need a messanger

Status
Not open for further replies.

ujjwal

Padawan
This is the official yahoo messenger for linux -

messenger.yahoo.com/messenger/download/unix.html

Try this as well, its a multiple protocol messenger client for linux which supports yahoo -

gaim.sourceforge.net

OP
R

rajas700

Youngling
skype is not installing.It says

The following package could not be found on your system. Installation cannot continue until it is installed.ulcoateable package
qt3 required by 'skype','1.2.0.11','suse'.

so give the exact url.

ujjwal

Padawan
You basically do not have the Qt toolkit installed, get the file qt-3.1.1-6.i386.rpm from the RedHat/RPMS directory in the redhat cd, or download it from *ftp.redhat.com/pub/redhat/linux/9/en/os/i386/RedHat/RPMS/qt-3.1.1-6.i386.rpm

Oh btw, I am assuming you are using Redhat 9.0, as I think you mentioned that somewhere....

vignesh

Wise Old Owl
I think he is using Suse.

skype is not installing.It says

The following package could not be found on your system. Installation cannot continue until it is installed.ulcoateable package
qt3 required by 'skype','1.2.0.11','suse'.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
i installed yahoo messenger for RH9 (i'm using FC4 btw). was able to execute it, no probs. but while installing some software i messed wid it. now when i try to remove it, i get the error "error rh9.ymessenger.<version>.rpm is not installed"

i tried reinstalling it, but i get the error msg "error rh9.ymessenger.<version>.rpm is already installed!" i can neither uninstall the package nor install it again. if i force an install (of corz after manually removing the prev instaance of yahoo messenger) and then execute ymessenger i get a "segmentation fault". plz help folks!.

desertwind

Cyborg Agent
infra_red_dude said:
i installed yahoo messenger for RH9 (i'm using FC4 btw). was able to execute it, no probs. but while installing some software i messed wid it. now when i try to remove it, i get the error "error rh9.ymessenger.<version>.rpm is not installed"

for uninstalling an rpm package, you should provide the package name, not the file name.

$ rpm -e rh9.ymessenger.<version>.rpm - incorrect
$ rpm -e rh9.ymessenger.<version> - correct

to find the correct package name

$ rpm -qa | grep ymessenger

and use that one for removing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom