Need a laptop for AE, Premiere Pro, Cinema4D, Blender and Photoshop

billamama

In the zone
Please suggest a laptop for Content Creation in Premiere Pro, After effects, Blender, Cinema 4D, Photoshop, illustrator, Coreldraw etc
Pleasecheck If the following is capable of solving my problem?

acer Aspire 7 Ryzen 5 Hexa Core 5500U - (8 GB/512 GB SSD/Windows 10/4 GB গ্রাফিক্স/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650) A715-42G গেমিং ল্যাপটপ
*dl.flipkart.com/dl/acer-aspire-7-r...c?pid=COMGYCG8ZBXWPYUU&cmpid=product.share.pp

OP
billamama

billamama

In the zone
What is your budget? (INR or USD)
75k max

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?
Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen
Or Desktop Replacement; 17"+ screen

3) What are the primary tasks you will be performing with this notebook?
Running the following softwàres :
1. After effects 2. Premiere Pro
3.Blender 4. 3Ds Max 5. Photoshop 6. CorelDraw

3) Any typical configuration in your mind you're eying for ?
Ryzen based

4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
No

6) Anything else you would like to say?
Screen resolution ( 1080p (Full HD) )
Battery back up ( extended (5-7hrs) )
Purchase place ( Online (eg - flipkart, infibeam) / Local = Kolkata )

aby geek

Cyborg Agent
*dl.flipkart.com/dl/msi-gf75-thin-c...1?pid=COMFUR8XGGHCYGRS&cmpid=product.share.pp

*dl.flipkart.com/dl/msi-gf65-thin-c...0?pid=COMFP64FZKAHVT3H&cmpid=product.share.pp

*dl.flipkart.com/dl/hp-omen-ryzen-5...0?pid=COMFSTFFPEWNUCH5&cmpid=product.share.pp

*dl.flipkart.com/dl/acer-nitro-5-ry...c?pid=COMGF8EY7WV5AGFC&cmpid=product.share.pp

Here you go 2 intel options and 2 ryzen.
I believe the new nitro 5 is the best pick here. For colour accuracy you might want to consider a separate monitor.

OP
billamama

billamama

In the zone
*dl.flipkart.com/dl/msi-gf75-thin-c...1?pid=COMFUR8XGGHCYGRS&cmpid=product.share.pp

*dl.flipkart.com/dl/msi-gf65-thin-c...0?pid=COMFP64FZKAHVT3H&cmpid=product.share.pp

*dl.flipkart.com/dl/hp-omen-ryzen-5...0?pid=COMFSTFFPEWNUCH5&cmpid=product.share.pp

*dl.flipkart.com/dl/acer-nitro-5-ry...c?pid=COMGF8EY7WV5AGFC&cmpid=product.share.pp

Here you go 2 intel options and 2 ryzen.
I believe the new nitro 5 is the best pick here. For colour accuracy you might want to consider a separate monitor.
*dl.flipkart.com/dl/acer-aspire-7-r...c?pid=COMGYCG8ZBXWPYUU&cmpid=product.share.pp
How about this one?

dissel

Cyborg Agent
For Ae + Pr Combo - Look for H version CPU and in GPU a Ti may handle the process easily, Also 16GB Ram is the bare minimum which you can upgrade later, Fos Acer as I gather you may need to visit service centre for RAM upgrade - if you do it yourself you may lose the warranty.

Edit :- I don't understand this Acer Product a U version instead of H ? U version for ultrabooks not for a gaming laptop.

Last edited:

aby geek

Cyborg Agent
The aspire 7 build quality is questionable. Nitro series is good but they might not have 100%srgb which you need for your content to be color accurate especially designing for print and packaging.
If you do not want to buy a monitor then you will need to increase the budget for better screen and more ram.

OP
billamama

billamama

In the zone
The aspire 7 build quality is questionable. Nitro series is good but they might not have 100%srgb which you need for your content to be color accurate especially designing for print and packaging.
If you do not want to buy a monitor then you will need to increase the budget for better screen and more ram.
Like?

OP
billamama

billamama

In the zone
For Ae + Pr Combo - Look for H version CPU and in GPU a Ti may handle the process easily, Also 16GB Ram is the bare minimum which you can upgrade later, Fos Acer as I gather you may need to visit service centre for RAM upgrade - if you do it yourself you may lose the warranty.

Edit :- I don't understand this Acer Product a U version instead of H ? U version for ultrabooks not for a gaming laptop.
I have no Idea that's why I'm asking for help and suggestions, please help me whatever it is required to run above mentioned softwares

aby geek

Cyborg Agent
You need bare minimum 16gb ram and 1650ti.
Next comes processor with as many cores as possible for rendering purposes. If its i7 that's great otherwise ryzen 5 4600h / 5600h can do the job for now.

The cheapest no compromise configurations I see is the helios 300 i7 10750h with 2060 and 100%srgb going for 109k. Its latest version is 116k with 10870h and rtx 3060.

Some configurations of zephyrus g14 might fall a little close to your budget but they will come with 8gb ram and 1650ti gpu only. There you will need to upgrade the ram but the processor and screen will be great.

Try talking to your nearest acer dealer and find out how much they will sell the 5600h nitro 5 16gb for.
Get the price for 16gb ram variant if you dont want to upgrade your own.
Also ask them the srgb of the screen.

Will you be using a drawing tablet with these softwares?

OP
billamama

billamama

In the zone
You need bare minimum 16gb ram and 1650ti.
Next comes processor with as many cores as possible for rendering purposes. If its i7 that's great otherwise ryzen 5 4600h / 5600h can do the job for now.

The cheapest no compromise configurations I see is the helios 300 i7 10750h with 2060 and 100%srgb going for 109k. Its latest version is 116k with 10870h and rtx 3060.

