Need a new laptop for specific needs

Randy_Marsh

Youngling
What is your budget? (INR or USD): I am willing to spend approx. 20k. Can stretch by 5-7k if deal is really good.

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer? 15" would be better, but I am alright with 14" display as well, but nothing less than that.

3) What are the primary tasks you will be performing with this notebook? Watching movies and streaming games from my gaming PC and PS4. Hence, the display quality of laptop should be really good. Also, its going to be a download machine so looking for minimum 1TB hard drive.

5) Any typical configuration in your mind you're eying for ? Nope. I just want to get best possible display quality in my budget. Don't want any dedicated graphics or high performance processor. Plus point would be if speakers quality is at least above mediocre.

4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like? None.

6) Anything else you would like to say? Apart from points mentioned above, It would be great if battery backup is good.

Thank you in advance!

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
What is your budget? (INR or USD): I am willing to spend approx. 20k. Can stretch by 5-7k if deal is really good.

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer? 15" would be better, but I am alright with 14" display as well, but nothing less than that.

3) What are the primary tasks you will be performing with this notebook? Watching movies and streaming games from my gaming PC and PS4. Hence, the display quality of laptop should be really good. Also, its going to be a download machine so looking for minimum 1TB hard drive.

5) Any typical configuration in your mind you're eying for ? Nope. I just want to get best possible display quality in my budget. Don't want any dedicated graphics or high performance processor. Plus point would be if speakers quality is at least above mediocre.

4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like? None.

6) Anything else you would like to say? Apart from points mentioned above, It would be great if battery backup is good.

Thank you in advance!

Online Shopping India Mobile, Cameras, Lifestyle & more Online @ Flipkart.co

OP
Randy_Marsh

Randy_Marsh

Youngling
2nd hand maybe. Otherwise nope.

lol I sold my first one, only because of its bad display quality and 1366x768 resolution (lenovo z510). I don't know why but I had this idea that 1920x1080 is now mainstream in laptop arena.
What about netbooks (or ultrabooks?), those Atom processor, thin & light weight machines..is it possible to get full HD resolution in those? I am not bothered about the performance at all, just the display should be good.

Thanks!

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
lol I sold my first one, only because of its bad display quality and 1366x768 resolution (lenovo z510). I don't know why but I had this idea that 1920x1080 is now mainstream in laptop arena.
What about netbooks (or ultrabooks?), those Atom processor, thin & light weight machines..is it possible to get full HD resolution in those? I am not bothered about the performance at all, just the display should be good.

Thanks!
You can spend 40k and still get a not good enough TN 1080p Panel.

Laptop market in India is utter crap.

OP
Randy_Marsh

Randy_Marsh

Youngling
You can spend 40k and still get a not good enough TN 1080p Panel.

Laptop market in India is utter crap.

Alright. In that case I think I'll have to manage with 1366x768 display. I'll visit nehru place and check the display qualities myself before buying.

Thank you all!

Stormbringer

Ambassador of Buzz
Alright. In that case I think I'll have to manage with 1366x768 display. I'll visit nehru place and check the display qualities myself before buying.

Thank you all!

Do you really need a laptop ? You could get a good 1080p display and connect it to your consoles and use something like a raspberry pi for downloading movies and play them on the display. Playing Playstation 4 pro on a 1366X768 display doesn't do justice to it. Just my 2 cents.

OP
Randy_Marsh

Randy_Marsh

Youngling
Do you really need a laptop ? You could get a good 1080p display and connect it to your consoles and use something like a raspberry pi for downloading movies and play them on the display. Playing Playstation 4 pro on a 1366X768 display doesn't do justice to it. Just my 2 cents.

I have a good 1080p monitor which I use with my PS4 and computer. Its just that, I am a lazy a$$ and likes to game while lying on my bed, having the display on the side. I used to game on my old laptop, by streaming content from PS4 and PC, all the time but its display $ucked real hard, so I sold it.
If there would have been thing like portable display, I would have bought that. But I think this can only be solved by having a laptop with good display

Stormbringer

Ambassador of Buzz
I have a good 1080p monitor which I use with my PS4 and computer. Its just that, I am a lazy a$$ and likes to game while lying on my bed, having the display on the side. I used to game on my old laptop, by streaming content from PS4 and PC, all the time but its display $ucked real hard, so I sold it.
If there would have been thing like portable display, I would have bought that. But I think this can only be solved by having a laptop with good display

The thing is you won't get a good display laptop in that price range. Most laptops compromise in display to keep costs down at that price range.

OP
Randy_Marsh

Randy_Marsh

Youngling
The thing is you won't get a good display laptop in that price range. Most laptops compromise in display to keep costs down at that price range.

yeah I got that now. Went to nehru place, delhi and found all to be utter crap. Will try to get my hands on a second hand laptop or maybe try to gain admin access on my office laptop (it's Dell Latitude E7470, full HD display with lovely color reproduction)

Top Bottom