Need a powerful laptop for 80k

1) What is your budget? (INR or USD)
80k +-5k

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?
  • Thin and Light; 12" - 14" screen
  • Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen

3) What are the primary tasks you will be performing with this notebook?
Engg software, Office, Photoshop, image editing and medium gaming. Would like to be able to play all new games.

5) Any typical configuration in your mind you're eying for ?
Acer Nitro 5
MSI pe62 7rd

4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
a. Like:na
b. Dislike:na

6) Anything else you would like to say?
  • Screen resolution ( 1080p (Full HD) ) good ips display
  • Battery back up ( normal (3-4hrs) / extended (5-7hrs) )
  • Purchase place ( Online (eg - flipkart, infibeam)/ Local / Abroad (do mention the country) ) India/online

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Import a laptop from USA through a friend. India got crap laptops with TN panels and only gtx 1050 non-ti in this budget. If you can't import, assemble a R5 1600 + GTX 1060 6GB desktop instead.

OP
K

Kamalesh Bharadwaj

Broken In
Need a laptop as i am constantly moving.
Need gaming to relax after work.

Please analyse and recommend options in india....cnt import. If I could import would get the dell Inspiron 7567.

My picks so far (ips screen+ 1050)
Acer nitro 5
Acer Nitro 5 Core i5 7th Gen - (8 GB/1 TB HDD/Windows 10 Home/4 GB Graphics) AN515-51 Gaming Laptop
Acer Nitro 5 Core i5 7th Gen - (8 GB/1 TB HDD/Windows 10 Home/4 GB Graphics) AN515-51 Gaming Laptop Rs.74999 Price in India - Buy Acer Nitro 5 Core i5 7th Gen - (8 GB/1 TB HDD/Windows 10 Home/4 GB Graphics) AN515-51 Gaming Laptop Black Online - Acer : Flipkart.com

Hp pavilion power 15 HP Pavilion Power - 15-cb053tx

Msi pe62 7rd
MSI P Core i7 7th Gen - (8 GB/128 GB SSD/DOS/2 GB Graphics) PE62 7RD Gaming Laptop
MSI P Core i7 7th Gen - (8 GB/128 GB SSD/DOS/2 GB Graphics) PE62 7RD Gaming Laptop Rs.78990 Price in India - Buy MSI P Core i7 7th Gen - (8 GB/128 GB SSD/DOS/2 GB Graphics) PE62 7RD Gaming Laptop Silver Online - MSI : Flipkart.com

hehe xd

Right off the assembly line
If you have to buy from India, imo the Nitro 5 is probably the laptop with the best specs for its price. It's still overpriced though - the corresponding model in the US costs $899 and has 16GB RAM + 256 GB SSD (no HDD). Not sure about it's build quality & apparently it has backlight bleeding issues, so you might want to check for that.

sohan_92

In the zone
If you have to buy from India, imo the Nitro 5 is probably the laptop with the best specs for its price. It's still overpriced though - the corresponding model in the US costs $899 and has 16GB RAM + 256 GB SSD (no HDD). Not sure about it's build quality & apparently it has backlight bleeding issues, so you might want to check for that.
Build quality -- > Lame keyboard quality which has key pop up features (!). And when OP says Engg. software and photoshop, I would rather recommend at-least i7 HQ processor.

aby geek

Cyborg Agent
*www.amazon.in/MSI-GL62M-7RD-15-6-i...&*entries*=0&portal-device-attributes=desktop

get this if it comes in your budget. in july smc gave me 83k quote for this.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
*www.amazon.in/MSI-GL62M-7RD-15-6-inch-Corei7-7700HQ/dp/B01NCN11WB?_encoding=UTF8&*Version*=1&*entries*=0&portal-device-attributes=desktop

get this if it comes in your budget. in july smc gave me 83k quote for this.
You do realize that it has 1050 for 83k? You can assemble a R5 1600 + GTX 1060 config in that budget with a good monitor (if you skip either SSD or HDD).

aby geek

Cyborg Agent
You do realize that it has 1050 for 83k? You can assemble a R5 1600 + GTX 1060 config in that budget with a good monitor (if you skip either SSD or HDD).

yup its not a sweeter deal over acer nitro 5 or comes close to a desktop but consider that this is with windows pre installed a dos version should be around 75k with 8 gb ram.

Reviews Acer Nitro 5 Core I7 7th Gen 16 Gb 1 Tb Hdd 128 Gb Ssd Windows 10 Home 4 Graphics An515 51 Gaming Laptop - Latest Review of Acer Nitro 5 Core I7 7th Gen 16 Gb 1 Tb Hdd 128 Gb Ssd Windows 10 Home 4 Graphics An515 51 Gaming Laptop, India | Flipkart.com

if this version is available below 85k locally then this might be a wiser choice.

what is the difference between these two?

*www.amazon.in/MSI-GL62-7RDX-1089IN...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=NYC1RE696YG1S006AVME

*www.amazon.in/dp/B06W5H179X/ref=psdc_1375424031_t3_B071XVSGZZ

hehe xd

Right off the assembly line
yup its not a sweeter deal over acer nitro 5 or comes close to a desktop but consider that this is with windows pre installed a dos version should be around 75k with 8 gb ram.

