Need a new cabinet in 2-3k range.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
BitFenix Merc Alpha Black Steel / Plastic ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Buy @ Best Price in India | Snapdeal
order it before it goes out of stock.

OP
S

setu4993

Journeyman
mdcomputers.in and itwares

Neither available at either.

betfenix merc alpha,i think, is avaiable at snapdeal including free shipping
BitFenix Merc Alpha Black Steel / Plastic ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Buy @ Best Price in India | Snapdeal
order it before it goes out of stock.

Just placed the order. Shipping from their warehouse at 19th according to the email. Thanks for all the help :)!

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
you mean PS03:
Buy Online Silverstone SST-PS03B-W Mid Tower Cabinet in India
SilverStone Technology Co., Ltd.- PS03
looks good but no reviews on major international sites compared to bitfenix merc alpha which has great reviews on all major international sites so it is your choice.i prefer bitfenix merc alpha though & it also has more fan install options.

OP
S

setu4993

Journeyman
you mean PS03:
Buy Online Silverstone SST-PS03B-W Mid Tower Cabinet in India
SilverStone Technology Co., Ltd.- PS03
looks good but no reviews on major international sites compared to bitfenix merc alpha which has great reviews on all major international sites so it is your choice.i prefer bitfenix merc alpha though & it also has more fan install options.

Yes, the same. Sorry for the typo.

I don't and most probably won't use graphic cards, so won't need extra fans. Checking for reviews right now myself too.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Silverstone is itself an awesome cabby company in US for custom liquid cooled rigs. My friend bought a Silverstone chassis which was Rs.6550 in primeabgb.com 1 year ago and it was awesome.

OP
S

setu4993

Journeyman
The guy at the counter told me that the SilverStone PS03 has USB 3.0. I left the place because I had to meet up with a friend. Checked online and nowhere did it say that there was a USB 3.0 version of it available. And posted about it here.

Decided to buy it if it had a USB 3.0 on the front panel. Went back. I told him the website says it doesn't. He confirmed it doesn't. Asked him about the Source 210, if it'll come anytime soon. He said they aren't ordering any new stock of the lower range NZXTs.

Dropped the plan for the SilverStone. And again to waiting for SnapDeal to ship the BitFenix Merc Alpha.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
i don't think snapdeal will ship it anytime soon as it is out of stock.these are the people who deliver bitfenix merc cabinets to snapdeal & though their prices are higher there is no issue of availability:
Overclockers Zone

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
i don't think snapdeal will ship it anytime soon as it is out of stock.these are the people who deliver bitfenix merc cabinets to snapdeal & though their prices are higher there is no issue of availability:
Overclockers Zone

Overclockers Zone is always overpriced in every component they sell.

OP
S

setu4993

Journeyman
Overclockers Zone

I'm quiet uncertain about them too. They emailed the shipping date as the 19th on the day of the order. I got an email on the 19th saying it'll take 3 more days.

I found a NZXT distributor in Pune. Called them up and they said they don't have 210s, and won't have them until March, 2014. But, they did have the Merc Alphas, both the USB 3.0 and USB 2.0 ones. (They haven't confirmed the pricing, yet.)

I'm going to Pune later this week, if SnapDeal still hasn't shipped by then, will probably buy it from there in person.

I'm quiet uncertain about them too. They emailed the shipping date as the 19th on the day of the order. I got an email on the 19th saying it'll take 3 more days.

I found a NZXT distributor in Pune. Called them up and they said they don't have 210s, and won't have them until March, 2014. But, they did have the Merc Alphas, both the USB 3.0 and USB 2.0 ones. (They haven't confirmed the pricing, yet.)

I'm going to Pune later this week, if SnapDeal still hasn't shipped by then, will probably buy it from there in person.

Merc Alpha is equally good.

Last edited:
OP
S

setu4993

Journeyman
Merc Alpha is equally good.

Yup, I know it is. Reading the AnandTech review when I was suggested it first convinced me of that.

And thus I ordered it when the 210 wasn't available. (My preference for 210 was because of the tool-less drives and the USB 3.0 availability.)

OP
S

setu4993

Journeyman
Bought the Merc Alpha USB 3.0 today. The order finally arrived with the dealer in Pune.

Will take it back to Mumbai when I go home mid-Jan, and post the photos after I set it all up :).

Top Bottom