Some configurations of zephyrus g14 might fall a little close to your budget but they will come with 8gb ram and 1650ti gpu only. There you will need to upgrade the ram but the processor and screen will be great.

Try talking to your nearest acer dealer and find out how much they will sell the 5600h nitro 5 16gb for.
Get the price for 16gb ram variant if you dont want to upgrade your own.
Also ask them the srgb of the screen.

Will you be using a drawing tablet with these softwares?

*www.flipkart.com/lenovo-ideapad-ga...1650-60-hz-15arh05-laptop/p/itm757cc3d41cfba\
This is easily the top performer CPU under 1 lakh unless there's some R7 5800H one.

H series CPUs have 45W CPUs and are better for long CPU intensive tasks over U series CPUs (usually 15W, sometimes 25W).

For R5 5500U performance, just check review for R5 4600U, its the same CPU with a new name. Its much better than Intel's i7 U CPUs, even gives i7 10750H a run for its money, but check R7 4800H performance as well.

If you want to save money, get this:
*www.flipkart.com/lenovo-ideapad-ga...-1650-60-hz-15arh05-laptop/p/itm8cc53c2585ee9

aby geek

Cyborg Agent
*www.amazon.in/dp/B08CV1CLTW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glt_fabc_HGNTH0QQ70XACTQ8RXCC
This takes care of the color accuracy but you will need to upgrade the ram.

*cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/AMD-Ryzen-7-4800HS-vs-AMD-Ryzen-7-4800H/m1064059vsm1032976
Not much slower than 4800h either.

What say @omega44-xt ?

@billamama This option is also there but if the screen is 45% ntsc and you need to have accurate colors you will have to shell out for external display. That is why I asked you if you will be using drawing tablet. If yes then a drawing monitor can take care of colour accuracy. So choose according to your needs.

Last edited:
*www.amazon.in/dp/B08CV1CLTW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glt_fabc_HGNTH0QQ70XACTQ8RXCC
This takes care of the color accuracy but you will need to upgrade the ram.

*cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/AMD-Ryzen-7-4800HS-vs-AMD-Ryzen-7-4800H/m1064059vsm1032976
Not much slower than 4800h either.

What say @omega44-xt ?

@billamama This option is also there but if the screen is 45% ntsc and you need to have accurate colors you will have to shell out for external display. That is why I asked you if you will be using drawing tablet. If yes then a drawing monitor can take care of colour accuracy. So choose according to your needs.
Good enough actually. 4800HS is just a 4800H at 35W, mostly (I think 4800HS is better binned as well). Its major issue was thermals while gaming with 60W GPUs like 1660Ti Max Q. 1650Ti is 50W, so bit less heat in CPU+ GPU workload. Also, the laptop is out of budget mentioned by OP.

If you really want something light weight & portable, that would be great. Although 14" will be bit small. 15.6" isn't that big either. I work with blender at times & due to WFH I felt my laptop display to be small as blender has a lot of options & better viewed on a bigger panel, so I ended up buying a 24" monitor.

So weigh the pros & cons & take a decision @billamama.

aby geek

Cyborg Agent
Yeah if buying a monitor isn't an issue then budget options are ok. I was looking for a single unit that is why I suggested g14.
If OP isn't comfortable upgrading the ram then I guess they will have to hook up a bigger monitor for colour accurate work.

I just realized I had not posted the link before
*store.acer.com/en-in/laptops/gamin...zen5-an515-43-5600h-gtx-1650-8gb-un.qbmsi.004

Last edited:
Yeah if buying a monitor isn't an issue then budget options are ok. I was looking for a single unit that is why I suggested g14.
If OP isn't comfortable upgrading the ram then I guess they will have to hook up a bigger monitor for colour accurate work.

I just realized I had not posted the link before
*store.acer.com/en-in/laptops/gamin...zen5-an515-43-5600h-gtx-1650-8gb-un.qbmsi.004
That was posted earlier but R7 4800H easily beats 5600H in multicore tasks like video rendering. So R7 4800H would be the better choice. Its not too slow in lightly threaded tasks where the superior single-core performance of Ryzen 5000 shines.

aby geek

Cyborg Agent
In that case ideapad is good. But thermals and color accuracy need to be checked.
If OP does decide to increase budget then g14 is a great option.

In that case ideapad is good. But thermals and color accuracy need to be checked.
If OP does decide to increase budget then g14 is a great option.
Thermals will be ok for 1650/1650Ti, better to raise the back of laptop for better airflow from bottom.

Display is most likely 60-70% sRGB.

OP
billamama

billamama

In the zone
Yes I use Drawing Tablet
Yes I'm going to use a monitor with it
I've extended my budget up to 1.00,000/-
What options do I have now?

Last edited:

aby geek

Cyborg Agent
Best option in that case would be the 112k m1 mac, after student discount it can come down to 98k I guess.
Besides that zephyrus g14 with 4600hs and 1660ti should also come at around 100k.

Next up is msi creator 15m with 10750h and 1660ti at 104k. Just check about how the service is in your city.
Get local msi owners feedback before purchase. Don't confuse this with the newer creator 15 that is 180k.

Omen 15 4600h is the cheapest laptop with 1660ti at 80k. Then acer nitro5 5600h/1650 is available at 73k and lenovo ideapad gaming 3 with 4800h and 1650 at 72k. All these will have low colour accuracy so you can hook them up with this HUION Kamvas 13 Black Graphic Drawing Monitor Pen: Amazon.in: Electronics

If you already have a tablet and don't want that then the asus zephyrus g14 config I linked earlier is good.
It has 4800hs and 1650ti with a pantone validated screen at 91k.

Since you are going to connect a monitor you can also consider acer nitro 5 with 5600h and 3060 at 96k but the monitor will take you over 1lac.

Top Bottom