Need a tablet in 15k range

nomad47

Cyborg Agent
Hey guys, one of my friend is buying a tablet and am posting on his behalf.

Budget: Max 15k
Purpose: Web Browsing, tid bit of multimedia and yeah Skype!!
Connectivity: 3G and Wi Fi
Screen: 7" and above

I have suggested him Asus fonepad 7 2013 (*www.flipkart.com/asus-fonepad-7-ta...=b_3&ref=11a6391b-ccdf-4cfe-a4ad-fbded0905c31)
and he has also shortlisted this tablet from Lenovo (*www.flipkart.com/lenovo-a7-50-tabl...=b_4&ref=681bd2cd-53fa-4fbb-ba66-00ed6e796549)

Are there any other options?

OP
nomad47

nomad47

Cyborg Agent
I also suggested him the same. :)
BTW Dell Venue 8 (Wi Fi only) what is your opinion on that? On paper it has better specs.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
^ Dell has a history of forgetting its older releases. they seldom update any mobile/tablet they have released in the past. dev support is close to non existent. and if he's getting a wifi only tablet, why not suggest him to get a Nexus 7 (2013) :confused:

OP
nomad47

nomad47

Cyborg Agent
^ Dell has a history of forgetting its older releases. they seldom update any mobile/tablet they have released in the past. dev support is close to non existent. and if he's getting a wifi only tablet, why not suggest him to get a Nexus 7 (2013) :confused:

His first preference is with GSM option. I suggested him a Nexus 7, but it is going out of budget (2013) and 2012 one is out of stock. Hence I suggested Fonepad. BTW Dell has 2 GB RAM and Fonepad has 1 GB. Is it a dealbreaker?

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
His first preference is with GSM option. I suggested him a Nexus 7, but it is going out of budget (2013) and 2012 one is out of stock. Hence I suggested Fonepad. BTW Dell has 2 GB RAM and Fonepad has 1 GB. Is it a dealbreaker?

1 gb ram is quite enough if phonepad 7 is on kitkat but its not the case. on the other hand, kitkat update is on its way for venue 8 in USA, no idea about update here. IMHO, let him take demo of both before making the decision.

Top Bottom