Need a NO-NON SENSE music phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
if n91 has not got any problems then go for it and also get EP 630 as krazysaid

or else there is SE w810i or w610i....choose your thump !!

else 5700 a phone with a twist............that is if u dont mind the twist in the phone !!

Last edited:

v_joy

Journeyman
Hi ppl, even i need a phone of exactly type but the only difference is tht my budget is 16,000/- rupees & i it should support lots of application coz i will be gaming alot on my mobile.
PLEASE HELP me too.

PS : how gud is SE k790i or K810i ????
will it suit me???

abhra

Broken In
Hey same requirements here only this time budget is Max. 7K. I've heard the new SE W200i is around that price. Is it any good??

v_joy

Journeyman
hey infra_red_dude, thanx for replying.
tell me 1 thing, how gud is k810i's keypad??? it look really bad in photograph.
also dosent SE has compatability issue with mobile applications (mainly games in my case i'll be playing alot of games on it)

sting

Journeyman
hard_rock said:
Thanks guys...

Hey is there any difference in quality of sound in K750i and W810i apart from larger screen and EDGE?

regarding 6233,I have experienced it and its UI is good.
In my Experience ( Tested with HPM-70 ) there is no diff, i think K750i damn better than W810i

v_joy

Journeyman
did u say k750i???
u sure!!!
& r there any motorola phones which satisfy the following needs??
eg : moto rokr E6.
plz tell me how is it?? its +ve & -ve points.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
k750i used to be good. but now all the k750s that SE is selling has crippled megabass. so wid the stock firmware it lags behind the walkman series with or widout hpm70. unless u flash it back it won't give u that same quality.

secondly, i don't think keypad wud be a problem. u mebbe used to one kinda keypad now. but as u use it u'll feel ok. ask aks_win, he has a k550i. that is one phone where everyone is crying about keypad! but i dun think i'd be a problem.

regarding games, i think there are quite a lot games for java. again its all subjective. if u are used to symbian games then u'll miss it in any java phone. there is nothing called compatibility issue in mobile phones. it either runs or it doesnt!!! a java phone won't run symbian apps.

v_joy

Journeyman
thanx for the info dude!!!
please tell me which games r more common java or symbian??
also my need is 60% music & 40 % camera, but this k series r dedicated to camera. so will it be rite to buy this phone.

also r there any motorola phones of same price & which can compete with SE k810i. what about moto rokr E6????
its look very gud!!!!!

what is the cost of SE w880i??

OP
hard_rock

hard_rock

Salieri Family
Thanks guys.After doing lot of research on mobiles that suits my needs..I found out w810i or w610i is the best buy. I dint know they come with bundled speakers which is + for me as I'll be staying in room with no PC. So listening FM n music would be lot easier with MPS-70 or MDS-60.

Also by GSM arena reviews and your opinions in other threads, I found out that
w610i
+ A2DP- I think I dont use it as of now..Coz I have no plans to buy Bluetooth music receiver
+ Walkman 2
+ Better Video Quality
+ Louder than 810i
+ TrackID-I seldom use this kinda services as I dont use Internet in mobiles..
+ sexier and slimmer than w810i
+ NEW!!!

- Camera/Photo quality slightly inferior to w810i (As per many opinions)
- Keypad smaller-Difficulty in SMSing
- Some users say its Battery cover in back is weak.. Even some one has released a youtube video for that :D
- M2( At present costlier than Memory stick duo) Hope they release 4gb memory stick in next 6 months.(I mean at affordable rates)

w810i
+ Good Camera+ Great-Same quality music of 610i(in earbuds)
+ Memory stick cheaper

-Lil bit bulky compared to 610i
-OLDER PHONE

Initially I wanted to buy an Ipod + normal phone. But when I realised that walkman phone is good in music then I thought of buying this phone with stock 512MB for time being and get one 4GB stick when its released. I want to keep this phone for atleast 1-1 1/2 year. So I'm inclined towards 610i as it would be newer for atleast now. Coz 810i is already older na. Also does 810i support 4GB stick?? How is the battery of 610i. Coz lots of music(1-2hr per day) would drain the battery fast).

Last edited:

2kewl

Sangeet Premi
hard_rock said:
Thanks guys.After doing lot of research on mobiles that suits my needs..I found out w810i or w610i is the best buy. I dint know they come with bundled speakers which is + for me as I'll be staying in room with no PC. So listening FM n music would be lot easier with MPS-70 or MDS-60.

Also by GSM arena reviews and your opinions in other threads, I found out that
w610i
+ A2DP- I think I dont use it as of now..Coz I have no plans to buy Bluetooth music receiver
+ Walkman 2
+ Better Video Quality
+ Louder than 810i
+ TrackID-I seldom use this kinda services as I dont use Internet in mobiles..
+ sexier and slimmer than w810i
+ NEW!!!

- Camera/Photo quality slightly inferior to w810i (As per many opinions)
- Keypad smaller-Difficulty in SMSing
- Some users say its Battery cover in back is weak.. Even some one has released a youtube video for that :D
- M2( At present costlier than Memory stick duo) Hope they release 4gb memory stick in next 6 months.(I mean at affordable rates)

w810i
+ Good Camera+ Great-Same quality music of 610i(in earbuds)
+ Memory stick cheaper

-Lil bit bulky compared to 610i
-OLDER PHONE

Initially I wanted to buy an Ipod + normal phone. But when I realised that walkman phone is good in music then I thought of buying this phone with stock 512MB for time being and get one 4GB stick when its released. I want to keep this phone for atleast 1-1 1/2 year. So I'm inclined towards 610i as it would be newer for atleast now. Coz 810i is already older na. Also does 810i support 4GB stick?? How is the battery of 610i. Coz lots of music(1-2hr per day) would drain the battery fast).

Go for the W610i,dude. Its newer, cooler and a better phone overall.

Too much is made about the "inferior" camera. The camera is probably just a bit noisier when compared to 810i but its still better than any other 2MP camera's of other phones due to AF.

...and you'll get used to the keys. Don't worry about that too much

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
@v_joy,
looking at ur requirements i'd suggest the same as hard rock: w610

@hard rock
don't worry buddy. got ahead wid that buy :) 4gb m2.... wait for sometime :)

OP
hard_rock

hard_rock

Salieri Family
Thanks buddy..Your posts helped me a lot in buying my phone. I'll buy next week in b'lore.

They have removed reputation system from this forum it seems..I'd have repped you :)

OP
hard_rock

hard_rock

Salieri Family
Hello Guys,
I'm in bangalore now. Purchased w810i!!! w610i wasnt available at the shop, said it would take another week or so to come...also I tried the demo piece of w610i they had. Keypad looked a bit problem to my fingers, so I considered w810i instead of waiting for w610i (I had no time for that).

And I must tell..I'm not regretting for my choice (and your advices) of w810i. This phone REALLY ROCKS as a MUSIC PHONE!! I'm listening to new sounds in the old songs with this phone. Its so clear and MEGABASS is awesome. I'd strongly recommend this phone to everybody (considering this budget)

BTW, I got it for Rs.11000. Box contains
MPS-60 Speakers
USB charger/Transfer
HPM-70 headphones.
A value package for this money.

Now I want to purchase memory stick. Does w810i support 4GB stick or only 2GB..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom