Need a new phone below 20k.

TechnoBOY

Padawan
1. Budget: 15 to 20k.
2. Display type and size:1080p(ideally a phone with good display.)
3. Dual sim:Yes.
4. Preferred choice of brand: Samsung,Xiaomi etc
5. What camera option you want:A good rear and front cam.
6. Preferred operating system? (Android, iOS,Stock Android etc).Android.
7. Preferred connectivity options (Dual 4G,802.11AC/5Ghz(not 5g mobile network) wifi).Dual 4G,VoLTE.VoWiFi,ac/Dual Band.
8. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, internet, gaming etc): Camera,Internet,Multimedia and a bit of gaming.
9. Any specific mobile phones in consideration: Nop
10. Any other info that you want to share

Last edited:
OP
TechnoBOY

TechnoBOY

Padawan
One UI is dope, miui is crap.
Personally, I'd flash a custom rom irrespective of the stock OS. As for M30s, I won't may more than 10k because there are other better phones.
Once you get used to it, MIUI is fine. I had Andriod 10 based MIUI.

You will hate it for a few days as One UI is different.
Coming from oneUI miui feels completely different to me.
What about the ads?Heard that xiaomi shows ads?
I'm thinking of pocco but hows the display compared to AMOLED panels ?
Also what about A51?
Will switching from Samsung be hard?

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Coming from oneUI miui feels completely different to me.
What about the ads?Heard that xiaomi shows ads?
I'm thinking of pocco but hows the display compared to AMOLED panels ?
Also what about A51?
Will switching from Samsung be hard?
Even stock will feel like crap switching from One UI. I'd say stay with the One UI.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
If you want good display then prefer amoled screen. Miui ads can be turned off almost completely by spending 1-2 hours reading & configuring the mobile. Take a look at redmi K20 also.

meetdilip

Computer Addict
In my experience Samsung display is good. Xiaomi, not bad. Samsung is superior, that is a fact. But Xiaomi not bad either. Unless you put 2 of them side by side.

Get Poco X2 IMO or Redmi K20 (AMOLED is a treat to look at). Realme XT is also an ok choice, inferior software compared to the other two. I'd rate One UI superior to MIUI, but both have ads. It can be turned to an extent by following some online guides. I think MIUI is a good custom skin, has a lot of features. Realme is still adding some necessary features with its android 10 update & needs further optimization.

Stay away from Oppo & vivo.

M30s performs similar to S660/665, so inferior to RN8P, Poco X2 & K20. A50s/A51 has same SoC as M30s but with better build & some added minor features, those are not worth 20k. If you want Samsung, M30s it is. It trumps others in terms of battery life.
Compare Samsung Galaxy M30s vs. Xiaomi Poco X2 vs. Xiaomi Redmi K20 - GSMArena.com
^^Pick one among these

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Get Poco X2 IMO or Redmi K20 (AMOLED is a treat to look at). Realme XT is also an ok choice, inferior software compared to the other two. I'd rate One UI superior to MIUI, but both have ads. It can be turned to an extent by following some online guides. I think MIUI is a good custom skin, has a lot of features. Realme is still adding some necessary features with its android 10 update & needs further optimization.

Stay away from Oppo & vivo.

M30s performs similar to S660/665, so inferior to RN8P, Poco X2 & K20. A50s/A51 has same SoC as M30s but with better build & some added minor features, those are not worth 20k. If you want Samsung, M30s it is. It trumps others in terms of battery life.
Compare Samsung Galaxy M30s vs. Xiaomi Poco X2 vs. Xiaomi Redmi K20 - GSMArena.com
^^Pick one among these
One UI has ads? Can you post a screenshot?

Top Bottom