is leavin tomm and hence I am left with limited choice. Lookin at outpost.com mainly.

rohanbee

Padawan
drvarunmehta said:
I don't think your mobo has enough memory bandwidth to make full use of the RAM. I don't think 90$ for 512 MB is a good buy (even by Indian prices). For about 25$ more you can get 1 GB RAM.

Hey dude what are you saying the link that you show says $115+tax+shipping, you got me all exicted for nothing :cry:

By the way how do i know what ram is supported by my mobo. I am using a kingston PC3200 400mhz single dimm on a intel 915gav ??

Also does someone know a software that i can download to check the speed of my ram?

mohit

The Hardware Labs
@rohanbee
try cpu-z or everest home edition to know more about your ram (latencies,speed,brand etc). google for both.

Journeyman
Your Mobo wont support 466Mhz RAM..
Try getting 400MHz 512MB x 2. Your Mobo supports Dual Channel

rohanbee

Padawan
Seems like a good buy. How much is it actually costing you after shipping and tax. Do keep us upto date about its preformance when you receive it!

OP
I

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
no shipping no tax ...gettin it off a friend whos coming down from the US. should have it by mid next week. Its supposed to have LED's and all. Should look interesting coupled along with my 6800 which has blue LED's ;) Will see if I can take some pics and post some benchmarks.

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
rohanbee said:
drvarunmehta said:

Hey dude what are you saying the link that you show says $115+tax+shipping, you got me all exicted for nothing :cry:

By the way how do i know what ram is supported by my mobo. I am using a kingston PC3200 400mhz single dimm on a intel 915gav ??

Also does someone know a software that i can download to check the speed of my ram?
I didn't say anything wrong. I said that you can 1 GB for 25$ more than the cost of 512 MB (which is 90$). And please check properly, the shipping is FREE (although in US only).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom