Need a Mini-ITX configuration for multimedia and light gaming - Budget 1.2 Lac

kasshav

Broken In
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.' Vague answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work.)
Ans: Primary purpose is multimedia work related to Adobe AfterEffects, Adobe Premiere Pro and Cinema 4D. Occasionally light gaming is also desirable but primarily the multi-threaded performance is what I am more focused towards.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then please mention.
Ans: 1.2 Lac

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: No. I'm not an overclocking enthusiast

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Windows 11

5. How much hard drive / solid-state drive space is needed?
Ans: 2TB SSD

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention the screen size and resolution you prefer. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, then do mention the screen size and resolution of the monitor you have.
Ans: For multimedia work, I'm looking towards a 27 Inch 4K monitor that has true color profile.

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy? i.e. which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: I want to buy everything

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: Probably within next 2 months

9. Have you ever built a desktop before? Or, will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: I will build myself

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: I'm open to buy from PrimeABGB or MDComputers. I've also bought stuff from TheITDepot in past.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: The cabinet I'm looking for should be Mini-ITX but given current trends there are so many cabinets that have open mesh designs for better airflow but it also means easy intrusion of dust as well. Kindly suggest some ways to prevent dust from accumulating inside the cabinet maybe some cabinets that have pre-installed filters or maybe at least support dust filters.
Additionally, I am also looking towards water-cooling this system so a Mini-ITX that supports water-cooling would be brilliant.

bubusam13

Human
I am having a mini ITX build and I have CM NR200P white chassis. Which is on the larger side of mini ITX but got this as I am a heavy user and I wanted liquid cooling and lot of storage.

Import of these two were costing me too much and also were out of stock back then.
*thor-zone.com/
*www.louqe.com/portfolio/ghost-s1/

You can check this chassis *mdcomputers.in/fractal-design-ridge-white-fd-c-rid1n-02.html

*Remember, Mini ITX will have much more heat built up than ATX systems.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Ghost S1 is available on StacksKB for 12.5k
*stackskb.com/store/louqe-ghost-s1-mk-iii-mini-itx-computer-case/

I'm no expert on ITX cases or PSUs, but can recommend the rest of the components for a small space.

IMO avoid Intel as they are not as efficient as Ryzen 7000. In any case, do undervolt the CPU & put power limits based on the cooling capacity, run some CPU stress tests to tune it. Cinebench R23 should be fine.

pcpricetracker.in/b/s/7d6e9892-97ad-442f-bc1a-98ed30c06e24
That is already 109k w/o PSU & cooler. PCStudio is a shop called Ankit Infotech in Bengaluru, a reputed store.

R7 7700 is not as powerful as the i5 13600K, but it runs cooler & draws lower power at load (90W). Can leave it at stock settings if you don't want to do CPU UV. Maybe the stock cooler will suffice on it.

If you are going with liquid cooling, then you can potentially keep the 150W i5 13600K in check. With some UV, you will be great.

To save some money, maybe drop GPU to RX 6600 for 22k or Intel A750 if you want. Just check some reviews.

mdcomputers.in/lg-27-inch-4k-uhd-27ul500-w.html
Seems to be a decent 4K IPS monitor.

Top Bottom