need a light and small laptop for dad [80 - 90k]

rabjabber

Journeyman
1) What is your budget? (INR or USD)
ans: 80k - 90k INR

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?
Netbook; 11" - 10” screen or less
Thin and Light; 12" - 14" screen
Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen
Desktop Replacement; 17"+ screen

ans thin and light but at least 13.3 inches the wieght should not be more than 1.8 kg

3) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?
ans applications like MS word excel and a software package designed in VB6, all of the applications are supported by windows 8 pro but not single language

5) Any typical configuration in your mind you're eying for ?
ans i would like to have 4th gen processors.

4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
a. Like:
b. Dislike:
ans not really any like or dislike but would like to have a reliable brand in terms of after sales support

6) Anything else you would like to say?
Screen resolution ( 768p (HD) / 900p / 1080p (Full HD) )
Battery back up ( normal (3-4hrs) / extended (5-7hrs) )
Purchase place ( Online (eg - flipkart, infibeam) / Local / Abroad (do mention the country) )

ans for the price i' looking for full HD, at least 5 hr battery and will buy from the most convinient place maybe dubai but the chances of abroad are slim

vicky2008

Broken In
If your needs are met by Apple products, MacBook Air is good too and if 2.06kg is alright, MacBook Pro is available. Or else great windows ultrabooks are there too. Just state if u want a windows OS.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
MacBook Air 13" or retina MacBook Air 13" both fit in ur budget and are both light and tick all ur boxes

OP
R

rabjabber

Journeyman
why not buy a high end chromebook and install windows in it?

never occured to me.
anyways dad wouldn't allow. moreover chromebooks don't perform that good afaik

can anyone tell me the prices specs and the wieghts of the asus zenbook and vaio (i think s series is the ultraportable one) and some samsung ultrabook that meet the requirements.

please don't give links(i could find many links if i look for it) as i'm in boarding and many websites are blocked including flipkart and other online shopping sites

$hadow

Geek in making
You can check out series 9 ultra book from sammy though it is a bit over your budget you can still check it out locally and get it for a good bargain.

Top Bottom