Need a Laptop under 65K

ShyamS

Broken In
Hi folks,

I decided got a new Laptop after some research found NP550P5C-S02IN is good choice but here I found lot of users are having issues that model. My previous Sony Vaio died because of constant overheat over 3 years. Now im back to square 1. It's so confusing with so many models to choose from including the new Ultra books.

What I need?

• 3rd Gen i7 processor
  • Good battery (4 to 5 hours more the better)
  • Good screen (IPS display if available)
  • 6 to 8 GB RAM

I'm not a Hardcore gamer (I still can't get over the concept Laptop and Gaming) but I do run pretty heavy application like Visual Studio 2012, Office 2013, Photoshop other CRM etc. The problems is lot of models I see are not available in India which makes it harder to find. I can maybe go up 70K.

TIA.

Abhishek Nama

Journeyman
Please refer this link. I had similar requirements.

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/laptops-netbooks/162273-laptop-budget-65k.html

SlayerAndy

Broken In
If you are not into gaming you could go for Sony or Inspiron 15R SE. This could be one option of Sony.
SVE14A16FN : E Series : VAIO™ Laptop & Computer : Sony India

Not really browsed alot. Would soon post some more opinions.

OP
S

ShyamS

Broken In
If you are not into gaming you could go for Sony or Inspiron 15R SE. This could be one option of Sony.
SVE14A16FN : E Series : VAIO™ Laptop & Computer : Sony India

Not really browsed alot. Would soon post some more opinions.

Thanks buddy

aroraanant

Explorer
Sony VAIO SVE14A16FN is a good option for you.
You can also have a look at Dell Inspiron SE with Full HD Display.
Samsung 550P is another option you have.
And there is one ultrabook in Acer i.e. Acer Aspire S3-391

And if you wish to buy a machine with 3rd gen i5 then you can get ultrabooks for around 50-55k so that saves a lot of your money too, the options available are Envy 4 and Sony VAIO SVS13112EN, and Samsung NP530U4C-S01IN is also an option

Digital Fragger

A Functioning God
That Sony machine or Inspiron 15r se with full hd is a good option since you need more screen real estate going by your requirements. Avoid 550p, it doesn't fit your bill of good screen.

rider

as Kratos
As per your requirements the best is sony vaio SVS15115FN 1080p IPS panel laptop for you. You will get it around 66-67k after bargaining.

OP
S

ShyamS

Broken In
If you are not going to game then NP550 is fine.

So the issues people are facing is only for gamers? How would you say the battery life is?

Sony VAIO SVE14A16FN is a good option for you.
You can also have a look at Dell Inspiron SE with Full HD Display.
Samsung 550P is another option you have.
And there is one ultrabook in Acer i.e. Acer Aspire S3-391

And if you wish to buy a machine with 3rd gen i5 then you can get ultrabooks for around 50-55k so that saves a lot of your money too, the options available are Envy 4 and Sony VAIO SVS13112EN, and Samsung NP530U4C-S01IN is also an option

Thanks. Acer seems to be very expensive for the model. I never trusted that brand. Sony seems to be fine. Do you know if I can upgrade the RAM at the time of purchase? or Do I take to service center for that? I don't mind doing it by myself I'm only concerned about warranty.

That Sony machine or Inspiron 15r se with full hd is a good option since you need more screen real estate going by your requirements. Avoid 550p, it doesn't fit your bill of good screen.

Could you post the link for Inspiron 15R SE? There are lot of model under Inspiron 15R SE not sure which one is FHD.

As per your requirements the best is sony vaio SVS15115FN 1080p IPS panel laptop for you. You will get it around 66-67k after bargaining.

It looks great. But I need i7 processor. Does Sony Vaio have same model with i7?

rider

as Kratos
The new core-i5 is good enough for photo editing also you don't do gaming or high def video editing.
If you still want a core-i7 get SVS15116GN : S Series : VAIO™ Laptop & Computer : Sony India

drkrack

Broken In
I was under the same confusion few days ago,
I bought this Samsung 550P Lappy after reading 550P thread on this forum completely,
I think ,This is not built for serious Gaming,
Samsung also advertises it as High Performance and not a Gaming Lappy.

I don't game much, mostly use it for Video editing, Photoshop & Multimedia Purposes.
It's a great VFM Lappy as far as Multimedia Powerhouse is Concerned.
The Screen, Audio & performance are simply Awesome...
I didn't face this heating issue, though battery performance is average.
I am completely happy with the performance

The new Sony Trackpad is not user friendly, right and Left clicks get mixed...
was a deal breaker for me..

Hope this helps You..

Last edited:
OP
S

ShyamS

Broken In
The new core-i5 is good enough for photo editing also you don't do gaming or high def video editing.
If you still want a core-i7 get SVS15116GN : S Series : VAIO™ Laptop & Computer : Sony India

I use around 2 VMWare one of Linux and one for XP for my application testing. I don't think i5 can handle them. That's why I need a high-end specs. But seems like his model is way to expensive when compared to Samsung only difference is FHD

Link for Dell Inspiron 15R SE FHD

The Dell Online Store: Build Your System

Thanks buddy

Abhishek Nama

Journeyman
The Samsung NP550 i7 would fit you perfectly. The dell is good too, but I think we have to wait for 2-3 weeks to get the laptop from Dell.

Abhishek Nama

Journeyman
That won't be a problem couple of my friend works for Dell. I'm thinking the same NP550 maybe the one

I think you can go for the Sammy. Some people are reporting heating issues with the laptop during gaming but with normal usage it runs just fine.

OP
S

ShyamS

Broken In
I think you can go for the Sammy. Some people are reporting heating issues with the laptop during gaming but with normal usage it runs just fine.

If it's the GPU that's getting heated then it's fine. But if it's CPU core then it will be a problem because it will have the same impact while I work with multiple application. I read HP Laptops has some technology that cools down the laptop very well.

Abhishek Nama

Journeyman
If it's the GPU that's getting heated then it's fine. But if it's CPU core then it will be a problem because it will have the same impact while I work with multiple application. I read HP Laptops has some technology that cools down the laptop very well.

The Samsung model has a 1600x900 resolution. If you are not that interested in this resolution, you can go for HP models.
Regarding heating issues with Samsung:

During Gaming:
GPU and the core will definitely get heated up.

During Normal usage:
Bot the GPU and the core runs at standard temperatures.

You can clarify this with someone from the Sammy thread.

Top Bottom