Reviews Acer Nitro 5 Core I7 7th Gen 16 Gb 1 Tb Hdd 128 Gb Ssd Windows 10 Home 4 Graphics An515 51 Gaming Laptop - Latest Review of Acer Nitro 5 Core I7 7th Gen 16 Gb 1 Tb Hdd 128 Gb Ssd Windows 10 Home 4 Graphics An515 51 Gaming Laptop, India | Flipkart.com

if this version is available below 85k locally then this might be a wiser choice.
85k for a 1050??

The cheapest i7 + 1050Ti combination is the Dell 7567 (which has a horrible TN panel btw). It's around 90k in Flipkart

aby geek

Cyborg Agent
Doesnt 1050 4gb mean 1050ti?
Coz nvidia site doesn't list 2 versions of 1050.

I thought that amazon lists 1050ti as 1050 4gb.

But the 89k config is pretty good considering 16gb and ssd.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Doesnt 1050 4gb mean 1050ti?
Coz nvidia site doesn't list 2 versions of 1050.

I thought that amazon lists 1050ti as 1050 4gb.

But the 89k config is pretty good considering 16gb and ssd.
1050 4GB =/= 1050Ti.
No laptop config currently in India is good once you cross over the 60k mark.
I get why PC components, particularly GPUs and RAM have inflated prices, I don't get why every damn OEM has jacked up the laptop prices by 50% or higher (sometimes even by 200% *cough* MSI India *cough* ).

If I was to import a laptop from USA and then sell it, I would probably sell it at 50% extra of the actual price because of added stupid customs and other crap taxes. They don't import from USA, and as such, they don't incur that much taxes. They are leeching as much as they can.

aby geek

Cyborg Agent
Acer Aspire VX7-573G 7thGen Corei7,8GB,1TB+128GB SSD,4GB 15.6 Gaming Laptop | eBay Mobile

Is this price justified for 1050ti?

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Acer Aspire VX7-573G 7thGen Corei7,8GB,1TB+128GB SSD,4GB 15.6 Gaming Laptop | eBay Mobile

Is this price justified for 1050ti?
Like I said in my previous post, it isn't.

If someone is paying 100k for a 1050ti laptop, its better to spend some more and get one with 1060 6gb instead.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
1050 4GB =/= 1050Ti.
No laptop config currently in India is good once you cross over the 60k mark.
I get why PC components, particularly GPUs and RAM have inflated prices, I don't get why every damn OEM has jacked up the laptop prices by 50% or higher (sometimes even by 200% *cough* MSI India *cough* ).

If I was to import a laptop from USA and then sell it, I would probably sell it at 50% extra of the actual price because of added stupid customs and other crap taxes. They don't import from USA, and as such, they don't incur that much taxes. They are leeching as much as they can.
But they do import from USA,all major PC components are imported only as there are no manufacturing facilities in India(like hdd/psu/gfx card/mobo manufacturing in China,Thailand,Singapore etc). Even the so called manufacturing facilities of major laptop brands in India are nothing but mere assembling centres.

raga8

Broken In
OP can also try this but it has no manufacturer warranty but 1050ti for 89k.. If you google u can find some coupons which may reduce the price further LENOVO Legion Y520,Core i7 7700HQ,8GB DDR4,1TB+256GB SSD,15.6 FHD,4GB GTX1050Ti | eBay Mobile

Sent from my ZUK Z1 using Tapatalk

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
But they do import from USA,all major PC components are imported only as there are no manufacturing facilities in India(like hdd/psu/gfx card/mobo manufacturing in China,Thailand,Singapore etc). Even the so called manufacturing facilities of major laptop brands in India are nothing but mere assembling centres.
Laptops in India are imported from China/Singapore/Thailand where they get assembled originally and not USA. The price declared by the OEM to the customs dept before importing them is much lower than the price which a person will declare if he imported the same laptop. If they imported from USA, they'd charge more than 100% extra of the USA price. Just because high end laptop scenario here is bad, OEMs are exploiting it to full extent.

If you were to assemble a ~1200$ (~80) rig in USA, same parts will cost you around 100k here (did it via PcPartPicker). Though it is a 25% markup, that's not bad. On the other hand, if you went for a 1200$ laptop, same thing will cost you more than 130k. That extra 30k is what I've been pointing at.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Import duty depends on product not the country of origin & it is not the invoice value but the value assessed by custom officers that matters.e.g.you may show purchase value of a costly item/laptop as $700(maybe you bought it in some super saver black friday deal etc with some 40-50% discount) but the custom officer will assess its value at $1200 & you will have to pay import duty on that amount only & not $700 invoice.The example I have given is quite extreme in case of regular people but in case of OEMs importing large quantities of products this is how custom officials behave.Just like income tax officers are under pressure to get more income tax,custom officers are also under pressure to get more custom duty as far as commercial importing is concerned.Also a fully assembled product,whether laptop or luxury car,always attracts more import duty compared to individual parts.OEMs may explore assembling laptops from scratch in India but they don't want to because of poor infrastructure,labor laws & other issues.Whatever assembling laptop brands do in India is only for namesake maybe for getting some tax rebate(e.g.90% laptop is already assembled with only finishing touches done in Indian factory).

aby geek

Cyborg Agent
the acer nitro 5 link OP posted has 1050 ti written in details could that be a 1050ti ?
how is acer service in india and if a product is marked only on flipkart is it surely that we will not find it elsewhere?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nitro 5 Spin

Since acer's own site is ambiguous about whether it is 1050 or 1050Ti,I would not believe anything unless I see it with my own eyes first in some acer showroom that it indeed has 1050Ti.

Top Bottom