Status
Not open for further replies.

reshadat

Broken In
Hi guys. I need a new MOBO. Old one is fried. here is my present system configuration:

Intel P4 2.4 GHZ
512 MB ddr ram
40 gb ide hdd

Can I get a motherboard that is compatible with present configuration and can be used with newer processors as well? What if I plan to get core2duo or dual core after some time? I asked My "computer-waala" and he said its not possible. Also, which motherboard would u guys prefer? My budget is around Rs.2500.

Also which brand is better....My computerwaala is telling me that zebronics/mercury is better than asus/gigabyte...lol...I hope its not true!!

Sooraj_digit

BLah.. Blah..blah.......
if you are planning to have multi-core based proccys then you would have to shift to DDR2s and it may hardly support your old Pentium "pal". i guess a multi-core processor supporting boards dont support the P4s cuz of low FSB support....

Better brands for motherboards are MSI, Gigabyte, Asus.....

ECE0105

In the zone
Try going for an Intel 915GA Mobo, or XFX 610i

I am in the lookout for the same as well.. Best place would be the bazaar section.

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
@reshadat from the looks of ur config i assume that ur having P4 2.4Ghz which is compatible with socket 478.getting these type of mobo now is hrd and u wont get good mobo (u'll get crap 1s from Zebronics and Mercury).they'll cost u bout 2.2k and trust me buddy u'll be wasting ur money if u buy 1 of these.

ur best option now is to sell off ur current procy and ram.u'll get bout 1.5-2k for both.add another 4-4.5k and u'll get a E2160 + Biostar GF7050V-M7 + 1GB DDR2 667 for bout 6k.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom