Need a new touch screen+ windows mobile phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

moshel

Padawan
Hi guys, m looking for a new phone. it must have the following features.

1. touch screen
2. windows mobile
3. sexy looks
4. budget 15k (+2k acceptable)

i have come across the HTC Touch and LG KS20.

i have read in reviews that the proccy on the touch is very slow. although the newer touch does have more RAM (128 mb as opposed to 64 mb in the older one). has anyone tried it?

also is iphone 3g worth the wait? what do u guys suggest? cos it one hell of a sexxy phone and i would love to own it but not if its for 18K++ as i have heard. also just the lack of certain features like no bluetooth file transfers, no copy paste and no video recording is something which is bothering me.

should i wait for the iphone or select something else???

Thanks
Moshel

apoorva84

In the zone
htc touch is good, you can go for it...but its getting obsolete really quickly as it has a slightly slow processor and no 3G....

NucleusKore

TheSaint
I have an HTC Touch which I bought in February for Rs. 16420.00

I do not recommend this phone. Why?

Mp3 ringtones are too soft even at maximum volume.

Phone becomes very sluggish with antivirus and call recorder. Earlier, before installing these, it used to freeze momentarily, now it freezes in slow motion.

Has quirky problems which can only be fixed by a restart (why am I am not surprised). An interesting one recently was when I found my phone ringing at unusually low volume, although the volume slider was maximum. I rebooted the phone and it was fine :-S

Cannot synchronize your address book with Outlook Express (Windows Address Book), Import or Export in any way using software bundle provided by the manufacturer. You can only sync with Outlook(that too costs and arm and a leg, and maybe a little more)

swordfish

Somebody stop me...
Dear NC, Try installing custom rom in your touch.. You will solve your problem..

try this *forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=364901

Sorry the post is offtopic

OP
moshel

moshel

Padawan
thx alot NucleusKore, for the short review of the HTC Touch. i guess i will wait for the iphone to launch and will decide then.

also im thinking if not the iphone then i might try out the LG Viewty.

btw after looking around i have noticed that to get a good touch screen + window mobile phone the minimum starting range is 20k. barring a few, most of the phones under 20k are not that good.

anyways thx for the help guys. im keeping my fingers crossed for the iphone.

btw i have heard that vodafone is bringing the iphone in august for 15k, which will include some added services too. while airtel is bringing for 10k.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom