Need a Laptop for Designing

techking_dinesh

Digit Squad Member
Hello,
I am into web designing.
I mostly have the following appz open simultaneously on my PC / Lappy

Corel Draw , Illustrator , Photoshop , Dreamweaver , And VLC media player
( Wrote this for an idea of resources consumed )

I am in need of a new laptop that can handle my designing work.
Screen Size : Minimum 14"
RaM: 4,6,OR 8GB
Dedicated gfx badly needed
Open to any OS except vista
Budget : Upto 55K
Brand: Any

So hit me with some cool options..
I m ready to wait till mid march

Regards
Dinesh Modi

pauldmps

Banned
Lenovo Y560 should be good VFM.

Get the i7 model which should cost about 55k. The 1GB HD 5730 is a very powerful gpu (runs GTA IV at 48 FPS according to notebookcheck.com). Please make sure that you check its build quality before buying.

Also look for the Dell XPS 15 laptops. They have Nvidia-based GPU (which is a little less performer than the ATI)

pauldmps

Banned
The GTX 420 is a slightly less powerful GPU as compared to the HD 5730M. But this should not concern you much.

Also it seems (through images, I have no hands-on experience) that the XPS has a better build quality than Lenovo.

But it is better that you look out for the XPS 15 instead of XPS 14 for larger screen. Visit a retailer & check out both Lenovo & Dell. The pick out whichever suits you better. You won't regret with any of them.

EDIT: It seems that the XPS 15 series laptops are now out of stock. Either Dell is discontinuing it or replacing it with newer Sandy-Bridge processors.

Last edited:

aytus

The Boss
Ur good with almost any laptop.. without concerns.. as long as you are not into after effects .. cos then you would want to go with i7. Video rendering is made by the devil.. i tell you :)

And.. rumors are that dell are refreshing the xps 14.. so hold on till then. maybe jst maybe that,s wot you want.

OP
techking_dinesh

techking_dinesh

Digit Squad Member
I am into after effects too.. very lil.. bt i prefer desktop for it ..
Will be more than happy.. if my lappy can manage that !!

aytus

The Boss
As ur apps allow it.. do consider the new mac pro refresh... (sandy, thunder and AMD down under) :D
comeswith the added coolness quotient.. might overshoot your budget though, but worth it if you are thinking of using it for 3+ years

Top Bottom